1025r warranty work... is my dealer pulling one over on me?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 1025r warranty work... is my dealer pulling one over on me?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks

1025r warranty work... is my dealer pulling one over on me?

My understanding is that my 1025r purchased in 9/2014 came with a 3 year 2000 hour powertrain warranty and a 2 year 2000 hour bumper to bumper type warranty.

Back in May, well past the 2 year bumper to bumper I had a seal leaking on my front axle on the left side, my dealer repaired it zero questions asked under warranty.

Last week, I noticed my mid pto seal was leaking and took it to my dealer. Today I got a call today from a new service manager saying that "my tractor was finished" and that the mid pto seal isn't covered under the powertrain warranty. Reading the fine print of the warranty it stated transmission, case, housing internals ect... are all covered. It states that it does not include external drivelines.

Now giving it's location on my transmission, not replacing the pto seal would cause fluid to leak out of the rear end resulting in transmission damage if I'm not mistaken right? I understand not covering a physical external driveline, but the seal is a necessity to keep the transmission sealed up isn't it?

They are attempting to fight me on the coverage of this, not to mention I specifically stated that I DID NOT WANT work performed that was not covered under warranty. Any ideas before I go lose my mind on my dealers service department?
    Last edited by iceman7c; 08-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have an idea... Go over there and lose your mind at the service dept!

Sounds to me like your logic is valid if your dates are correct. I think some of the guys on here know who your next phone call should be made to. Certainly time to go over that guys head.
    HydroHarold, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Thanks
    Hi I saw that fine print in my warranty as well but I took it that external drive line would be like a pto shaft to the mmm or other implement so I think if you push the issue they might back down but be nice and cool for as long as possible please keep us updated thanks Heath
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    12-04-2018 @ 02:50 PM
    Thanks
    If the completed work that's not authorized they could have a mess on their hands. Then add in you specifically said not to perform work that wasn't covered under warranty. I think you'll be ok in this. Might not hurt to get the SM involved also

Brett
    BigJim55 and flyweight like this.
    2017 5100E CAB H260
    ---FRONTIER BB4296
    ---MX15
    ---MX8
    ---EA 72" GRAPPLE

2017 KUBOTA ZD1211R
    2017 KUBOTA RTV-X1100C
    4K winch, 2”lift, 27s

GONE AND FORGOTTEN
    2013 AND 2014 5055E CAB H240

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman7c View Post
    My understanding is that my 1025r purchased in 9/2014 came with a 3 year 2000 hour powertrain warranty and a 2 year 2000 hour bumper to bumper type warranty.

Back in May, well past the 2 year bumper to bumper I had a seal leaking on my front axle on the left side, my dealer repaired it zero questions asked under warranty.

Last week, I noticed my mid pto seal was leaking and took it to my dealer. Today I got a call today from a new service manager saying that "my tractor was finished" and that the mid pto seal isn't covered under the powertrain warranty. Reading the fine print of the warranty it stated transmission, case, housing internals ect... are all covered. It states that it does not include external drivelines.

Now giving it's location on my transmission, not replacing the pto seal would cause fluid to leak out of the rear end resulting in transmission damage if I'm not mistaken right? I understand not covering a physical external driveline, but the seal is a necessity to keep the transmission sealed up isn't it?

They are attempting to fight me on the coverage of this, not to mention I specifically stated that I DID NOT WANT work performed that was not covered under warranty. Any ideas before I go lose my mind on my dealers service department?
    Did he say Deere denied the warranty claim? The seal should be covered unless there was for instance something wrapped up in in.. Twine, rope, wire ect. Or any other physical damage. How much is the bill? If you told them they were not authorized to do any non warranty work, then I think yur covered. They should eat it and learn from their mistakes. Cool heads prevail.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Bubber, Levi, OxPath and 2 others like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    Iceman7c
    If you don't mind me asking, curious what dealer it is in upstate NY. Sounds like a run around and wondering if it is the dealer "chain" I am going to have to use for any warranty work I may need done on my used 2016 1025R.
    Sounds like you have them on this one sure hope it works out right for you!
    PJR832 likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,541 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wj80 View Post
    Iceman7c
    If you don't mind me asking, curious what dealer it is in upstate NY. Sounds like a run around and wondering if it is the dealer "chain" I am going to have to use for any warranty work I may need done on my used 2016 1025R.
    Sounds like you have them on this one sure hope it works out right for you!
    My dealer "chain" is Cazenovia Equipment, now I can only speak for one of their locations, but at my location their service manager is the best. He will do whatever is necessary to ensure the customer is taken care of in the best means possible. A different service manager at a different location could interpret things completely different.

my .02
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    03-10-2019 @ 04:44 PM
    Thanks
    2 years or 200 hours, whichever is first.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
    If the completed work that's not authorized they could have a mess on their hands. Then add in you specifically said not to perform work that wasn't covered under warranty. I think you'll be ok in this. Might not hurt to get the SM involved also
    Brett
    I'd have to agree with Brett. No work(non-warranty) should have been performed without your approval.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Michael

2019 JD Z540R 54" cutting deck w/MulchControl™
    1984 JD 750
    1971 JD 15 Chainsaw ← hasn't run since ~1975

Also have a bunch of other stuff.
    ---------------------------------------

" If there's no one around to smell me, do I really stink"? - John Wells - Brewster County, West Texas.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    PJR832
    Understood service manager to service manager can vary greatly but sometimes the DNA carries from one family owned branch to another. You are little further north than me I am closest to the Lindsey Equip family line of dealers just a different one from where the original owner purchased it from.
    Appreciate the feedback though.
    Last edited by Wj80; 08-30-2017 at 10:10 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast