62D Stow and Go?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 62D Stow and Go?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks

62D Stow and Go?

I just took delivery of a new 2520 with the 62D drive over deck on Friday. Mowed my lawn this weekend and removed the deck to play with the loader to find that there were NO brackets/pins to attach my 3-point arms to. Before I made my purchase, I'd watched the JD marketing video on the 2xxx series machines (http://www.deere.com/media/player/pl...tart=true&r=-1). If you scroll to the 7:30 mark in the video, it talks about the Stow and Go feature of the drive over MMMs. I chose the deck for 2 reasons: The ability to drive over and the ability to pick it up with my 3-point arms. To my dismay, I've only got one of the two features that sold me on this implement. The DoM on my deck is Jan 2011 so it's pretty fresh from the line. Any pictures that I've seen of these decks with the brackets appear to be welded, not bolted on. Does anyone know what Deere did? I've got my dealer looking into it, but I'm too impatient to wait for a response. Do they have bolt-on brackets now that it appears they stopped coming standard with them welded on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    From what I remember reading, late 2009 or early 2010 Momma Deere decided that the consumers were not getting much benefit from the pins and that most were not using them. They removed them as a cost savings.

They must still have the videos up?

Brian

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 08:30 PM
    Thanks
    I'm in the same situation as you..... thought the 62D deck came with the Stow and Go feature. So I was surprised when my new 2520 with a 62D MMM was delivered last month without the Stow and Go feature. I voiced a complaint to the dealer where I purchased the tractor and he is supposedly sending me the bolt on kit.... haven't seen it yet though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    If they discontinued, I sure hope they have a bolt-on and that the deck is just as strong in the spot where the earlier decks were welded. I'll take the bolt-on kit if there's really one available. Thanks for the feedback.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-04-2013 @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    I got my 2520 with the 62D last September, and it also did not have the lifting brackets. I as well thought this would be a great feature, especially when servicing the mower. As a matter of fact, this was one of the main reasons purchased the "I" match at the same time.

When I questioned my dealer, who had no idea the lift brackets were no longer being included, he contacted Deere. Apparently JD did a survey, and most people did not think they were that much aof a benefit, so they were discontinued. Me....I think there were some safety issues, and JD saw potential lawsuits.

As far as I know, even the lifting bracket parts have been discontinued, as my dealer was also going to order them separate, and he found out they were no longer available.

REV

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I called JD customer service. They did a good job of playing stupid and claiming that they had no knowledge of stow and go, even though it's in their marketing video and the mower owners manual. They told me to go back to my dealer and have them file a customer service inquiry so that an engineer could review it. I too went with the 62D purely for the ease of moving the deck and am less than pleased with the response I've gotten. At this point, it is what it is. If they don't have a retrofit, the least JD could do is acknowledge the false advertising and offer a voucher for an accessory to right their wrong.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,074 Times in 2,540 Posts
    Larry's Mower Axles are better than the "stow and go" setup from JD anyway since it lets you store the mower vertical. I have been using them for 6+ years...there is even pictures of my deck on his website.

Take a look: http://www.moweraxle.com/tractorstan...erestands.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    04-07-2012 @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    I too was encouraged by my dealer to contact JD customer service. The young lady I spoke to told me that I should get w/my dealers parts department and order the "missing" brackets. She supplied me with the part number and a reference number for the call I was making. I had my dealer check it out the next day only to find out that the part number she quoted was incorrect and that the brackets were not available to be ordered. In the long run, JD Corporate was no help at all. The dealer I bought the tractor from had to fab up the brackets based on another older deck w/stow and go and then pay a local certified welder to weld them onto my deck. All of this is being done at the dealerships expense. I'm supposed to get my modified 62D back tomorrow. I'm happy my dealership is making it right but dissappointed in JD Corporate.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FMWeaver View Post
    I'm happy my dealership is making it right but dissappointed in JD Corporate.
    Happy? I would be ecstatic. You have a great dealership. I myself would not expect them to go this far. I think actually JD corporate relies on their dealer networks for such service.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    02-10-2012 @ 07:08 AM
    Thanks

Thumbs down 62 dud

Hey guys just traded my 09 2520 for a new 2520. After the very first mow and happy as a kid at Christmas I removed my deck. Wow was I surprised, the transport brackets are missing. A call to customer service got me a run around. They basically said I had to talk to the dealer. The dealer asked for dealer technical assistance. They were informed that Deere stopped installing the brackets in Mar. 2010. The dealer offered to give me my old deck back. How kind of them. Now I have to install the loader to move the deck. I'm not happy and wish there was something we could do. I purchased the deck partially because of that feature. If this is a cost cutting measure it must be working. Look at Deere's quarterly earnings. I bleed Green and Yellow but it's starting to fade.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast