Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Rear LED Light for Mauser Cab Installed

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 01:23 PM
    Thanks

Rear LED Light for Mauser Cab Installed

Received and installed the rear LED light for my Mauser cab today. Per detailed instructions, it was easy to install and works great! The light is a 2.75" LED Work Lamp that throws 2,000 raw lumens, 960 effective lumens with a 1 amp draw (12 volt). Here is the email address of the company that makes this light for Mauser: www.visionxusa.com These are the pictures of the light.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2056.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	508209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2057.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	508217
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2055.jpg  
    fdmars, jgayman, Adamq and 12 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 11:48 AM
    Thanks
    Very nice!!
    BarryNWa and Fozsey like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryNWa View Post
    Received and installed the rear LED light for my Mauser cab today. Per detailed instructions, it was easy to install and works great! The light is a 2.75" LED Work Lamp that throws 2,000 raw lumens, 960 effective lumens with a 1 amp draw (12 volt). Here is the email address of the company that makes this light for Mauser: www.visionxusa.com These are the pictures of the light.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2056.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	508209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2057.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	508217
    I know this is an old post but do you happen to know the cost of this rear Led light kit for the Mauser cab? Part #? Does it come with a separate switch? Also, Id be interested in replacing my front lights with LED--anyone have a good replacement?

Thanks!
    Fozsey likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 14decoys View Post
    I know this is an old post but do you happen to know the cost of this rear Led light kit for the Mauser cab? Part #? Does it come with a separate switch? Also, Id be interested in replacing my front lights with LED--anyone have a good replacement?

Thanks!
    Are you thinking about replacing the round front mounted lights which were re-positioned from the OEM fender location up to the cab with LED's in that location?

I found some round LED's which are the same size, but I decided to leave the round lights up there and the reason was because of the mounting bracket and the way the lights pivot in place. Since they are mounted "sideways" in the front of the cab roof, which permits the lights to be adjusted in a different way than many..........I keep these round light in the front edge of the cab aimed left and right and out as far as they will illuminate. I am adding some LED lights which are square, like those which this thread was started about. I haven't decided whether they are going to be on the front edge of the roof or on the grille guard shining down over the blade.

If you haven't had the roof off your cab yet, the system for adding electrical components is very well designed and makes adding lights or other components easy. Each of the position for the switch panels on the left and right side of the ceiling have a way to power the items either through the ignition key, the light switch or even hot all the time and switch controlled. There is also a great grounding bar / post for plugging spade connectors into for a proper. Wiring in items in the cab roof is simple and professionally prepared. Also, once you put the roof panel back on, everything is protected from the element and dirt.

Just make sure the new lights you plan to use to replace the lights which were moved up to the cab roof in front will fit into the mounting provided by the design of that area by Mauser. Since they are intending the previously "fender lights" to be mounted in the front roof and turned sideways, I haven't disassembled these lights and instead, just chose to add more lights on another circuit.

The lights I am adding to brighten the area right down in front of my plow blade are these lights......Rural King had the lights on sale for $24 for the lights and another $12 for the harness. They were taking an additional 10% off all LED lighting products during the sale which I think is still going on. The lights claim to be 1,200 lumens and for the price, I thought I would add them specifically to brighten the area in front of the plow. They have a very nice waterproof connection harness which I like

Here is a link to Rural Kings website for these products.

Search results for:

This image shows the shadow directly in front of the plow, which I would like to see better than I am.

I do know the lights I added on the rear of the cab do a great job illuminating the area as shown in the same picture. They do a wonderful job so adding more of the same to the front should produce same or similar results to the front. This picture shows just how different the light quality and immediate brightness are. Of course these are incandescent OEM lights compared to new LED lights and it's important that I mention I have two LED lights on the rear of the cab so that must be considered when comparing the light output.

Also note how the OEM headlights in the front of the tractor grille are blocked by the raised Plow blade. This is what I am hoping to remedy with the new LED's..........

There are a total of 4 OEM incandescent lights shining forward while two LED's shining to the rear. The difference in the volume color and clarity of the light is pretty amazing.

One last point I have noticed to keep in mind, I have found some of the very white LED lights tend to reflect the light off heavy snow which is near the lights, making everything whiter and almost a little more difficult to see because of the bright white light. If you are going to be using a blower or blade and there is a lot of snow in the air, the visibility might compromised due to the super bright white lights. It's much like the effect of having your high beams on in the car when driving in heavy snow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181124_185236245.jpg   IMG_20181125_182002068.jpg  
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 11-26-2018 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Visibility in heavy snowfall or blowing snow

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Great info! Thanks SulleyBear

I never considered the blowing snow and LEDs causing a "whiteout"--I can see where that could be an issue.

What I really need is a rear light --I didn't order it when I ordered the cab and after my first time with the cab on and the snowblower in use I can see where it would be nice to be able to see behind me at night. Maybe just a regular old incandescent --just some light, nothing too wild.
    Last edited by 14decoys; 11-26-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Fozsey likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    I put 2 Alpena Hex Fire LED lights on the rear of my Mauser cab. They are very bright and reasonably priced. I currently have them wired to the tractor's light switch, so they turn on with the upper forward facing cab lights. I want to rewire them independent of the forward lights. Can someone tell me where I can buy the headliner switch in the 2nd picture?

Alpena HexFire
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181012_152009.jpg   IMG_2056.jpg  
    BarryNWa, Fozsey and JD4044M like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    I installed a couple of these illuminated rocker switches when I ran separate circuits for my work lights, but they have a large selection of switches to choose from.

DPST Rocker Switch with Red Illuminated Indicator 12 VDC 35A
    jdforever, Fozsey and JD4044M like this.

John Deere 3038E
    300E Loader / 61” Bucket
    BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    FRONTIER Grooming Mower GM3060
    Titan Attachments CAT 1 Ballast Box
    Land Pride Back Blade 7’
    CountyLine Box Blade 6’
    CountyLine York Rake 6’

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fade2Blk For This Useful Post:

jdforever (11-26-2018)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    I put 2 Alpena Hex Fire LED lights on the rear of my Mauser cab. They are very bright and reasonably priced. I currently have them wired to the tractor's light switch, so they turn on with the upper forward facing cab lights. I want to rewire them independent of the forward lights. Can someone tell me where I can buy the headliner switch in the 2nd picture?

Alpena HexFire
    I had a hard time finding an extra Mauser switch and my JD dealer said they were not available(?). I did find one on ebay that was a windshield washer switch. I bought it and mounted it in the spare switch panel. It lights up when on and works fine. If you go to the Mauser internet sight you can fill out a message to them. They responded to me in 24 hours. Good luck.
    jdforever and Fozsey like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 14decoys View Post

Thanks!
    As I recall, the light and switch came as a kit from my JD dealer via Mauser for the cab. I believe it was $105. It's all OEM without any fuss installing it.
    Fozsey likes this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryNWa View Post
    I had a hard time finding an extra Mauser switch and my JD dealer said they were not available(?). I did find one on ebay that was a windshield washer switch. I bought it and mounted it in the spare switch panel. It lights up when on and works fine. If you go to the Mauser internet sight you can fill out a message to them. They responded to me in 24 hours. Good luck.
    Is the switch just like the the factory mauser switches in the headliner? Do you have the part number or the eBay link available?
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast