Is your1025R 60" auto-connect noisey at low speeds?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is your1025R 60" auto-connect noisey at low speeds?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks

Is your1025R 60" auto-connect noisey at low speeds?

If you have a 1025R with a 60" auto-connect deck, is your deck kind noisey at idle and then smooth out as the rpms go up? Kind of a rattly sound. At idle (1500) if I start the deck it has a lot of rattle sound to it. I had my wife get on it and start the deck and the belt is flopping around and the tensioner spring is jumping back and forth a lot. If I raise the rpms to 3000 or so, it is not noticable. I took the deck completely back off and removed the belt. All of the bearings feels smooth as glass. I actually wonder, is there a chance that the blades are causing it? When I look under it, the blades look super cheezy and are thin and even kinda wavey looking like a cheap stamping. I wondered if they could be causing a uneven airflow that would make the belt not pull evenly and cause the low speed noise. Another cheezy piece I noticed is the little short driveshaft that goes from the auto-connect to the rear pto. I can turn it by hand and the female portion of it (rear part) goes at least 1/8" out of round as you watch it turn. It's like they didn't get the hole for the front shaft machined in the center of the rear part. Let me know if your deck makes any noise other than the blades whining. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    When mine was first delivered it made a noise and rattled and shook some at idle, but after the first mowing of 2.5 hours it all went away. It's perfectly smooth at all rpm's now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:54 PM
    Thanks
    Mine makes noise, it's the belt vibrating
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    If you do a search you will see a thread from two years ago on this topic. There were some discoveries and fixes.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Milharri View Post
    If you do a search you will see a thread from two years ago on this topic. There were some discoveries and fixes.

Do you happen to know the title of that thread?

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...st.php?p=30346

"Rattling sound on a 60 mm deck"

dieselshadow likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I'd like to kick my butt! My deck rattlled so bad at 1500, and it is brand new, I was beginning to wonder if maybe they forgot to grease the deck bearings, so I greased them. I used the grease gun that I always used for my old 445 deck and our cars and trucks. It is a valvoline Ford/Mercury spec with moly I think. It didn't make any difference and guys here have said the rattle is the nature of the beast at idle, so I wish I had waited until JD was open and I could have gotten some genuine JD grease like the manual calls for. My other deck lasted for 16 years with the grease I used, so it must not be too bad. How in the world do you know when to stop adding grease to the blade bearings. It seems like you can pump forever and it never feels like it is getting full. What is the trick to knowing how much to add?

10. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milharri View Post
    Rattling sound on a 60 mm deck?

"Rattling sound on a 60 mm deck"

I found that there were several issues that caused the rattling at low speeds. I was never able to completely cure it of the noise before I traded it for my 2720. You can reduce a lot of it by doing some of the suggestions in that thread, mainly it's the Auto-Connect bearing bracket. So in short, yes, it's the nature of the beast....
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help guys! I just thought maybe something was wrong. Glad to hear it is normal. Not really a big deal because I usually don't let it idle with the deck running very much anyways and at mowing rpm's, it all feels real smooth. I had done a search and saw one comment that really got my attention and I would have never thought about it, but he said that the 3 cylinder diesel tends to pulsate at low rpms due to having a odd number of cylinders per even number of evolutions. Not something you really feel, but it is there. He said they put a heavy flywheel on them to help, but at low rpms, it still has a pulse/rythm to it and then at higher rpm's it is not noticable anymore and smooths out. After I saw that it made perfect sense that if the engine is putting a pulse thru the PTO and on to the deck, I could see where that could cause the belt to jump around etc. because the power from the PTO is not perfectly smooth or even at low speeds. It would be like the power is a little on-off-on-off-on-off which would make things shake. It seems to make sense. Maybe kinda like a Harley Motorcycle that sits there and shakes like crazy at idle and then smooths out when you speed it up. I mowed with it a little bit yesterday and it did a great job. That big cushiony seat and armrests are a lot more comfortable than the seat on my old 445. Happy Easter to all!
    Last edited by 1025RGardner; 04-20-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    etcallhome likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Happy Easter to you and others !
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast