Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How low should the 3 point go

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 12:05 AM
    Thanks

How low should the 3 point go

I believe I read on here a similar thread, but cant find it now...

How low should the 3 point arms go? Here is a shot with me using a middle buster with the arms at the lowest setting....

JD 1023E
    KK XB Tiller, XB subsoiler

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    That looks about right. It is said that the lift arms are reversible, that the center hole for the lift rods is slightly off center. In one direction the lift arms will having a great swing arc, will go higher and lower and mounted in the opposite direction will be able to lift more weight (but not go as low or high)
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    I have a different tractor but when I got it the arms would not go down far enough to even connect to three point attachments. I had to let them out. Then again mine screw in and out as needed. This did not surprise me since the hay forks cam assembled with the forks pointing the wrong direction. I can't tell from your picture if your lift arms are adjustable or not.
    Don't squat with your spurs on!
    JD 5065E, JD 737 Z-Turn, Can Am XT1000, Massey 271, Massey 451, Vermeer Baler, Various other tools.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    I'm thinking mine would only go down to about 6-8" off the ground. Reversed the lift arms end for end and now about 3-4 " off the ground.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5
    snr

Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks

Exclamation 3PT Hitch too low

Maybe this would be a good thread to ask this question. I just got my 1025R yesterday. I was able to mow with it last night but one thing I didn't expect is that when I wanted to lower the deck the 3PT hitch with the iMatch just nearly sat on the ground. It was so close that if I did any backing up even a slight grade I am sure it would dig into the dirt. I had my deck set to almost the highest cut setting it would go because my grass was high and I wanted to leave it about 4 inches high. The only way I could figure out how to mow without the iMatch dragging the ground would be to set a limit on hydraulic lever with the stop after I was sure the deck was down as far as it was set for. This worked but I was wondering if the deck would float right without the lever being all the way pushed forward. Hope I am making sense.

Does anyone know of another way short of removing the iMatch and my Heavy Hitch?

Thank you,

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,505 Times in 1,614 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snr View Post
    Maybe this would be a good thread to ask this question. I just got my 1025R yesterday. I was able to mow with it last night but one thing I didn't expect is that when I wanted to lower the deck the 3PT hitch with the iMatch just nearly sat on the ground. It was so close that if I did any backing up even a slight grade I am sure it would dig into the dirt. I had my deck set to almost the highest cut setting it would go because my grass was high and I wanted to leave it about 4 inches high. The only way I could figure out how to mow without the iMatch dragging the ground would be to set a limit on hydraulic lever with the stop after I was sure the deck was down as far as it was set for. This worked but I was wondering if the deck would float right without the lever being all the way pushed forward. Hope I am making sense.

Does anyone know of another way short of removing the iMatch and my Heavy Hitch?

Thank you,
    Congrats on getting your new 1025r . You did the right thing to keep the Imatch from going all the way down. Before getting the hyd lift instead of the mechanical lift on my first 2210 , other users suggested putting a length of chain around the 3 pt lift arm at the height needed with mower deck on the ground. That's one reason I like the hyd lift plus you use the fel loader to control your mower instead of the 3pt handle.
    Yes sometimes pain in the _ _ _ to connect and disconnect but for me a lot nicer.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

snr (05-09-2014)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Thanks
    I can't check now but I am pretty sure that mine go down a few inches further than that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to W9GFO For This Useful Post:

snr (05-09-2014)

12. Top | #8
    snr

Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 08:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Congrats on getting your new 1025r . You did the right thing to keep the Imatch from going all the way down. Before getting the hyd lift instead of the mechanical lift on my first 2210 , other users suggested putting a length of chain around the 3 pt lift arm at the height needed with mower deck on the ground. That's one reason I like the hyd lift plus you use the fel loader to control your mower instead of the 3pt handle.
    Yes sometimes pain in the _ _ _ to connect and disconnect but for me a lot nicer.
    Im kind of confused about the mechanical lift vs the hyd lift. I thought it was always raised and lowered with the hydraulics? Could the lift arms be installed wrong? Thanks for your help.

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Im kind of confused about the mechanical lift vs the hyd lift. I thought it was always raised and lowered with the hydraulics? Could the lift arms be installed wrong? Thanks for your help.
    Mechanical lift refers to the method of lifting the mower deck - it is a linkage connected to the 3pt lift arm. Hydraulic lift is an additional hydraulic cylinder whose only purpose is to lift the mower deck.
    dieselshadow likes this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to W9GFO For This Useful Post:

snr (05-10-2014)

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    The only way I could figure out how to mow without the iMatch dragging the ground would be to set a limit on hydraulic lever with the stop after I was sure the deck was down as far as it was set for. This worked but I was wondering if the deck would float right without the lever being all the way pushed forward. Hope I am making sense.

Thank you,
    I have mowed twice now, both times with the iMatch. The height adjustment knob limits how low the deck can go, if the deck is resting on that adjustment then all is good. There will be nothing to prevent the deck from moving upwards/floating. My yard is pretty rough so I mow almost at the highest setting. I set the 3pt limiter about half way and that allows the deck to lower enough while keeping the iMatch well off the ground.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to W9GFO For This Useful Post:

snr (05-10-2014)

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast