Smaller Fertilizer Spreaders: Any Experience with Frontier SS1023B?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Smaller Fertilizer Spreaders: Any Experience with Frontier SS1023B?

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts

    Smaller Fertilizer Spreaders: Any Experience with Frontier SS1023B?

    Am waiting on delivery of the 1026R... am considering ordering a fertilizer broadcast spreader to use with it... PTO driven, Cat 0 and 1, 226# hopper.

    Anyone had any experience with the Frontier SS1023B? Accuracy? Easy to calibrate? General quality?

    Perhaps other broadcast spreaders out there that would also work? I see Northern Tool sells a couple of different kinds; LandPride also has them, but these are quite large. The Frontier 1023B appears to be about the right size for the 1026R, and for my acreage needs.

    Experiences?

    Thanks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,363
    Thanks
    5,038
    Thanked 4,071 Times in 2,537 Posts
    Here is a recent thread on them: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...highlight=herd

    My preference is for the Herd M96.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  4. Top | #3
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Gary,
    I have the SS2036B and really like it. I use it on my 2305 to cover about four acres of lawn. I like the plastic and the stainless steel for corrosion pertection. The accuracy, control, and quality of the unit are excellant. The only complaint I have is that the one mounting pin position is a little off from side to side in hieght. I have to compensate with the lift arm adjustment to get is level. I have plans to fix this, but that is another topic. Otherwise a very good unit.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Gary,
    I have the SS2036B and really like it. I use it on my 2305 to cover about four acres of lawn. I like the plastic and the stainless steel for corrosion pertection. The accuracy, control, and quality of the unit are excellant. The only complaint I have is that the one mounting pin position is a little off from side to side in hieght. I have to compensate with the lift arm adjustment to get is level. I have plans to fix this, but that is another topic. Otherwise a very good unit.
    Randy, thanks. (ignore my post on the other forum... I went there before I read this)... Did order the the SS1023B today... feeling good in light of your comment about "accuracy, control and quality...".. hopefully this will also be the case for the 1023B. May have to figure out a way to "iMatch" it, though, as iMatch is not available for this one.

  7. Top | #5
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    I don't have an Imatch, but do have a quick hitch and had the same problem. I had to make a couple of pins and an upper bracket for mine. I am not completely happy with it and have ideas on making it better. What I do have does work for now. It is pretty simple, it you're interested I could get you some photos of what I did. My fix won't quite work for you as my quick hitch has an adjustable top hook and I remove it and install my own bracket. My upgrade would include making it so I don't have to remove the upper hook. It is on my list of things to do.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 08:44 AM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    166
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    I don't have an Imatch, but do have a quick hitch and had the same problem. I had to make a couple of pins and an upper bracket for mine. I am not completely happy with it and have ideas on making it better. What I do have does work for now. It is pretty simple, it you're interested I could get you some photos of what I did. My fix won't quite work for you as my quick hitch has an adjustable top hook and I remove it and install my own bracket. My upgrade would include making it so I don't have to remove the upper hook. It is on my list of things to do.
    Would like to take you up on the offer... to see some photos. No rush, though, as I will not have the equipment for a month or so... everything on order! Appreciating your help...
    Gary

  9. Top | #7
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Gary,

    Sorry for the delay. Here is what I have now. It works, but needs some refinement. I made oversize lower pins that just slip on with clamp collars as lateral retainers. The upper bracket mounts in to the quick hitch where the hook would be. You will also notice that the gate lever and stops are a close fit to the hitch. I really want to improve this so I don't have to remove the hook. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spreader.JPG   Spreader Mounted Bracket.JPG   Spreader Mounted 1.JPG   Spreader Mounted Pin.JPG  
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    11-30-2013 @ 07:29 PM
    Location
    Chester Grant, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    747
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
    Randy, is that Cosmo from TSC (and other dealers) by any chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Gary,

    Sorry for the delay. Here is what I have now. It works, but needs some refinement. I made oversize lower pins that just slip on with clamp collars as lateral retainers. The upper bracket mounts in to the quick hitch where the hook would be. You will also notice that the gate lever and stops are a close fit to the hitch. I really want to improve this so I don't have to remove the hook. Hope this helps.

  11. Top | #9
    RandyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Location
    Stoughton, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,594
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dellwas View Post
    Randy, is that Cosmo from TSC (and other dealers) by any chance?
    Sorry George, cosmo? You will need to provide the slow guy here with more detail.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

    2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

    The more I learn, the less I know.

  12. Top | #10
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,363
    Thanks
    5,038
    Thanked 4,071 Times in 2,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    Sorry George, cosmo? You will need to provide the slow guy here with more detail.
    Cosmo is a brand name of spreaders (Made in Italy) that TSC sells.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Liquid Lawn Fertilizer, Does Anyone Use It?
    By RandyM in forum Implements & Attachments
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 08:42 PM
  2. Experience with HandiHitch for 1026R sized tractor? (iMatch version)
    By mustangary in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM
  3. Media Library - Filling planter with fertilizer
    By PopRockNock in forum Media Library
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
  4. anybody have experience with the 45 loader
    By rotax14 in forum Lawn & Garden Tractors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
  5. Solar? Any have experience?
    By FordGuy in forum Home & Workshop Projects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •