Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 1 series hood fitment..

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks

1 series hood fitment..

The fit of the hood on my new 1023 is a little out of whack.. When closed if you're facing the front of the tractor the left side sits lower than the right.. If If you're standing behind the tractor the left side has a bit of a gap and the right side is flush with the side panel.. Again.. Standing in front of the tractor, if you just pop the hood and let the catch pop up to the position it wants to go to on its own.. It pops up and moves about a half inch to the left.. If sitting in the seat it seems like the entire left side of the hood is higher than the right.. Is it adjustable or is this just the way it is with these fiberglass hoods.. Its not like when you look at it you'd say "damn what's wrong with your hood?!".. But it is noticeable enough.. Am I being to picky ?.. Just curious before I load it up and take it the dealer to have them tell me "they're all like that"..

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    I noticed a big gap in mine yesterday when looking from the side. Raised and lowered the hood several times and it went away.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FredHickory View Post
    I noticed a big gap in mine yesterday when looking from the side. Raised and lowered the hood several times and it went away.
    Wish I was getting off that easy Fred.. While playing around with it I've opened and closed the hood probably 50 times.. No change dang it..

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    I thought I saw a thread just a couple of weeks ago where someone else adjusted theirs. I am pushing 100 hours now and have not noticed my hood out of whack when closed. I do notice it rubs just a little on the counsel when I open and close it. I have not tried to adjust it though.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrapile View Post
    I thought I saw a thread just a couple of weeks ago where someone else adjusted theirs. I am pushing 100 hours now and have not noticed my hood out of whack when closed. I do notice it rubs just a little on the counsel when I open and close it. I have not tried to adjust it though.
    With any luck someone chimes in who knows the name of that thread.. If you saw what you think you saw that is!.. ha!.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    It was right there next to the space ship!
    rtgt likes this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Mines a little bit off as well. One side sits a little higher as you mentioned. I also saw that thread on hood adjustment and meant to save it but forgot.

Just tried to search for it and no luck. Maybe someone else will have better luck than me.

Jeff
    2013 1025R FILB w/ 60D MMM
    1973 140
    1974 140

10. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jphavener View Post
    Mines a little bit off as well. One side sits a little higher as you mentioned. I also saw that thread on hood adjustment and meant to save it but forgot.

Just tried to search for it and no luck. Maybe someone else will have better luck than me.

Jeff
    I came up with a few threads that may be relevant.

Hood cross member

1E and 1R solutions
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    I came up with a few threads that may be relevant.

Hood cross member

1E and 1R solutions
    The tractor is brand new so its already got that cross brace in it.. Its just the way it fits when closed.. It doesn't move or rattle or anything.. it just sits a little more cockeyed than I'd like.. I don't expect perfect automotive fit and finish on a machine like this, but with the 1 series being 3 years old I would think the hood would fit a little better than this.. I'm going to head over to a dealer near me today to inspect some units they have there and chat with one of the guys about it.. I'll let ya' know what they say..

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by golf12 View Post
    I don't expect perfect automotive fit and finish on a machine like this, but with the 1 series being 3 years old I would think the hood would fit a little better than this.. I'm going to head over to a dealer near me today to inspect some units they have there and chat with one of the guys about it.. I'll let ya' know what they say..
    Yeah, I had to remind myself of this too. Its a fiberglass hood that sits over removable engine side panels. There's a lot of tolerance in those parts and the way they fit that all add up. I haven't really looked at many other 1 series tractors so I've got no basis of comparison. I'll be curious to hear what you find out at the dealer.

Jeff
    2013 1025R FILB w/ 60D MMM
    1973 140
    1974 140

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast