Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: 54" Snowblower Quick-Hitch Install help needed

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

54" Snowblower Quick-Hitch Install help needed

I had my 54" snowblower delivered a few weeks ago and was going to install it today when I realized I had all kinds of brackets and bolts to mount to the front bumper of my 1025R but no instructions on how and exactly where to mount them. I've done my searching here but to no avail.

Can someone please provide me with the instruction sheet(s) for the installation of the brackets that mount directly to the front bumper? I just need to know what size bolts go where and any torque specs (if necessary).

Thank you in advance.
    Levi, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2017 1025R TLB - 12" Bucket - 55 Amp Alternator - Engine Block Heater - Curtis Premium Cab w/heater - 54" Quick-Connect Snow Thrower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,244 Posts
    Hopefully another 1-series owner can help you but be sure to contact your dealer on Monday and request the manual and instructions that came with your 1-series quick hitch kit and snow blower. You are entitled to that documentation.
    Levi, PJR832 and bvbearcat like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Thanks
    If you have a front hood guard and mower brackets, you will need longer bolts. The quick attach goes on the inside of the front frame. I usually use the bolts that came with hood guard for the 4 back holes and get longer bolts for the four front holes. The skinny bracket goes in the front using the two smaller bolts. Let me know if you have any issues with the install.
    Levi, PJR832, Shortstuff and 1 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    I'm not 100% certain of which piece you are working with. There is the front attachment support kit that holds the front of the mower as well as the quick hitch (LVU23138), The Front quick hitch and hydraulic lift kit (LVU23139) and the Front PTO kit (LVU27270) that I had to assemble for my snowblower as I received it in the crate. The front attachment support kit was already installed because of the mower.

I scanned in my manuals (English only) as I needed to do that anyway. Please ignore the grease.
    2017 1025R sporting turfs, 54" snowblower with remote chute kit, 54" auto connect MMM with mulch kit, H120 loader, 42" Titan forks, coolant heater and Original Tractor Cab.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moxified For This Useful Post:

56Nine (12-25-2017), Dervakon (01-20-2018), GSM (08-31-2018), jgayman (12-02-2017)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxified View Post
    I'm not 100% certain of which piece you are working with. There is the front attachment support kit that holds the front of the mower as well as the quick hitch (LVU23138), The Front quick hitch and hydraulic lift kit (LVU23139) and the Front PTO kit (LVU27270) that I had to assemble for my snowblower as I received it in the crate. The front attachment support kit was already installed because of the mower.

I scanned in my manuals (English only) as I needed to do that anyway. Please ignore the grease.
    The first two you posted I did not receive with my parts and should give me all I need for the install. The third one did come with the blower. Thank you very much!

etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB - 12" Bucket - 55 Amp Alternator - Engine Block Heater - Curtis Premium Cab w/heater - 54" Quick-Connect Snow Thrower

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    If you have a front hood guard and mower brackets, you will need longer bolts. The quick attach goes on the inside of the front frame. I usually use the bolts that came with hood guard for the 4 back holes and get longer bolts for the four front holes. The skinny bracket goes in the front using the two smaller bolts. Let me know if you have any issues with the install.
    I do have the front hood guard but no mower mounts. Thanks!

Levi, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    It turns out that they sent along more parts than is shown in the instructions you guys provided and now I have more questions. I'm going to contact the dealer too for help, but any more help would be appreciated.

Below is a picture of what I have. I don't know what the shims (I think) are for or where they go. I have no idea what that long bracket is for. And they gave me two sets of what appear to be hydraulic hose holder brackets round and square (#3 and #4). Not exactly sure which ones go where.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SBParts.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	600.8 KB 
ID:	500138
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,244 Posts
    The long bracket is the 1-series mount for the remote spout control. I assume you purchased that as well?

Not sure about the square hose guides, never saw those before. Use whichever round hose guides that you need to properly support the hoses and keep them away from the front tires. It never hurts to use an extra one if you need it.

My 2-series didn't come with enough so I purchased extras and mounted them where I saw fit to keep the hoses out of harms way.
    BarryNWa and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:57 AM
    Thanks
    There are two of your #3 holders on my 1025r....

right side, rear holder...

Name:	DSCF8478.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	500482

right side front holder.....

Name:	DSCF8479.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	500490

There's a bar that attaches with 2 bolts to the front of the tractor frame...... I don't know if that's a standard item, or if it's part of the front quick hitch assembly...

Name:	DSCF8484.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	500498

The 2 brackets in your picture go inside the frame rails. This is a dark pic, but you might get the idea...

Name:	DSCF8481.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	500506

I think your parts kit came with a lot of extra parts, they might not all be used on your tractor and some of the parts might be for other model tractors...

I'm pretty sure someone will post the torque specs, but they're also listed in the tractor owners manual by bolt size, but not really by each specific use.

As far as which bolts go where... It's going to be a bit of a puzzle. If they fill the hole (don't used a skinny bolt in a large hole) and are long enough, they're probably in the right place.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    The long bracket is the 1-series mount for the remote spout control. I assume you purchased that as well?

Not sure about the square hose guides, never saw those before. Use whichever round hose guides that you need to properly support the hoses and keep them away from the front tires. It never hurts to use an extra one if you need it.

My 2-series didn't come with enough so I purchased extras and mounted them where I saw fit to keep the hoses out of harms way.
    Thanks. Yes I did also get the manual spout control but have since purchased an electric actuator kit from a gentleman who makes them for less than $200. As you said, if needed I can use the extra hose holders as needed too.

Thanks!
    etcallhome and Craiger75 like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast