New Video: 47" Snowblower in Action Removing very light coating of snow with my 1025R
Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By silvercymbal
  • 1 Post By tj1
  • 1 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By Cutty72

Thread: New Video: 47" Snowblower in Action Removing very light coating of snow with my 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 10:06 PM
    Thanks

New Video: 47" Snowblower in Action Removing very light coating of snow with my 1025R

Just posted...There has been a lot of talk about if this machine can remove a very thin coating of snow? We don't always get this type of snow to try it on and I think my 1025R did a really great job. I don't have it set to the absolute lowest setting but if you are thinking about this setup please watch my video and see what you think of it's performance. Feel free to comment or subscribe also I work with a lot of different things around the house and farm that might interest you to watch. Best wishes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:11 AM
    Thanks
    Nice camera work! Thanks for sharing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Mark

2038R - x380

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    They (both the 47 and 54 blower) can do a good job on a light snowfall, they just aren't the most efficient.
    It won't blow it as far, and it's a bit slower.
    Even last night with our 3" I would have loved to have a back blade. Windrow it all to the edge then blow it away!

Oh well... can't part with the $700 for the EA one, and I really want the versatility of how adjustable that is vs a cheap tractor supply or runnings version.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Thanks
    My 47" on the X738 does a great job on any amount of snow and I do have it set at its lowest setting (asphalt). The 1-4" stuff no problem just let it rip and fly thru the snow. or use a leaf blower on the 1" stuff! I prefer the snow blower because of the heated cab! No blowing back in your face either. Nice video Silver Cymbal.. Zildjians?
    Superglidesport likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj1 View Post
    My 47" on the X738 does a great job on any amount of snow and I do have it set at its lowest setting (asphalt). The 1-4" stuff no problem just let it rip and fly thru the snow. or use a leaf blower on the 1" stuff! I prefer the snow blower because of the heated cab! No blowing back in your face either. Nice video Silver Cymbal.. Zildjians?
    This is true **IF** you have a paved driveway as you can keep the scraper blade all the way down. Our neighbor uses his walk-behind even with 1" of snow and it scrapes it down to bare pavement. That way there is never piles of snow along the sides. When using a tractor mounted blower you sometimes just have to go faster to get the snow scooped up into the auger.

With gravel it's a completely different story as it's nearly impossible to use the blower on a couple inches of snow without collecting a lot of gravel in the process.

I also second the leaf blower. When you have those 1-2" fluffy talcum powder-like snows nothing beats a leaf blower (other than maybe a tractor mounted broom but even the broom cannot clean off the cars and walkways like the leaf blower can). :-)
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    That little bit of snow would not bother me. As long as we can walk and drive out easy. The effort to use the tractor does not seem worth it to me. But for you guys that want to go out and play with the snow ... have at it.

The JD can be a toy but donít tell the wife that.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 01:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    That little bit of snow would not bother me. As long as we can walk and drive out easy. The effort to use the tractor does not seem worth it to me. But for you guys that want to go out and play with the snow ... have at it.

The JD can be a toy but donít tell the wife that.
    The thing is, if you get a lot of those "little" snows, it adds up. If you never move it, then it all gets compacted and turns into ice and can get rutted.
    This makes it difficult to move the big snows when they happen. Also takes longer to clear off and dry out come spring.

My process is that if it's paved/concrete, then it should be cleared of snow.
    Gravel gets a base packed down to save from pushing/blowing rock.
    Grass gets a layer to protect it and reduce winterkill
    coaltrain likes this.
    2010 2320 with 200cx FEL
    54D MMM
    54" front mount blower
    Titan 42" forks w/ receiver hitch
    County Line 5' tiller
    6' JD rear blade (tree find)

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Thanks
    Yes it did a good job,but a blade would be faster for lighter snows and save wear and tear on the blower.Maybe a back blade with the blower combo as Cutty72 suggested.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to video your work!

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 10:06 PM
    Thanks
    My pleasure. I have a lot of fun making these and sharing. I will actually be uploading another one in just a few minutes that I made today. Stay tuned!

Best wishes

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements