• 1 Post By Ultrapile
  • 2 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: 1025R stock lights

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-16-2018 @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks

1025R stock lights

could some one do a vid of the 1025R stock lights at night and have the fronts and the ones on the fender on so i can see if i need to have more lights i live out in the country so the closest street light is about 5 miles down the road. so if some one could do that

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    They throw plenty of light for mowing at night, the fender lights can be adjusted outwards to give more peripheral light. But they are more like flood lights than spot lights and don't throw a large distance of light. Rear lights would be nice to have.

FYI - you may want to move your taillights inside the ROPS before you knock one off the tractor.
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Thanks
    The stock lights are fine for mowing. However I found the front 54" blower blocks most of the light ,so I added the JD optional lights for blowing snow .
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    As others said, the stock lights work well. I do not recall ever hearing any complaints on the light they put out. If you have a loader or front implement on the tractor it will block the factory lights somewhat. That is why several of us add the extra light higher on the ROPS.

Having light shine from different angles keeps from having front implements block light when you need it. A rear facing light is nice to have also. Besides, having more lights makes you look cool!
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Lighting falls under the category of better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I due most of my mowing during the day but with the snow we got this winter I never knew when I would be on the tractor. I wish my tractor has a ROPS to mount lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrapile View Post
    Besides, having more lights makes you look cool!
    I debated once with my bass player friend once who's gear was cooler. It came down to blinking lights. My PA system had way more blinking lights than his bass rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-22-2019 @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post

I debated once with my bass player friend once who's gear was cooler. It came down to blinking lights. My PA system had way more blinking lights than his bass rig.
    I knew I was cool!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Kenny
    0331 88-92 USMC Ret.
    1025R FILB; 50" FEL Bucket with 3 Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Bucket Mounted Receiver and 1 Shackle Mount; psrumors Seat Springs; 12" BH Bucket; Box Blade; 48" Rotary Cutter; 48" Tiller; Omi Manufacturing Transformer Hitch w/Weight Rack; Artillian Forks, BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar, and More to come as I can beg it out of my wife!
    Also: Ford 9n, Massy Ferguson 231 & 231s, Zeter 7711 and a Mahindra 3525

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    And don't none of you newcomers with forward ROPS work lights forget that you WILL NEED THESE from one of our "Official Suppliers": Horse Blinders
    If you're plowing snow with the ROPS lights on and you back up without them you will think you have looked into an arc welder. They are inexpensive must haves for winter work!
    rtgt and Ultrapile like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 841 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    And don't none of you newcomers with forward ROPS work lights forget that you WILL NEED THESE from one of our "Official Suppliers": Horse Blinders
    If you're plowing snow with the ROPS lights on and you back up without them you will think you have looked into an arc welder. They are inexpensive must haves for winter work!
    You can get the horse blinders Or just add enough lights that you can still see while wearing a welding helmet!
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    You can get the horse blinders Or just add enough lights that you can still see while wearing a welding helmet!
    I'll tell ya what, that first night I was out trying and aiming the lights did it for me! I have a retinal problem resulting in "night blindness" and it takes me a looong time to recover from one of those ROPS light blasts. JD's done good with the lighting package... however, I agree a few more couldn't hurt none.

I'm going to try a seat activated "deck light" that will illuminate the operator's area when I get off... (I "missed" with a slippery wet boot climbing on once last year. OOOHFAH!) Shopping the small LED flood light sites for just the right installation.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHarold View Post
    I'll tell ya what, that first night I was out trying and aiming the lights did it for me! I have a retinal problem resulting in "night blindness" and it takes me a looong time to recover from one of those ROPS light blasts. JD's done good with the lighting package... however, I agree a few more couldn't hurt none.

I'm going to try a seat activated "deck light" that will illuminate the operator's area when I get off... (I "missed" with a slippery wet boot climbing on once last year. OOOHFAH!) Shopping the small LED flood light sites for just the right installation.
    At one point I was a tech guy for a haunted house. We put up hundreds of 12v led lights. I'm not sure if this the exact company we used but web site below May give you a idea of what is out there.

http://www.darklightsystem.com/led-luminaires/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements