• 3 Post By Symmatree
  • 3 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: 1025r plow angling cylinder won't angle

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-13-2018 @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks

1025r plow angling cylinder won't angle

I put the snow blade on for the first time on Thursday (hoping to like it enough that I can trade the blower in - bad gravel road and light snow has been a bad match for it). Anyway, over the course of plowing I noticed first that it would sometimes angle the opposite way for a moment, then "kick in" the right way. Then part way through it stopped moving at all; the hoses would bounce and it would go into relief but nothing moved. I had to go to work so I didn't investigate yet but I wanted to ask for advice on here. For what it's worth, I've never had the curl problems people talk about when using the bucket, or at least I didn't recognize them.

My next steps: I rigged up a single point connect a few days back, so there are more connections in the path than there used to be. I'm going to try the bucket and see if it'll curl, to rule out some kind of failure upstream. I can also remove the single point but it's annoying (not enough slack in the hoses I had made, so I have to unbolt it to free the quick connects on the tractor).

Did I miss anything setting it up? I just connected the cylinder and went to work, did I need to bleed air or anything? Oil was near the top of the dipstick before I started plowing (I checked after all my messing around with the single point). I'll update once I do some more troubleshooting but I was curious if anyone knew if I already blew up the cylinder (or even worse the tractor hydraulics)?

Thanks,
    Seth
    SulleyBear likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    From the symptoms in your post, I'd speculate it is just air in the hydraulic lines and/or cylinder that hasn't worked its way out yet. What you describe is very similar to what I experience when connecting up a new cylinder and/or lines.

Working it back and forth a few times, with the plow up so there is little load on the angle circuit. That'll usually take care of it.

Also, check the fluid level in the transmission once you have the air purged.
    Last edited by martincom; 12-16-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    Gizmo2 and SulleyBear like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

Symmatree (12-16-2017)

5. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 2,949 Posts
    I would also disconnect the hydraulic hoses and reconnect them. Could be a bad connection someplace.
    I also think the cylinder and tractor hydraulics are just fine.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

Symmatree (12-16-2017)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmatree View Post
    I put the snow blade on for the first time on Thursday (hoping to like it enough that I can trade the blower in - bad gravel road and light snow has been a bad match for it). Anyway, over the course of plowing I noticed first that it would sometimes angle the opposite way for a moment, then "kick in" the right way. Then part way through it stopped moving at all; the hoses would bounce and it would go into relief but nothing moved. I had to go to work so I didn't investigate yet but I wanted to ask for advice on here. For what it's worth, I've never had the curl problems people talk about when using the bucket, or at least I didn't recognize them.

My next steps: I rigged up a single point connect a few days back, so there are more connections in the path than there used to be. I'm going to try the bucket and see if it'll curl, to rule out some kind of failure upstream. I can also remove the single point but it's annoying (not enough slack in the hoses I had made, so I have to unbolt it to free the quick connects on the tractor).

Did I miss anything setting it up? I just connected the cylinder and went to work, did I need to bleed air or anything? Oil was near the top of the dipstick before I started plowing (I checked after all my messing around with the single point). I'll update once I do some more troubleshooting but I was curious if anyone knew if I already blew up the cylinder (or even worse the tractor hydraulics)?

Thanks,
    Seth

Seth,

WHen I hooked up my front plow arrangement, it did the exact same thing. I moved the loader control handle back and forth and it kept flopping like a fish on land.

I unplugged the four hydraulic lines at the connection point under the operator platform and then reconnected them, making sure that everything was not only in the right locations (which they were) but also that the connections were tight and properly seated. Then, everything has worked fine ever since.

I will be honest, when I first hooked everything up and that was the result I got, there were a few profanity laced words directed at my new tractor. Then I apologized to the tractor and patted in on the hood and ever since, everything has been fine. I would bet that I have lifted and angled the blade 1,000 times since without an issue. I have plowed for over 33 hours already this season.......

I think there is air in the lines for the front plow mount and angling cylinders and it just takes some time to work it out. Try disconnecting and reconnecting each again and then try it before digging into it too deeply. You may find the same result I did.

Oh, and tap it on the hood lovingly and make up with the tractor. That can't hurt....
    Gizmo2 likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Symmatree (12-16-2017)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I will be honest, when I first hooked everything up and that was the result I got, there were a few profanity laced words directed at my new tractor. Then I apologized to the tractor and patted in on the hood and ever since, everything has been fine. I would bet that I have lifted and angled the blade 1,000 times since without an issue. I have plowed for over 33 hours already this season.......

Oh, and tap it on the hood lovingly and make up with the tractor. That can't hurt....
    Did you rub it's belly while you were down there playing with the SCV connections? Mine really likes that!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks folks, that gives me the courage to go check it out during my daughter's nap today (also known as Tractor Maintenance Time!) I admit I was a little down in the dumps since this was the first time I used my fancy new plow; y'all are great! I'm really liking the single point connect but I'm still scared every time the hydraulics act up.

12. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    All's well I think. It looks like part of the problem was the single point and part was just air in the new cylinder. In the course of fighting the various quick connects it leaked some oil that was very foamy, so air was a part of it. For some reason with the single point manifold in there, I couldn't relieve pressure in the line by waggling the joystick - maybe with the air it wasn't cracking the shutoffs in the quick connects? In any event once I unmounted that and bled a little oil I was able to mate it directly to the tractor connects, and then I could cycle it a few times. After that the oil was a little low so I topped it back up.

So I never got as far as setting up the new artillian mount but I'm at least back to functional. Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement!!
    Gizmo2, keane and SulleyBear like this.

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmatree View Post
    All's well I think. It looks like part of the problem was the single point and part was just air in the new cylinder. In the course of fighting the various quick connects it leaked some oil that was very foamy, so air was a part of it. For some reason with the single point manifold in there, I couldn't relieve pressure in the line by waggling the joystick - maybe with the air it wasn't cracking the shutoffs in the quick connects? In any event once I unmounted that and bled a little oil I was able to mate it directly to the tractor connects, and then I could cycle it a few times. After that the oil was a little low so I topped it back up.

So I never got as far as setting up the new artillian mount but I'm at least back to functional. Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement!!
    Thank You VERY MUCH for responding to what you found after checking out your tractor and taking the suggested actions.

It makes these threads so much more valuable to the next person who has a similar issue and see's the suggestions from a few of us and then hears how you ultimately resolved the problem and whether the suggestions were helpful to your situation. Having the issue go from a problem to a resolution is ideal for GTT and all of us.

It's frustrating that on occasion, someone will post regarding a problem and there are numerous very good and viable suggestions made by those on GTT and then the thread goes silent..........No one knows if the problem was ever fixed or if any of the solutions recommended helped. So, thanks again for posting your findings and for being a helpful GTT contributor.........

Also, welcome to the site as I see you are relatively new and best of luck with your new tractor. Just know that there are bunch of good people here on GTT (and one or two others ) who are very helpful, very knowledgeable and likely encountered the same situation. No one enjoys that sinking feeling something is possibly seriously wrong and you begin to question if you have done the right thing with this major purchase. But, finding the answer and it's a simple fix and nothing serious is wrong is a great feeling......

And NO, JimR, I didn't rub it's belly, but I did scratch behind it's mirrors as it really likes that as well.. It usually causes one if it's rear tires to thump up and down on the floor similar to when I scratch my German Shepherds behind their ears.....thump, thump, thump........
    Gizmo2, keane and mkaiser like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements