Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 1025r mower deck adjustment

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-26-2015 @ 03:02 PM
    Thanks

1025r mower deck adjustment

Like a number of posters my 1025r maximum cutting height seems low, lower than my old JD185, for example.

I note that when the deck is raised fully (either in rear PTO only or mid and rear PTO settings):
    1) the mower deck height selection knob does not turn completely counter clockwise to "H"
    2) the selection knob does not turn to "Lock"
    3) the selection knob moves normally between "Install" and just shy of "H"
    4) the mower height cam positions reflect the above 3 points - free rotation but only between "Install" and near "H". The "Lock" position is prevented because the rock shaft arm does not lower enough to allow the cam to rotate into the lock position, nor into the maximum deck height positions. This is true even if I detach the lift links from the mower deck so there should be no load on the rockshaft arm.

Any ideas why the rockshaft arm won't rotate sufficiently to allow full rotation of the height adjustment knob to "H" or "Lock" positions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 2,589 Posts
    What kind of lift do you have, mechanical (raises and lowers with the 3PH) or hydraulic/independent (uses the loader joystick)?

Have you read the 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread located at the very top of this forum? It's very handy with descriptions and pictures.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    This is a new machine with a mechanical lift (3PH).

Yes, I have read the very helpful 1 series mower setup and adjustment article. I will reread it though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    It's a new 1025r with mechanical lift.

Yes I have read the helpful 1 series mower setup and adjustment article. I didn't see an answer to this issue but I'll look st it again.

(This may be a repost - I posted a response yesterday afternoon but it never showed up)

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-18-2017 @ 09:02 AM
    Thanks
    Dracunculus - for my own curiosity, when was your 1025 manufactured? I've got a similar issue. I’ve had my 1025 about a month now.

I've read and done all the adjustments and my knob still won’t turn fully clockwise to the lock position. It does lock. The cam underneath is where it should be. But the knob readings at the fully raised position will not rotate all the way to the lock icon. I think it's a manufacturers issue with the knob. I was, however, able to get the deck height where I wanted it - it just does not match the knob height indicator.
    1025R FILB - And lots of other goodies. Support our GTT American small business vendors! Great products at fair prices.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    John, I don't have access to the serial number or manufacture date right now.

It sounds like your height adjustment works ok but there is a mismatch between what the knob says and what is actually selected. Is that correct?

My problem, on the other hand, is that certain height positions cannot be selected at all - "Lock", maximum height - but the positions which CAN be selected - "Install", other non maximal heights - match the knob setting.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, so far I've found that there was some mis-assembly of parts on the 1025R that may have been relevant:

1 - The lift arm was not secured to the rockshaft - the snap ring was misplaced so the lift arm wobbled on teh end of the rockshaft
    2 - The lift arm was not secured to the lift strap - spacer, washer and nut were LEFT OFF THE MACHINE
    3 - The lift strap was positioned backwards - narrow slot to the back of the machine. This is probably why the spacer, washer and nut were left off - the spacer wont fit in the narrow slot, only in the wide slot.

Since this is a new machine the local JD dealer (who assembled these parts) is going to fix these problems and go over it to check for any other issues.

I am not happy so far, though!
    dieselshadow likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    03-04-2015 @ 07:01 PM
    Thanks
    Did you take pictures of the locations where these problems were?

I seem to be having a very similar issue and would like to try to fix it.

Thanks

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    I had the same issue until today ! I followed the advice of a poster here and got mine adjusted to where I can put it in lock position . I had to remove the deck and the left rear tire to get access to the link that connects to the rockshaft . After removing the pins from the draft arms and raising the 3ph all the way up , I used a 16mm wrench to loosen the 3 cap screws that hold the two links together and adjusted them to where I had about a 1/8" gap between the lever and the cam while it is in the lock position . I took a couple of tries but I finally got it . I hope this helps and I know there is a post with pics here but I can't remember where it is . Good Luck

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-07-2017 @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks

Deck Problems Corrected?

I just received a 1025R MMM 60" with mulch kit on Thursday. On delivery I was advised that the position where the mower height adjustment knob was set (just shy of H) and the wheels were set for 3"; near the height I have been mowing with my 325. I proceeded to mow. After being advised by the dealer that the cut should be better than my 325, I was devastated. Our yard had uneven cuts, scalping, and accumulation of cut grass on the lawn that we did not see with the 325. I went in the house and told my wife it looked like I had made a big mistake. She looked at the yard and agreed. Asked if I was going to return it. I now know there are problems with the deck. It cuts lower than the 3" at the H setting and the mower height adjustment knob cannot be turned further toward lock. The position of the deck wheels was incorrect; they were about 1.5" above the ground. The deck is level side to side at the M setting (blade level 1 3/4" on both left and right), but not at fully raised position (right side is 3 7/8" and left side 2 5/8") or at H (readings have been inconsistent (3" vs 2.5" and 3 7/8" vs 3"). Can anyone assure me that their similar deck problems have been corrected and I can expect to be satisfied with the mowing quality of the 1025R? I really like the other features of the tractor but its primary use will be for mowing. I have contacted the dealer and the salesman is to call me tomorrow to advise me what to do.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast