New 1025r owner. 60D auto connect help!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: New 1025r owner. 60D auto connect help!

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    05-16-2016 @ 12:33 AM
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    New 1025r owner. 60D auto connect help!

    Hello, just got a 1025r a week or two ago. I have been putting it to use and took the mower off today so I could get some clearance because I needed to move some dirt with the loader. Well, I ended bending a part on the mower deck trying to move it while it was off the tractor because I was having a hard time getting it to hook back up. Does anyone have a diagram with part numbers so I can order the part I need? Anyone know a good place to buy john deere parts online? Anyone have tips how to get the deck back on easier? Thanks!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 06:30 AM
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    931
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 90 Times in 83 Posts
    I just wanted to say, "welcome from Texas." Sorry to hear about that. The 1025 and 60d are an amazing combination. I don't have the parts diagram but a good place to order online is a vendor on this website. Green Farm Parts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    05-16-2016 @ 12:33 AM
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milharri View Post
    I just wanted to say, "welcome from Texas." Sorry to hear about that. The 1025 and 60d are an amazing combination. I don't have the parts diagram but a good place to order online is a vendor on this website. Green Farm Parts


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Thanks! I was able to find the part I was looking for.

    John Deere Rear Lock Assembly - LVA16090

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,786
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 167 Times in 140 Posts
    As you're pulling onto the deck, put the left front tire almost against the wire that runs front/back on the LHS of the deck. This should like you up pretty good. As you're pulling forward over the deck, lean to the left and look towards the front of the tractor at the ground. You should be able to see the hanger that the deck grabs onto at the front. You should be able to drive that bracket right into the front deck hangar and attach and see it the whole time (not blind). I've put mine on several times now and this works like a charm.

    If the part is just bent, can you straighten it? Cheaper than buying a new one.
    -Scott-

    2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

    You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    05-16-2016 @ 12:33 AM
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sstlaure View Post
    As you're pulling onto the deck, put the left front tire almost against the wire that runs front/back on the LHS of the deck. This should like you up pretty good. As you're pulling forward over the deck, lean to the left and look towards the front of the tractor at the ground. You should be able to see the hanger that the deck grabs onto at the front. You should be able to drive that bracket right into the front deck hangar and attach and see it the whole time (not blind). I've put mine on several times now and this works like a charm.

    If the part is just bent, can you straighten it? Cheaper than buying a new one.
    It's bowed in such a way it would be difficult to get it perfectly straight...it was my fault..I was trying to get the deck to hook up and pushed it forward onto uneven terrain...So I pulled it back to a flatter area with the tractor and straps but that part got hooked on the strap I was using and bent it so it much it won't lock anymore...I will pay the $14 stupid tax to get a new one

    I ended up picking the deck up with the FEL and moving it into the garage until the part comes in tomorrow. ( I was very careful to make sure the straps weren't catching on anything sensitive)

    Another problem I was having was trying to get the shafts to mate up automatically...I ended up having to prop the tractor end up some so it would mesh up...
    Last edited by KidMelody; 05-20-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: oops

  8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,481
    Thanks
    5,854
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 2,952 Posts
    Welcome to GTT KidMelody
    Have you tried here?

    John Deere - Parts Catalog
    Edit: For future reference.
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 05-20-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  9. Top | #7
    HydroHarold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    3,554
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 332 Times in 253 Posts
    I also had to replace that part. Mine was not only bent, but one of the weldments was twisted off when I managed to get the deck stuck at a 45º angle under the tractor... I chalked it up to a poorly (dealer) set up deck and poor operator concentration.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

    '04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

    "...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

    NRA Life Member

  10. Top | #8
    Sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    727
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 99 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    I also had to replace that part. Mine was not only bent, but one of the weldments was twisted off when I managed to get the deck stuck at a 45º angle under the tractor... I chalked it up to a poorly (dealer) set up deck and poor operator concentration.
    Does your wife know you are blaming her for driving over it crocked?

  11. Top | #9
    HydroHarold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Mid Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    3,554
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 332 Times in 253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Does your wife know you are blaming her for driving over it crocked?
    No! And don't you tell her!
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

    '04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

    "...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

    NRA Life Member

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •