Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ultrapile

Thread: 1026r Tool Box issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-17-2019 @ 02:51 AM
    Thanks

1026r Tool Box issue

I had a 260 backhoe installed and have the brush guards on over the lights on the ROPS. Now the tool box is unusable. Has anyone come up with a fix for this? I did a search on the forum with no luck.

I am looking at the possibility of re-fabrication of the mount so it pivots and locks with a pin. I am still in thinking mode on this one.

The backhoe works great!

Dennis

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Thanks

1026r Tool Box issue

I looked at my dealer this past weekend and they have 1025r TLB models that have the toolbox on them. The toolbox has a different bracket that turns the box 90 degrees and moves it to the right side of ROPS. Right side of tractor when viewed from the back. May want to ask dealer if they forgot something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 05-06-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,613 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    I looked at my dealer this past weekend and they have 1025r TLB models that have the toolbox on them. The toolbox has a different bracket that turns the box 90 degrees and moves it to the right side of ROPS. Right side of tractor when viewed from the back. May want to ask dealer if they forgot something.

Mine came setup like the one at dealer.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks, I will check it out.

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    I believe the toolbox relocation bracket should be part of the backhoe package.
    etcallhome and sterling40man like this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 06:48 PM
    Thanks

I want my toolbox back.

Post #8 explains what I did to correct the toolbox dilemma.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tallation.html
    Just call me Jon, not Myasis Dragon (Hint: My a** is draggin') 2013 1025r FILB (Factory installed loader & Backhoe - 260 & H120), 60D mower w/electric over hydraulic (independent) lift, R4 tires, psrumor's seat springs, Kenny D's bolt-on hooks, bxpanded piranha tooth bar on a 49" bucket and a 61" bucket for snow and light material, County Line post hole digger, County Line landscape rake, counterfeit JD box scraper, homemade 4' x 8' farm wagon, Fimco 30 gallon 3ph sprayer.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I checked with the dealer and I got the right bracket. So looked it over and decided to make the box swivel on the existing mounting bracket. The box now swivels from the new position to the old one with the Backhoe installed. When not in use it is stored in the old position on the side out of the way. For me it is better than not having a tool box at all. My dealer is also interested in it.

Items needed; 1 pc. 3/16"x3"x10.5" steel, 2 pc. 3/16"x3"x2.5" Steel, 1-3/8"x1 1/2" bolt, 2- 3/8" Fender washers and a 3/8" Aviation nut.

I found the best swing point on the new mounting bracket so the box would open enough to get things in and out and also miss the raised backhoe foot.

Drilled a 3/8" hole in the center of the toolbox.

Drilled a 3/8" hole (Centered) and 3 3/8" from the rear of the tractor mounting bracket.

Drilled 3- 3/8" holes in the plate mated up to the bottom of the toolbox.

Placed the 2- 3/16"x3"x2.5" spacer plates on top of each other and welded them together. Found the center and drilled a 3/8" hole in the both of them.

Note:When mounting the toolbox to the new plate with the two outside bolts, have the bolt head going up from the bottom so that the nut is on the inside of the box.

Put the spacer between the toolbox and the tractor mounting plate, add the bolt, Fender washers and nut and you are off.

Satin black paint and it looks factory installed.

As for pics I will try when the sun comes out.

Dennis

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    I checked with the dealer and I got the right bracket. So looked it over and decided to make the box swivel on the existing mounting bracket. The box now swivels from the new position to the old one with the Backhoe installed. When not in use it is stored in the old position on the side out of the way. For me it is better than not having a tool box at all. My dealer is also interested in it.

Items needed; 1 pc. 3/16"x3"x10.5" steel, 2 pc. 3/16"x3"x2.5" Steel, 1-3/8"x1 1/2" bolt, 2- 3/8" Fender washers and a 3/8" Aviation nut.

I found the best swing point on the new mounting bracket so the box would open enough to get things in and out and also miss the raised backhoe foot.

Drilled a 3/8" hole in the center of the toolbox.

Drilled a 3/8" hole (Centered) and 3 3/8" from the rear of the tractor mounting bracket.

Drilled 3- 3/8" holes in the plate mated up to the bottom of the toolbox.

Placed the 2- 3/16"x3"x2.5" spacer plates on top of each other and welded them together. Found the center and drilled a 3/8" hole in the both of them.

Note:When mounting the toolbox to the new plate with the two outside bolts, have the bolt head going up from the bottom so that the nut is on the inside of the box.

Put the spacer between the toolbox and the tractor mounting plate, add the bolt, Fender washers and nut and you are off.

Satin black paint and it looks factory installed.

Dennis
    Nice mod!

But.... "As for pics I will try when the sun comes out."

A FLASH CAMERA, Man, a flash camera!

They sell every other good thing on this site so why not a "Photography Dealer"?
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements