Green Tractor Talk banner

How low should the 3 point go

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  W9GFO 
#1 ·
I believe I read on here a similar thread, but cant find it now...

How low should the 3 point arms go? Here is a shot with me using a middle buster with the arms at the lowest setting....

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks about right. It is said that the lift arms are reversible, that the center hole for the lift rods is slightly off center. In one direction the lift arms will having a great swing arc, will go higher and lower and mounted in the opposite direction will be able to lift more weight (but not go as low or high)

#3 ·
I have a different tractor but when I got it the arms would not go down far enough to even connect to three point attachments. I had to let them out. Then again mine screw in and out as needed. This did not surprise me since the hay forks cam assembled with the forks pointing the wrong direction. I can't tell from your picture if your lift arms are adjustable or not.

#4 ·
I'm thinking mine would only go down to about 6-8" off the ground. Reversed the lift arms end for end and now about 3-4 " off the ground.

#5 ·
3PT Hitch too low

Maybe this would be a good thread to ask this question. I just got my 1025R yesterday. I was able to mow with it last night but one thing I didn't expect is that when I wanted to lower the deck the 3PT hitch with the iMatch just nearly sat on the ground. It was so close that if I did any backing up even a slight grade I am sure it would dig into the dirt. I had my deck set to almost the highest cut setting it would go because my grass was high and I wanted to leave it about 4 inches high. The only way I could figure out how to mow without the iMatch dragging the ground would be to set a limit on hydraulic lever with the stop after I was sure the deck was down as far as it was set for. This worked but I was wondering if the deck would float right without the lever being all the way pushed forward. Hope I am making sense.

Does anyone know of another way short of removing the iMatch and my Heavy Hitch? :unknown:

Thank you,

#6 ·
Maybe this would be a good thread to ask this question. I just got my 1025R yesterday. I was able to mow with it last night but one thing I didn't expect is that when I wanted to lower the deck the 3PT hitch with the iMatch just nearly sat on the ground. It was so close that if I did any backing up even a slight grade I am sure it would dig into the dirt. I had my deck set to almost the highest cut setting it would go because my grass was high and I wanted to leave it about 4 inches high. The only way I could figure out how to mow without the iMatch dragging the ground would be to set a limit on hydraulic lever with the stop after I was sure the deck was down as far as it was set for. This worked but I was wondering if the deck would float right without the lever being all the way pushed forward. Hope I am making sense.

Does anyone know of another way short of removing the iMatch and my Heavy Hitch? :unknown:

Thank you,
Congrats on getting your new 1025r . You did the right thing to keep the Imatch from going all the way down. Before getting the hyd lift instead of the mechanical lift on my first 2210 , other users suggested putting a length of chain around the 3 pt lift arm at the height needed with mower deck on the ground. That's one reason I like the hyd lift plus you use the fel loader to control your mower instead of the 3pt handle.
Yes sometimes pain in the _ _ _ to connect and disconnect but for me a lot nicer.

Reactions: snr
#7 ·
I can't check now but I am pretty sure that mine go down a few inches further than that.

#13 ·
I adjust the max/min height by adjusting the rod shown in this picture:

Auto part Tire Pipe Vehicle Suspension

This is located on the right side just below the rockshaft lever, you have to remove one small access panel. There is a maximum height before the relief valve kicks in so it should be adjusted to just below that point so the relief valve isn't activated. If you want the arms to drop further then adjust it the other direction but then the arms might not lift high enough. I play with this adjustment depending on the attachment, for example the landscape rake I bought is not particularly friendly to the Cat. 1 Limited 3PH so I have to tweek it up the max height to allow the rake to lift a little higher to clear the material I am raking. But some attachments need the arms to drop further to get hooked up.

There are instructions in the Tech Manual about this but I can't seem to copy the page to here.

#15 ·
I am content with the mechanical lift. Just as mowing with the FEL installed is uncommon, also uncommon is mowing with a 3pt implement - but no hoses to connect.

Question: Where is the hose stored for the hydraulic lift when the mower deck is off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.