Green Tractor Talk banner

Question buying new 1025r

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Myasis_Dragon 
#1 ·
So I'm buying a new 1025r, paperwork signed a few weeks ago.

Mower deck hasn't come in but I needed to move dirt so dealer brought tractor for me to use.

Looks like it was straight off the lot not cleaned or anything. I think they were helping me out while we wait for the mower to arrive which should be this week hopefully.

My questions are will they touch up little dings on loader? It had a few scratches that rusted. Had .3 hours on it.

I know it's a tractor so not end of world... Just curious.

Also how much diesel do they normally deliver a new tractor with?

Any other things to look for?

Moved a little dirt and gave the kids rides around the yard. Loving it so far! :thumbup1gif:

#2 ·
All of the tractors I have purchased were clean and full of fuel on delivery.

Scratches are common, once you start using it.... Keeping them touched up or letting them go is up to you.

I would recommend going over the tractor throughly a couple times with a torque wrench and a grease gun.

Enjoy your new toy

#3 ·
Mine was delivered somewhat dirty. Meaning that it was clean, aside from what happens when it sits outside for a while. Would have been nice if they washed it, considering how many thousands we paid for it...

Reactions: Jb822
#4 ·
I bought mine on a Wed , they put it together on Thursday , got training on it late Thursday , was delivered Clean and full of fuel on Friday . I did find tiny area on my bush hog that needs touched up , gonna ask them on Monday for a little touch up paint . My dealer is just a few miles away , and right on my way home from work everyday .

#7 ·
My 2720 was delivered washed, waxed and with a full tank of diesel.

#8 ·
Clean and a full tank of diesel. Just a thought, since dealer brought your tractor for you to use till your deck came in, maybe when he picks it up to install deck ,then he will fill the tank and clean the tractor.

#10 ·
Not only was my tractor clean, the dealer waxed it. Fuel tank was full.

There is a reason some dealers can sell at a lower price than others. Taking the time to set up a tractor right, cleaning, waxing and fuel all cost $$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.