670 4wd

Thread: 670 4wd

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-01-2014 @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks

670 4wd

I recently purchased a used 670 4wd with 2800 hours. First time owner long time wanter. Tractor runs good except the brake light on dash flashes and it seems the clutch may be worn because I can't engage belly mower without some grinding even with pedal to floor and throttled back. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Sorry to be the new guy who just ask stupid questions oh yeah how much do you think it's worth I'm sure I overpaid but it was an impulse buy. I have around 6500.00 in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    I cant comment on the prices.. I just work on em! That being said... The brake light flashing is more than likely a bad parking brake switch. Should be under right floor board, follow the brake pedal linkage, will likely have a spring on the switch that is broken or the switch itself is broken or bad. Not that expensive, still available and an easy fix.
    The clutch is another matter. How is the "drive" side of the clutch? Does the pedal have freeplay? You should be able to push it down by hand about an inch or so before resistance is felt. Any trouble going into gear? When you let off the pedal to go, where does it engage at? Bottom, middle or almost at the top? A good investment, if yur handy with a wrench, would be the service manual from Deere. You maybe able to find one on ebay. I believe it has a 2 stage clutch. One disk for the traction side and one for the PTO. Very expensive from Deere but there are some after market rebuilders out there that can beat dealer prices.
    Oh.. and before anyone asks... "GOT PICS"? LOL!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,091 Posts

I'll second pretty much what xcopterdoc said, you may get lucky and the clutch just needs to be adjusted some It's a long shot, but hey...

What part of TN are you from?
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,993 Times in 2,950 Posts
    I too agree with xcopterdoc about the PTO clutch issue. The dual stage clutch, continuous live PTO section is probably stuck. The last time I saw this it was not a cheap date to fix.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements