Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1025R auto deck issues!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks

1025R auto deck issues!

I installed the new 60" auto deck today on my 1025R and everything lined up great and went smooth as silk, but I checked the blade heights from side to side and the left side showed probably 1/2" -3/4" lower then the chute side. I adjusted the gold clevis's until the blades measured even from one side to the other lowering the deck to the correct mowing height with that adjuster. The weird part is that the clevis's are not even close to the same lengths now. The chute side threaded portion is flush with the bottom of the threaded hole and the left side has about 1/2" of threads showing. It looks odd from underneath too. I had the deck all the way up and slowly lowered it watching the two main arms that the clevis's connect to. They go down even and then the left one stops and then the chute side one continues down a little more and then stops. You can watch the deck on the left side stop lowering and then the chute side continues down a little more, but that is when the blades are the same height from the ground on a level surface. I figured the two gold clevis would be about the same length when it is correct. They were about even when I got the tractor, but the blades were not even from side to side. To check the blade height, I am lowering the deck down to where it stops using the height adjuster. The first time I just lowered it and stopped the height with the hydraulics and leveled it, but then when I lowered it to stop with the adjuster it wasn't even close. It really seems weird though to lower the deck and see the left side stop and the right side keeps going a little. Also if the engine is at idle and you start the deck, it sounds pretty noisy like rocks in a coffee can. Everything feels smooth to turn by hand, but the belt is flopping quite a bit and the tensioner spring is just shaking like crazy at 1500 idle speed. If I raise the rpm's to 3000 or so if feels like it smooths out a lot, but the engine is so loud, it's hard to tell. I mowed a section of the yard since it is all new, I thought maybe it was just tight, but ti's just as noisy as before I started at idle. Is this just the nature of the beast? I had the deck on for a short time when I first got it and I didn't leave it on but I did turn the deck on for just a few seconds and I swear I commented on how smooth it was compared to my old 445 deck. But now it sounds rattly. Is the deck in a twist or something now that I adjusted the height and making it noisy . Any ideas???

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    When you installed the deck , wondering did you have to put the hangers on to the tractor or just drive over the deck and ready to attach.
    I had to put both arms and the cross arm. the two gold clevis that attach to tractor can only go one way. The p goes toward the back of tractor maybe you have one of them reversed . That will keep the deck from dropping down smoothy .
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    The "P" shape is on correctly. I took the deck completely back off and the little gizzmos that the "P" shape goes over must just not be welded onto that shaft exaclty the same on both sides, because with the deck off and the arms hanging down, if I measure from the floor up to the center of the bolts that go into the slit for the auto-connect, they measure the same distance even though the threads are not exposed the same amount in the clevis's. This setting keeps my blades the same height form side to side.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Thanks

1025R auto MMM

It does sound weird that your hangers are so far off. Mine are exactly the same length on both sides and the mower hangs perfectly level. When lowered, the blades are exactly the same on both sides of the deck.
    You had mentioned when you lower the deck, the one side stops while the other side continues to lower. This sounds weird as the mower deck hangs on the same hangers when raised as it does when lowered so I can't figure why when lowering it, one side would continue down further.
    etcallhome likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    It does sound weird that your hangers are so far off. Mine are exactly the same length on both sides and the mower hangs perfectly level. When lowered, the blades are exactly the same on both sides of the deck.
    You had mentioned when you lower the deck, the one side stops while the other side continues to lower. This sounds weird as the mower deck hangs on the same hangers when raised as it does when lowered so I can't figure why when lowering it, one side would continue down further.
    Yeh, That is weird. I will have to look it all over again, because like you said I noticed that the bracket that the clevis hang from are welded onto the same cross shaft, so there seems that there wold be no way that one side could go farther the the other and both would stop a the same time. I need to look at that again. Thanks!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Thanks
    [You can watch the deck on the left side stop lowering and then the chute side continues down a little more, but that is when the blades are the same height from the ground on a level surface.]

Mine does the same thing. I will have to look at this closer to see how to fix this.
    2012 1026R w/ 60D Auto-Connect MMM, 260 Backhoe, H120 Front End Loader, HF quick hitch, 5' County Line Back Blade, 5' Pine Needle Rake, Originalcab Hard Top Cab, Artillian Forks 42", King Cutter 5' box blade.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    "You can watch the deck on the left side stop lowering and then the chute side continues down a little more, but that is when the blades are the same height from the ground on a level surface."

Mine has been doing this also for two years now. Not too worried about it - deck is level when it's down and cuts good. My quick deck level check is my fingers under the corner wheels while on concrete and then cutting I go.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    "You can watch the deck on the left side stop lowering and then the chute side continues down a little more, but that is when the blades are the same height from the ground on a level surface."

Mine has been doing this also for two years now. Not too worried about it - deck is level when it's down and cuts good. My quick deck level check is my fingers under the corner wheels while on concrete and then cutting I go.
    Yep, I used that JD blade gauge to level the deck, but I noticed that after I was done the wheels on all four corners where almost identical height form the floor. So the wheel brackets must be designed to be pretty darn level with the blades side to side. So if you notice the wheels on one side being much different from the other side, you know something needs checked. (as long as you have the wheel pins in the same hole heights) Thanks! It's nice to know mine isn't just being weird!

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Have you checked the air pressure in tires to make sure that they are the same?
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    Have you checked the air pressure in tires to make sure that they are the same?
    Yep, Tire pressures are even. I think we are good to go at this point. The grass is really starting to grow, so it will get a pretty good workout shortly! Thanks!

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast