• 1 Post By 1025RGardner
  • 2 Post By DRobinson

Thread: First Time Mowing with new 1025R/60" auto-connect deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks

First Time Mowing with new 1025R/60" auto-connect deck

Spent a hour and a half mowing today on the new 1025R with the 60" auto-connect deck and it did awesome. My old 445 with a 60" deck was good to me for 16 years, but this is a whole new ballgame. This thing rides so nice with the big cushy seat and armrests and the engine is silky smooth. I also noticed that when I turn corners, the deck seems to stay level. My old 445 would tilt the deck a little when you'd turn short and not cut even. This 1025R turns on a dime and the power steering is so effortless. After I was done I looked around and the yard looks as smooth as a golf coarse. And when I was mowing, I was thinking that this is the same tractor that a couple of months ago was blowing snow out of the 54" blower with ease, never running out of power or traction. Then, this summer, I can pop on the front loader and smooth the stone driveway and other stuff. It's like a tractor that can do just about anything you could want it to do. And on top of that, how easy all of the implements hook and unhook. My brother in law has a Kubota with a loader and then he bought a Simplicity tractor to mow with. I thought how nice to have just one tractor that can do a good job at both things. I think JD really hit a Home Run with these things. The only thing that I think would be better is if the deck could be smoother/quieter, especially at lower speeds. It sounds like a bunch of marbles in a blender. But, I LOVE this tractor!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1025RGardner For This Useful Post:

636mullet (04-25-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-24-2017 @ 01:59 PM
    Thanks
    Can you give a rough estimate of acres / hour?

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buckb View Post
    Can you give a rough estimate of acres / hour?
    It took me about 1 hour 15 minutes to do 2 acres. I was mowing at just a nice steady pace, so a person could do a lot more in that time if they really wanted to. I probably had the foot pedal no more than half way down in high range. I like going slower because my yard is not silky smooth and the deck don't bounce around so much. I'm sure you could probably mow at full speed if you wanted to because the engine is certainly not going to run out of power. The tone of the engine and the rpms's never changed even when the grass was longer.
    etcallhome likes this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 1025RGardner For This Useful Post:

buckb (04-24-2014)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Glad you're enjoying your new 1025r. You and about all the other members feel the same way with the new series 1.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

636mullet (04-25-2014)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Glad you're enjoying your new 1025r. You and about all the other members feel the same way with the new series 1.
    Thanks! I guess since I had not looked into a new tractor since I bought my 445 in 1998, I didn't have a clue how much things had changed and what all they made now! Probably another 16 years from now, we'll be saying, "Remember those old 1025R's?"
    etcallhome likes this.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1025RGardner View Post
    The only thing that I think would be better is if the deck could be smoother/quieter, especially at lower speeds. It sounds like a bunch of marbles in a blender. But, I LOVE this tractor!!!
    Put a set of headphones on with some good tunes and it will get much quieter... You'll also miss the call for lunch... yet might not care.

Your making me want to try out my own deck now!
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chex313 View Post
    Put a set of headphones on with some good tunes and it will get much quieter... You'll also miss the call for lunch... yet might not care.

Your making me want to try out my own deck now!
    Maybe when I mow I could sing along with that Joe Diffy country song "John Deere Green!! That would get the neighbors talking!!

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,318 Times in 1,441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1025RGardner View Post
    Maybe when I mow I could sing along with that Joe Diffy country song "John Deere Green!! That would get the neighbors talking!!
    Seat Time Master will drive them nuts also. Now that spring is here, we need to bring this up again for some of the new members.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ter-video.html

This is some great music.
    Kennyd and dieselshadow like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

14. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Seat Time Master will drive them nuts also. Now that spring is here, we need to bring this up again for some of the new members.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ter-video.html

This is some great music.
    Thanks for posting that. That is hilarious! My wife even thought it was funny!

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements