• 1 Post By SulleyBear
  • 3 Post By pmhgeneral

Thread: Original Tractor Cab with remote chute cap control

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks

Original Tractor Cab with remote chute cap control

Does anybody have the OTC with the remote chute cap control? I recently purchased and installed the OTC and suspected this would be an issue. There is a big gap on the left side of the tractor where the vinyl is held away from the tractor by the chute cable and arm. Thought I would see if anybody had come up with a solution for this before I try to fabricate something.

Side question. They threw in a 12v heater. I looked around at some options on where to put the thing and decided to just not bother as of this point. Anybody want to chime in on where they put theirs if they have one?
    wildbranch2007, PJR832 and rw580 like this.
    2017 1025R sporting turfs, 54" snowblower with remote chute kit, 54" auto connect MMM with mulch kit, H120 loader, 42" Titan forks, coolant heater and Original Tractor Cab.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 AM
    Thanks
    I have the OTC cab and it came with a bracket that clamped to the tube below the windshield for the cable housing to mount into. I only have one picture that shows where it is located at this time and I'm not at home for another day or two to take any more pictures. I just had to cut a small hole in the vinyl front panel to put the cable end through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06258.JPG  
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxified View Post

Side question. They threw in a 12v heater. I looked around at some options on where to put the thing and decided to just not bother as of this point. Anybody want to chime in on where they put theirs if they have one?
    I haven't opened the box on the heater yet, waiting on the picture above to see where to put it. Question to the others that installed this, the quality of the nuts and bolts provided were so bad that I stripped the first two bolts I tried to use, and I had tried all the nuts on all the bolts first and none of them would go on. I ended up spending $15.00 and buying SS bolts locally, the nuts from the SS bolts would work on the provided bolts. Any one else have a problem? I called their support number, left my information and never received a call back. Cab is nice, just a shame they didn't spend 8 or 10 dollars and include bolts that would work.
    rw580 likes this.
    2025r fel snowblower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Thanks
    This is how I installed the cable on a 2720 with an Original Cab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2123.jpg   DSCF2129.jpg   DSCF2124.jpg  
    ColonyPark, stg454 and Moxified like this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies! These are 2 series though. I know they are similar but I assume the cab frame is somewhat different and would assume roomier. I like the idea of bolting directly to the cab frame and ditching the long metal arm(which was bent and touched the hood when received). I'll have a look at mine and see if there is some similar way I could do that. I do find that the cable has a little more resistance than I expected and therefore it needs to be well supported.
    2017 1025R sporting turfs, 54" snowblower with remote chute kit, 54" auto connect MMM with mulch kit, H120 loader, 42" Titan forks, coolant heater and Original Tractor Cab.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxified View Post
    Does anybody have the OTC with the remote chute cap control? I recently purchased and installed the OTC and suspected this would be an issue. There is a big gap on the left side of the tractor where the vinyl is held away from the tractor by the chute cable and arm. Thought I would see if anybody had come up with a solution for this before I try to fabricate something.

The tractor has a 40amp alternator stock from John Deere and you can get a 55 Amp alternator for about $300 for the greater amperage output. Often, when owners are adding a cab, this is something which is encouraged because of the likely additional demand a cab can create with lights, wipers, heaters, etc. The good news in most of the new LED lights have a very low amp draw. But they do start to add up when the number of lights increases.

Personally, I would be very wary of using the "free Heater" without creating my own wiring harness with a really good fuse and power wire and control switch. My concern is that the heater will likely have a lot of amp draw and depending upon any other electrical demand on your tractor, the "free heater" could end up being very costly if it destroys your alternator or damages the electrical system.

Many of the items I am seeing imported from China are starting to get better in quality. Some, are actually impressive in their quality and use of good components, but many still are not of the quality I would want to use. If you feel comfortable with the heater and it's actual demands of power when wired into the system the by all means use it.

I would suggest putting it above the operator pedals to the right of the throttle lever as heat rises and you want the windshield clear. That side of the tractor is usually not the primary access to getting on and off the tractor, so the heater being on that side is less likely to be in your way.

I have known many people who used 12 volt electrical heaters and ended up with issues of either damaged wiring or it overloads their charging system. If you have a means to load test the actual draw by the heater when it's operating and can confirm how much power it uses, then I would feel better about using the electric heater in the cab.
    keane likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 05:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    I haven't opened the box on the heater yet, waiting on the picture above to see where to put it. Question to the others that installed this, the quality of the nuts and bolts provided were so bad that I stripped the first two bolts I tried to use, and I had tried all the nuts on all the bolts first and none of them would go on. I ended up spending $15.00 and buying SS bolts locally, the nuts from the SS bolts would work on the provided bolts. Any one else have a problem? I called their support number, left my information and never received a call back. Cab is nice, just a shame they didn't spend 8 or 10 dollars and include bolts that would work.
    I just finished installing my OT-Cab on my 1023E I know it maybe a little different from your cab but the problem you were having with the bolts and nuts if what you are referring to is the nut threads onto the bolt one turn or so that’s because they are locking nuts made that way so they don’t come loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 05:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    The tractor has a 40amp alternator stock from John Deere and you can get a 55 Amp alternator for about $300 for the greater amperage output. Often, when owners are adding a cab, this is something which is encouraged because of the likely additional demand a cab can create with lights, wipers, heaters, etc. The good news in most of the new LED lights have a very low amp draw. But they do start to add up when the number of lights increases.

Personally, I would be very wary of using the "free Heater" without creating my own wiring harness with a really good fuse and power wire and control switch. My concern is that the heater will likely have a lot of amp draw and depending upon any other electrical demand on your tractor, the "free heater" could end up being very costly if it destroys your alternator or damages the electrical system.

Many of the items I am seeing imported from China are starting to get better in quality. Some, are actually impressive in their quality and use of good components, but many still are not of the quality I would want to use. If you feel comfortable with the heater and it's actual demands of power when wired into the system the by all means use it.

I would suggest putting it above the operator pedals to the right of the throttle lever as heat rises and you want the windshield clear. That side of the tractor is usually not the primary access to getting on and off the tractor, so the heater being on that side is less likely to be in your way.

I have known many people who used 12 volt electrical heaters and ended up with issues of either damaged wiring or it overloads their charging system. If you have a means to load test the actual draw by the heater when it's operating and can confirm how much power it uses, then I would feel better about using the electric heater in the cab.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0617.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	520609
    This is how I mounted my heater top right corner, also put a separate power switch and inline fuse the switch is to kill power to heater when not in use because there is a led light that stays on all the time when wired detect. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0709.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	520617
    You also may want to do away with the cable and go power to operate the chute, the one I’m using is wireless it uses a key fob so that would solve your issue with your cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    chex313, blue87fj60 and joshn3448 like this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements