Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: Loader float postion?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Thanks

Loader float postion?

Hey guys.. I was out playing with my loader for the 1st time today.. What a cool toy!.. I mean tool.. My dealer forgot to give me a manual for my H120 loader so until I get it in the mail I'm flying blind as far as anything technical goes.. So I gotta ask.. What is the "float postion".. How do I engage it whatever it is?.. What is it for?..

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Float is when you push the control level all the way forward, you will feel it 'click' and the lever will stay there. The loader will drop down with gravity and stop once it hits the ground. If you are back dragging it helps for leveling dirt and stone. I use it after I have dumped material and the loader is up in the air. when I park my machine I usually put the loader in float, just something I have always done.

Good luck

Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    12-29-2018 @ 05:03 PM
    Thanks
    'Float' allows the loader to float over the ground when back dragging, only keeping it's weight on the ground. This position is also used in the winter with the snow blade and snow blower. Do not push the lever into float with a loaded bucket up in the air!

Mr. Moose
    1026R TLB Born on Nov 13, 2012; adopted Mar 6, 2013
    RC2048 Rotary Cutter, JD 47" Quick-Hitch Snowblower, JD 54" Quick-Hitch Blade, JD 3-pt Trailer Hitch, HLA Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch Plate, Superwinch S5000

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by golf12 View Post
    My dealer forgot to give me a manual for my H120 loader so until I get it in the mail I'm flying blind as far as anything technical goes..
    Here is the manual: OMW54640

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 200CX loader on a Deere 2305 the float position on it is past the down position. It makes a click sound, lower the bucket all the way to the ground when the front wheels start to come up push the joy stick more forward.
    Once you know how to use it you can have the bucket in the air and just go right to the float position. works good for working in gravel drive ways.

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Terraking TKV20 Material Collection System

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 PM
    Thanks
    Perfect.. Thanks fella's.. And a follow up thanks to you W9GF0!, for offering up the manual to take a look at while I wait for mine to arrive.. I've had this thing for a week now and have just lowered the bucket till it contacted the floor in my shop and that's how I've been storing it.. Is there any right or wrong way to do it when you put it away at night?..

9. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Lowering all of your implements to include your loader, 3PH, and mower if installed will not only relive strain on your tractor, but prevent any possible accidents. Imagine having a loaded ballast box land on someone's foot because a lever got bumped.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Hydraulically, "float" disconnects the down pressure in the FEL arm cylinders. This is also how to properely plow snow (if you're not cutting packed snow off pavement) and with a blade. After dumping a load of material, move forward, lower FEL and click the lever forward into "float". Using L/R lever bucket "curl" control begin backing up and watch the material coming out under the bucket cutting edge. By adjusting the curl you can allow more or less material to be levelled (or spread). With some sticky/heavy materials float is not useful as down pressure and constant bucket angle may be needed to keep bucket from rising over the dumped material. You have to play with it to understand when to and when not to float. Float is useless moving forward for digging in most cases...

Try it, it's easy and handy for quick and easy levelling depth control.
    Ultrapile and mrnick like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-07-2019 @ 08:31 PM
    Thanks

Using float for "light" work

Working on the back 2 acres, mostly wooded. Cleaning up leaves along the fence line is a breeze with the loader bucket in "float" mode. It glides across the terrain and "leaves" nary a leaf behind. (No pun intended) Of course, it helps to have a strapping 16-year-old grandson to man the rake.
    He does that for other consideration --$$$ for his ATV, $$$ for his wave runner and just plain $$$. Always works!
    JD 1026R w/H120 Loader, iMatch, Frontier RC2048 rotary cutter,Frontier BB2048 Box Blade, BW15073 Ballast Box, 54" front mounted snow blower.
    JD X310 w/ 42" mower, hydraulic lift, power steering, and rear bagging system
    JD 180 w/46" mower "The Beast"

"Time is luck, and no one owns the future. Go buy that tractor today!"

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements