Green Tractor Talk banner

My experience so far

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Mr. Moose 
#1 ·
So the 1025r has a total of 6.8 hours on it and has completed more projects and mowing jobs that I am current ahead of schedule with all of my projects. First project ever was cutting 2 acres of my aunts/neighbors lawn, the 60"MMM literally cut the cutting time in half. Next project was mowing my own lawn. The tight turning radius and easy maneuverability of the 1025r made mowing a yard with a lot of tight turns into child's play. You might be thinking that the 1025 is only used to mow lawns, wrong. It moved 2.5tons of topsoil for a raised garden bed, spread mulch, cleared a fallen down cherry tree and brush, moved logs, moved river rock at the neighbors and is currently awaiting to tackle 22tons of river rock at the house.
I used to scoff at the fact when people would pull into the driveway as I was working, now I look forward to people stopping while I am on the tractor. When people do stop the first thing I do after discussion has stopped is say, "Here watch this". I take off the MMM, FEL and backhoe and you can just see the amusement in their faces. I showed my cousin how easy removing the attachments are and his reaction was, "Now thats neat right there, that how it should be", mind you he has a Case tractor.
In conclusion, with almost 7 hours on my tractor, I cant say that I am the best candidate to be giving this kind of review, but as of right now, I wouldnt give a bad review of the 1025r. I pushed a piled of brush, large branches, this weekend and the tractor didnt even notice it. There is practically 0 learning curve when it comes to operation, my mother, sisters and wife who have zero experience with tractors were able to operate the 1025 with little guidance from me. Long story shot, I couldnt be happier with my 1025r.

See less See more
#2 ·
We put 5.1 hours on our newly delivered 1025r this weekend. Mowed the lawn and cut our mowing time in half as well. That was with my son at the controls for most of the backyard as well. He was super excited to run it, but super nervous when he got on the seat and saw how much bigger than the lawn tractor it was. My wife on the other hand was eyeing up the neighbors yard to mow as well. Put the hitch carrier on the heavy hitch bracket and my wife trimmed up all the hedges and used the tractor to haul them to the brush pile.

One thing I will mention, keep an eye on the bolts for the auto pto carrier. I lost one already. Took the deck off and the pto pointed straight down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Nice Pyo05, thanks.
I cant say that I am the best candidate to be giving this kind of review
I would say that's wrong, you are the exact person to give a review of your tractor. And I liked it.:thumbup1gif:

#5 ·
Nice Pyo05, thanks.

I would say that's wrong, you are the exact person to give a review of your tractor. And I liked it.:thumbup1gif:
Ha, I'm a Quality Assurance Analyst by profession so I work Quality Assurance everyday. I only said that from a business standpoint, 7hours isnt a big 'sample size' to give a definite outcome. But so far, I couldnt be happier or more impressed with the machine.

#4 ·
Took delivery of mine on 5/13 and I've got 28.5 hrs on it already (and I was out of town for 2 weeks of that time.) Not a single problem, hasn't burned a lick of oil - absolutely fantastic machine. I couldn't be happier.

#8 ·
You're always in trouble. :nunu::laugh:

#10 ·
Guys,

I've got 330 hours on my 2012 1026R and I become freshly impressed every time I work with her. I now have 15 yards of rich topsoil that I'm playing ... err ... working with. I actually look forward to the next project ... and the next, and the next ...

Based on my experience, you newbies with the 1025s have a lot to look forward to.

#11 ·
I agree completely!
My 1026r TLB has 155 hours and I have loved every 1/10th of an hour of it! We have a lawn tractor to mow the lawn with, so my 1026r is a work Deere (not horse). It's mowed our baby field many times, including the one at our camp, used the backhoe to dig out stumps, dig for a retaining wall and any time I did not want to lift a rock. I've got paths in the woods I am working on upgrading, leveling out a parking spot for our pop up camper and I just smoothed out and seeded an addition to my field. I also snow blow our 750 ft driveway in the winter. The next project is to level out our car parking area and add a small retaining wall there too, including the on going stump removal, path work and field mowing. It's done so much that I am sure I am missing a project or ten! :thumbup1gif:

Mr. Moose

Reactions: Gizmo2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.