• 2 Post By martincom
  • 1 Post By vt2305

Thread: John Deere 2305

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    02-03-2018 @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 2305

Haven't been here in quite some time. My neighbor asked me to grade his driveway, it's about a 25 degree, and about a 100 yards from the road up to the house. When I used the rear blade, I noticed the front heels were not driving. The tractor is 7 years old, this is the first time I've engaged the 4 wheel drive, and the front wheels didn't work. Have to leave soon to go to the nursing home to feed my wife, so I haven't looked at it. Any ideas? Oh, I did have to add a quart of transmission fluid to her to bring the level up to full.
    raco232 likes this.
    The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it – John Ruskin

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Sometimes mine won't fully engage. Make sure the lever is all the way down. May have to do it while moving just a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fdmars and raco232 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,607 Posts
    When you say you brought the fluid to full. Just wondering the sight glass is only half full when all attachments are down and transmission is cold. Or at least after setting for an hour after using...

As vt2305 just make sure it is in 4wd, try engaging several times
    raco232 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    I would check the handle linkage first. Make sure it is actually moving something?
    etcallhome, fdmars and raco232 like this.
    Bob - 2011 2520

2520 Mods - http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...2520-mods.html
    Posted for general info only. Not suggesting you alter your tractor based upon my feeble minded posts. Do so at your own risk. Maintenance and mods should be performed by a JD Dealer, or refer to your owners and maintenance manuals for proper procedures.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    02-03-2018 @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    Okay I raised the front wheels off the ground with the front blade, shut her off engaged the 4WD leaver, and put the transmission in low. The wheels turn freely, and turning the driveshaft turns the wheels. I'm thinking there should be no movement in the driveshaft.
    raco232 likes this.
    The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it – John Ruskin

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydolittle View Post
    Okay I raised the front wheels off the ground with the front blade, shut her off engaged the 4WD leaver, and put the transmission in low. The wheels turn freely, and turning the driveshaft turns the wheels. I'm thinking there should be no movement in the driveshaft.
    I would agree, assuming the 4x4, front wheel drive, was engaging in the transmission.

I've heard a few of the 1025R members have reported the roll pin that secures the 4x4 lever to the shaft protruding from the transmission has a tendency to vibrate out. When this happens, the lever is simply rotating on the shaft and not turning it, when moving the lever. I'd speculate that or something equally as simple is your issue. To prevent this on mine, I fed a piece of safety wire through the pin, around the lever and twisted the ends together to prevent the roll pin from vibrating out. I'd suggest this be done on all such tractors when the fender or other trim is off to simplify access.
    jimmydolittle and raco232 like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Thanks
    Do the front wheels turn opposite each other? Try holding one from spinning and turn the other. If it's in 2wd it will soon. If 4wd it won't. Nearly certain. Lol I should probably check that on mine. But you have to isolate it from the front differential letting the wheels spin .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    raco232 likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements