• 2 Post By jermedic
  • 1 Post By Weathertite

Thread: Another Indepentent hydraulic mower lift question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks

Another Indepentent hydraulic mower lift question

I've read all the pros and cons on the independent hydraulic lift mower deck vs the other two options. I'm not here to debate which one is the better choice. My question is about removing and re-connecting the auto connect deck with the independent lift installed. Are there any differences in procedure when removing the deck with independent vs the standard mechanical version? This is in regard to the 1025r MMM. Thanks.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 12-18-2017 at 12:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks
    It is the same process. The only difference is in the handle or switch that is used to raise or lower the deck. The options are the mid SCV joystick, 3rd SCV lever or a switch for an electronic valve.
    jimmylh likes this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    It is the same process. The only difference is in the handle or switch that is used to raise or lower the deck. The options are the mid SCV joystick, 3rd SCV lever or a switch for an electronic valve.
    Thanks. I thought the Independent option uses a rocker switch mounted some place around the left knee.

Edited:

Ok, lets see if I understand how the mower deck system works. You can raise or lower the deck in one of three ways. With the 3 point hitch lever using the standard mech lift system. Joy stick with the hydraulic option but you have to share a port with the loader. Can't use both at the same time. The independent with the electric rocker switch.
    So that means the mower deck height knob is just a mechanical stop for setting the cut height? The "Install" setting just lets the deck go all the way down to the ground. Is my assumption correct?
    Last edited by jimmylh; 12-18-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    chex313 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    So that means the mower deck height knob is just a mechanical stop for setting the cut height? The "Install" setting just lets the deck go all the way down to the ground. Is my assumption correct?
    You are right, the mechanical stop sets the height, all of the 3 different ways of lifting it are just to raise the deck off of the mechanical stop so the height knob can be rotated, then you let the deck back down on it. And yes, you are right on the "Install" setting.
    jimmylh likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spferdil View Post
    You are right, the mechanical stop sets the height, all of the 3 different ways of lifting it are just to raise the deck off of the mechanical stop so the height knob can be rotated, then you let the deck back down on it. And yes, you are right on the "Install" setting.
    Thanks!

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    Thanks!
    Yep, you nailed it all.

Mine had the hydraulic lift controlled by the joystick - that got to be a real PITA when it came time for taking the deck off/loader on - switched over to independent lift and haven't looked back. It is nice also to have the joystick for loader only, the 3 pt for whatever is on 3 pt only, and the mower lift doing only the mower - thus independent. People have complained about the location of the switch, I looked into moving it to right side but dealer wasn't too keen on going against the grain of the install manual on that, and in hind sight it's fine where it is, doesn't require any more contortion than setting the height knob at the same time.
    Weathertite and jimmylh like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    05-21-2018 @ 02:21 PM
    Thanks
    I went with the independent, via rocker switch. Have had zero issues. Does what it's supposed to do.
    jimmylh likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements