Tip for 1025R owners with auto-connect decks.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Tip for 1025R owners with auto-connect decks.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks

Tip for 1025R owners with auto-connect decks.

I've seen several you-tube videos showing how to use the auto-connect deck and some recommended doing it in the grass so the deck wouldn't slide like it does on cement or blocktop. Well, I want to do mine in my shop where there is concrete. I own a Home Improvement company and we sell entrance doors. They come with a sheet of cardboard on each side of the door. I took that cardboard and layed it flat on the concrete and drove the tractor on top of it, lowered the deck with the cardboard under it and then proceeded to drive off of the deck and it never moved and then I drove back over it to connect it and it stayed right in place. The nice thing about doing it on a flat surface like black-top or concrete is that the auto-connect portion will always be in the correct height to line up correctly. I saw one video where the guy was doing it in the yard and he just kept banging it back and forth trying to get it to connect. When I was originally adjusting the auto-connect portion, I could actually roll the tractor ahead by hand and get it click nice and easy. A grass surface could be uneven and not allow a perfect alignment. So if you have had issues with your deck sliding when you drive on or off of it on a hard surface, try putting a piece of cardboard under the deck and make sure you are in 4 wheel drive-low range. It is smooth as glass!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1025RGardner For This Useful Post:

ChrisR (04-23-2014), Drifterbike (05-23-2017), Hap (04-23-2014), s1283 (05-23-2017), Tugboat51 (04-29-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Cardboard sounds like a good idea, anything that provides a bit of traction to the deck/ground. I'm using pieces of coi pond liner (rubber). My problem is finding a flat enough surface to do the deck final adjustments and tuning. Even my shop/garage floor is slanted in 2 different directions to a drain and the blacktop outside looks like Lake Erie during a storm...
    etcallhome likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    04-13-2019 @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    I've never really had an issue with the deck sliding on concrete when trying to attach it. Guess I've lucked out so far
    Ghostrider304 likes this.
    2013 1025R FILB, 60" MMM with Autoconnect and Independent Lift, 48" Priefert Box Blade

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Hap

Last Online
    07-14-2019 @ 06:02 AM
    Thanks

Carpet

I'm thinking a piece of carpet may work also...I have several laying around my garage...I am concerned of slipping on cement, I haven't tried the connect disconnect yet...
    Hap1025R
    1 hour...had .6 when I got it!
    etcallhome likes this.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks
    Just don't do like me! The very first time I connected the deck I had a large piece of cardboard under the deck, drove ov er it and made the connection, checked e verything and it looked good. So now I was curious if the deck was going to be loud, so I hit the PTO switch with the deck still laying directly on the cardboard with the 4 corner wheels still all the way up. At that point there was a shower of cardboard coming out of the chute. Thankfully, it was one big piece of cardboard and it just sucked it upwards and started cutting a circle with the center blade. At that point my underwear was full and the shop was covered with brown cardboard pieces. Not one of my brighter moments!!!

9. Top | #6
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1025RGardner View Post
    Just don't do like me! The very first time I connected the deck I had a large piece of cardboard under the deck, drove ov er it and made the connection, checked e verything and it looked good. So now I was curious if the deck was going to be loud, so I hit the PTO switch with the deck still laying directly on the cardboard with the 4 corner wheels still all the way up. At that point there was a shower of cardboard coming out of the chute. Thankfully, it was one big piece of cardboard and it just sucked it upwards and started cutting a circle with the center blade. At that point my underwear was full and the shop was covered with brown cardboard pieces. Not one of my brighter moments!!!

That's a good one!
    wentonbrown likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-06-2017 @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    I too have had good luck connecting and disconnecting on the floor of my shop. Lucky me me I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Will- 2013 1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM.
    USMC 1833
    1992-1996
    SEMPER FI!!!

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1025RGardner View Post
    Well I guess if the standard by which a knife is judged sharp is to cut a piece of paper than I don't see why cardboard would not be a good analog to test the sharpness of mower blades.
    Mech63s likes this.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-15-2016 @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks

Cool

Guys,

My 60D sets in the John Deere room directly on a VCT tile floor. The floor has even been waxed. I am able to drive over the deck and hook it up without dragging it forward provided the tractor is properly aligned. I suspect all dragging issues are associated with improper alignment and/or setup.
    Larry

"Good advice often goes unrecognized until it's too late."

1026R tractor, H120 loader, 60D mid-mount mower, JDiMatch, RB2060L rear blade with hydraulic angling, JD ballast box, 40" hydraulic core aerator, 38" dethatcher, home-made duo screen and several JD hats.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Guys,

My 60D sets in the John Deere room directly on a VCT tile floor. The floor has even been waxed. I am able to drive over the deck and hook it up without dragging it forward provided the tractor is properly aligned. I suspect all dragging issues are associated with improper alignment and/or setup.
    I agree. I have a smooth cement floor which is almost always very slick with sand, but have never had the deck try to slide on me. I can easily slide the deck forward with my hand but the tractor climbs right over no problem. Aside from improper adjustment/alignment, could problems be tire related? I have R4's and they climb fine. Do the people who have trouble have R3's?

Just a thought as this seems odd to me. Maybe someone who has a sliding deck could post a video of it sliding away so that we can see what is causing the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast