Lights! Camera! Action!... Ummm Lights?.. Hello?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Traction

Thread: Lights! Camera! Action!... Ummm Lights?.. Hello?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-22-2017 @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks

Lights! Camera! Action!... Ummm Lights?.. Hello?

So it seems my new 1025R is a little quirky when it comes to Lighting...

I have the Additional forward lighting on the ROPS along with the normal lighting on the fenders. Last night I decided to try out the lighting at night and noticed that when I switched to Position #4 on the switch I had the ROPS lighting, and the fender lighting but no Headlights. I turned off and back on and I had all lighting. Played with it a few more times and the headlights didn't come on. Are the lights relay controlled? Is there something that would limit current draw?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Mine acts funny too - I haven't taken the time to look in the manual to see how they are supposed to work, but in the far RH position I have to giggle the switch around to go from headlamps to fender lamps to both, etc.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Thanks
    According to my dealer, the switch (AM124875) will "probably be recalled soon". He did say there are a couple of service bulletins out on it (but I didn't get the number). I just replaced the switch on my new 1025R TLB and the replacement switch is actually much worse than the original. My original switch had an issue 1 in 20 times. The new switch is more like 1 in 5 times. (The date code on the box is 20131012DY2). Turning the switch from one position to another typically restores the lighting. Alternatively, tapping the switch knob or pushing upwards on the knob can also restore illumination.

It "seems" like this is a recent issue on newer tractors, or at least it's people with new tractors that seem to be having the issue.

For now my dealer wants me to hold tight until they get word from John Deere. However, I would recommend you contact the dealer about the switch. They may not have a working replacement (yet), but Mother Deere needs to know the extent of the issue. The nice thing is that it's an easy 5 minute replacement that anyone can do.
    Gizmo2 and dieselshadow like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-14-2016 @ 10:46 AM
    Thanks
    I got my 1025R TLB last week, my light switch is finnicky.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    When I added my rear work light I had the same issue. If I wiggled the switch the lights in different positions would flicker. That was a year ago or better and my Service Manager said if they had installed the light they would have replaced the switch as part of the install. It seems like the switch does all the work and it's not up to the task.

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Mine is just the standard switch - no additional lights beyond the stock 1025R lighting.

I haven't had any of them flicker off while using, just tricky to operate the switch in a manner to consistently turn on the lights I want. Personally I prefer a light switch panel for each set of lights (hazard, front, fender) to a twisting knob that does everything.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    03-06-2019 @ 01:58 PM
    Thanks
    Just noticed this same exact issue on my 1025R last night. Seems like a loose contact in there somewhere.
    Last edited by dodgetimes2; 06-04-2014 at 03:07 PM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements