1025R Mow Height

Thread: 1025R Mow Height

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-04-2014 @ 06:30 PM
    Thanks

1025R Mow Height

Hey

New to the forums so I apologize if this has been discussed before (if that's the case please just direct me there!)

Got a 1025R with 60 inch deck and FEL. This is my first SCUT (upgraded from a push mower actually due to purchasing some land). This thing is an absolute joy to mow with.

So far I've only had one problem. I am mowing on maybe the 2nd to 3rd highest setting and I still feel like the cut is pretty short. It makes me think if I actually put the thing on Medium I'd have "Putting Green" grass and anything lower than that would literally cut the grass off completely and leave me with a beautiful dirt field. Even just mowing once a week I'm leaving enough grass clippings that I'm concerned about it covering the grass and killing it off.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've reached out to the store where I purchased but haven't heard back from them yet so I thought I'd try here. The positive reviews I read on this and other sites of the 1025 convinced me to go with it, and I have not regretted it at all yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum. You may want to check that the deck is setup correctly, you can check out a how to here.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 06:00 AM
    Thanks
    With my tires filled to their max I am able to get a little better than 4" of cut height in the highest setting (not in the lock setting).
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    Mine seems to cut lower than I THINK it says. I have been on HIGH but it's still pretty short in my opinion. I am going to play with settings between HIGH and LOCK to see where that puts me.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-03-2016 @ 09:54 AM
    Thanks

Cut height

It's all relative to how the dealer/previous owner set it up. I checked my 60D the other day for the first time after mowing a couple times. With the height selector on "H" my mower is cutting at 3 3/4". If I put it on the "lock" (all the way up) position it is 4" plus.

I live on 4 acres with trees that tend to give me dense and not so dense grass. I usually try to mow at 3" by summer.

I recommend you get a John Deere height gauge to verify your mower and learn how to adjust it. One setting I tend to forget about is the equalization of the tire pressures. One other variable is weights. The weights can adjust the setting of the tractor.

I upgraded from a 455 with the 60" deck and I will tell you this deck and tractor mow much better than the old unit. It even turns sharper. I love mine!!

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements