1026R value...looking at one and need some info.

Thread: 1026R value...looking at one and need some info.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-15-2018 @ 03:55 PM
    Thanks

1026R value...looking at one and need some info.

Local dealer has a 2012 1026r with 114 hours, H120 loader and 60" auto connect deck. They're asking $13,250...it was supposed to be $15,250 but when they entered the price online they messed it up, since i called on it they will honor the $13,250 price. The original owner got sick of having it there for a rock shaft issue and traded it in on a bigger unit.

Is this a good price for 1026r with the above attachments...it has a the bigger brush guard and tool box on it too?

I've read quite a few horror stories about the rock shaft breaking and MMM not cutting good due to the rock shaft. The service guy said John Deere has came out with a beefed up rock shaft and its supposed to fix the problem. Has anyone heard about it?

This is will my first purchase in the SCUT market so Its all new to me. The mower looks brand new, doesn't look like the deck got used at all, only the loader.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    I've only heard of one 1 series tractor with a rockshaft failure issue, and it was water in the hydraulic fluid. That issue was covered by a PIP by JD a few years ago. As long as the hydraulic fluid is clean and clear, and the tractor is working ok, I'd say you have a pretty good deal on your hands. I assume they did fix all of the issues the tractor had? Will they offer you a warranty to help give you peace of mind? (I would expect to pay for a warranty, but you can ask.)
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, everything is fixed as of now and they offered a one year warranty for $400.

Thanks for the reply.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Is try to get them to throw in the warranty and go for it.....
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    They said they cant because the $13,250 is what they have in it. They were going to put it in an auction before I called about it. Owner said he would honor the price since I called about it before it went to auction.

Ill try to sway them on it tomorrow since they're wanting to get rid of it...fast nickel is better than a slow dime.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navistar82 View Post
    They said they cant because the $13,250 is what they have in it. They were going to put it in an auction before I called about it. Owner said he would honor the price since I called about it before it went to auction.

Ill try to sway them on it tomorrow since they're wanting to get rid of it...fast nickel is better than a slow dime.
    I agree but there are dealers that no way would make that fast nickel because they want the big bucks !! Then they wonder why they went out of business after a yr or two.
    I know a business has to make so much % to run the sale through the books.
    I bought my first 2210 about the same deal you found yours. The sales manager showed me the ad that would run the next day at 755pm the night before. Next morning he called me and one other fellow asked if we wanted to buy the tractor , could not call him back with answer, either yes or no. The dealer ran a 2 or 3 yr old ad and they forgot to tell the newspaper folks to raise the price by a 1000 instead of lowering it a 1000.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements