Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: It's karma I tell ya

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Thanks

It's karma I tell ya

Spent Saturday morning at the JD dealer with the family for their Drive Green event. All four of us got to try out the two tractors that we have been trying to decide between. I took the 2032r for a spin first and really liked it. My wife drove it after me and both of us had the same conslusion. Great tractor, but going to be to big for us size wise and price wise. While I parked the 2032r back in it's spot, the dealer fired up a 1025r with FEL for my wife. She fell in love. This is nice she says. I like this one. I drove it after her and I had to agree. About the perfect size for where I need to use it and the price point is much better. My daughter drove it after me and I had to drag her off so my son to take it for a spin. So we decided that once the van is paid off in July we divert the payments to a 1025r.

Now the karma part... On Sunday it was beautiful out so got the Yard Man push mower, Toro self propelled mower, front tine tiller, and Toro lawn tractor out. Sharpened all the blades, made sure all the oil levels were good, air filters good. Had my wife mow the one area with the tractor and the left side is 1/4" shorter than the right. Tried to level it but found that the left blade was bent. Started up the Yard Man and it worked perfect. Started up the Toro walk behind and went to engage the blade. The blade cable broke instantly. Tried the tiller and it worked great in the first garden. With three feet left to go, the tines stopped. Lift the tiller and they spin again. Hmmm. Pulled the tiller out of the garden and checked that the belt was on, it was. Started it up and engaged tines again. This time it killed the engine immediately and I can't turn the tines by hand. Gearbox that runs the tines siezed up. Ouch. Repair costs more than I paid for tiller.

My wife's response to my troubles? See, they know they are going to replaced in a few months and decided to just quit now. Hopefully I get the new blades for the tractor this week and the Toro walk behind is repaired quick. Otherwise on my day off I'll be mowing 1.7 acres with a 21" push mower. Man I can't wait until August!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    That's funny, just recently paid off my wife's car and my just ordered 1025R is replacing that payment as well (It's actually $1.30 cheaper per month)

I'm nervous as hell right now using my JD180 (even though I've rebuilt darn near everything already) as I expect it to be pissed at me and crap out as I'm trying to sell it.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Sounds like......well, good news for ya cheesetrain. How long have you been wanting a tractor?
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    Cheesetrain, you may want to consider the fact that the implement bonus of $1250 on the 1025R ends June 2nd (it increased from $500 to $1250 April 1, good through June 2, 2014). I don't know what it will be replaced with, but if I recall correctly it went down for summer last year ($1000 to $750?), and then further down in the fall ($750 to $500).

You may not want to wait until July/August. Your tools may be sending you a sign to make the jump now.

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post
    Cheesetrain, you may want to consider the fact that the implement bonus of $1250 on the 1025R ends June 2nd (it increased from $500 to $1250 April 1, good through June 2, 2014). I don't know what it will be replaced with, but if I recall correctly it went down for summer last year ($1000 to $750?), and then further down in the fall ($750 to $500).

You may not want to wait until July/August. Your tools may be sending you a sign to make the jump now.
    I don't ever recall seeing rebates as high as they are right now. Usually its about $500.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    cheesetrain, Careful, these guys are relentless at spending someone else's money.
    I'd say go for it.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post

You are correct there. Unfortunately just can't make the payments work until August. Believe me I tried to talk them into no payments until August, but no luck. May work on them some more this Friday when I'm renting a tiller from them since mine croaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Sounds like......well, good news for ya cheesetrain. How long have you been wanting a tractor?
    Since January 2011 when I signed up on GTT. Still have to wait until August but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Gizmo2 and dieselshadow like this.
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    Imatch Quick Hitch

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    cheesetrain, Careful, these guys are relentless at spending someone else's money.
    I'd say go for it.
    Believe me that's one of the first things I learned on GTT.....

Imatch Quick Hitch

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Did get a $500 dollar off coupon good until December however

Imatch Quick Hitch

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast