• 1 Post By s1283
  • 1 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: 1025r mmm pto leaking from tractor

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 04:10 PM
    Thanks

1025r mmm pto leaking from tractor

1025r is leaking from the mmm pto from tractor. This is the 2nd time within 6mos. Thankfully I purchased the extended warranty because the 1st time it covered the whole service including the pickup/delivery (just the seal needed replaced, looks like a metal copper looking ring). Tech said they are a nightmare to replace they have to drill a whole in it and use a slide hammer to get out. Now its leaking for the 2nd time. Scheduled to have it picked up again next week. Is this common? Anyone else having this issue? I have about 600hrs on it and its 3 years old. They said this time depending on what it looks like they might have to take the whole rear end drive train apart and tackle the fix from the inside which means ill be down a tractor for quite some time and am nervous that everything would get put back together perfectly again.
    It will be interesting to hear who else is having this problem and if problem ever got fixed for you.
    Thanks!
    Travis
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Thanks
    No problem with mine I have had it since 7/16.
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Had a 1026r and dealer replaced the mmm pto seal (on tractor) I'm thinking 5 times , could have been 4 or 6. Anyway for another reason traded in tractor and the dealer took it to his farm. After trading it the mechanics noticed they hadn't been pushing in the seal far enough by 1/6-1/32". After replacing it after trading it in the seal hasn't leaked or replaced ..that was 3 yrs ago and not sure of the hours. Guessing several it takes them 3-4 hrs to mow .
    BigJim55, 56Nine and PJR832 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 04:10 PM
    Thanks
    Lovely, I guess I will have to remind the dealer to make sure to push it in far enough so I don't have that same problem. After I posted this I did some digging and found an old forum were others had the same issue with the seal not being pushed in far enough.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks

1025r mmm pto leaking from tractor

The dealer replaced mine twice within a few months. The third time they contacted Deere’s engineers and replaced the whole pto output shaft and housing cover.

Knock on wood it’s been two years with no leak...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by s1283; 12-22-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    etcallhome likes this.
    1025R-H120 FEL, AUTO CONNECT 52"MMM, BALLAST BOX, 60" 3PT SNOWBLOWER, 52" 3PT SWEEPER, TOW BEHIND YORK RAKE, 3PT QUICK HITCH

Mods- Rops aux LED lighting, LED headlight & fender & hazard conversions, PTO reverse switch mod, MMM custom rubber discharge chute, snowblower impeller mod, snowblower electric chute rotator, custom snowblower skid shoes, custom sweeper park stands.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Thanks
    The seal sets back in a predetermined depth. This is critical. The worst part is the mmm shaft/seal area is subject to alot of abuse. Dirt, sand, crap getting wrapped around it ect. This wears a slight groove where the seal rides. A new tight fitting seal will work for a while. But if the shaft is grooved, its just a matter of time... Unless you adjust the depth a hair or so. That way the seal rides on virgin shaft.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    joshn3448 likes this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

John Deere 1025R TLB (12-23-2017)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements