Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Bent H120 arm(s)? Dealer fault?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks

Bent H120 arm(s)? Dealer fault?

Evening everyone. Been a lurker for over a year and an owner for 8 or so months. Bought a 2017 1025r 60d h120. Loved this thing! And the forum! Read a lot here enjoy the info I have gathered especially the threads with implement building. Also a TTWT watcher(if any of you three see this thread, I enjoy your videos).

So to cut to the chase. 3-4 months into ownership, I had my loader on to move a fuel tank in my driveway to position it for fuel storage. Well I noticed my loader was dropping. Quick. Like 5+”/minute. So I had the dumb idea to remove the loader. Next day it’s practically on the floor with a puddle under one lift cylinder. Tried to put loader on could not get it. I called dealership told them and they said they would come and get it to fix it. Well they ended up forcing the loader on, somehow??? Tractor came home week later all fixed. 1000$ cylinder if anyone wonders

So now a couple months later. I put loader on first time to use. No problem. A month ago I need to do 50 hour service, take loader off in the yard and as I lift it off, it pops and jumps real quick at the last second. Well I think nothing of it(it’s in my yard witch is how level???). Fast forward to later time to put it away and the loader won’t go on quickly. It is lined up on one side not the other. I have to drive forward crooked to force the other side down into the mount so I could latch the loader on.

Yesterday I decide to take loader off in my barn, solid flat concrete floor. Loader lifts right off. I feel pleased, so I lower it back to the mounts and same scenario as before. In fact I decided to leave it off and move the tractor. I measured from ground to the mounting point of each side and sure enough I get an inch of difference. So...I feel like it could be bent and I don’t see it my fault given the wear obviously used when I wasn’t here.

Does this seem feasible ? Am I in the wrong ? How would any of you approach this ? What other testing should I do?

I love this tractor and loader but this is frustrating.

Thanks for reading this huge post.
    Gizmo2, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    1025r 60d and h120 with bucket. Quick hitch with barbell and weights for ballast.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

Forks soon. Blade for the loader. Rio mod.
    So much fun to be had!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PickupMan For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (12-23-2017)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PickupMan View Post
    Evening everyone. Been a lurker for over a year and an owner for 8 or so months. Bought a 2017 1025r 60d h120. Loved this thing! And the forum! Read a lot here enjoy the info I have gathered especially the threads with implement building. Also a TTWT watcher(if any of you three see this thread, I enjoy your videos).

So to cut to the chase. 3-4 months into ownership, I had my loader on to move a fuel tank in my driveway to position it for fuel storage. Well I noticed my loader was dropping. Quick. Like 5+”/minute. So I had the dumb idea to remove the loader. Next day it’s practically on the floor with a puddle under one lift cylinder. Tried to put loader on could not get it. I called dealership told them and they said they would come and get it to fix it. Well they ended up forcing the loader on, somehow??? Tractor came home week later all fixed. 1000$ cylinder if anyone wonders

So now a couple months later. I put loader on first time to use. No problem. A month ago I need to do 50 hour service, take loader off in the yard and as I lift it off, it pops and jumps real quick at the last second. Well I think nothing of it(it’s in my yard witch is how level???). Fast forward to later time to put it away and the loader won’t go on quickly. It is lined up on one side not the other. I have to drive forward crooked to force the other side down into the mount so I could latch the loader on.

Yesterday I decide to take loader off in my barn, solid flat concrete floor. Loader lifts right off. I feel pleased, so I lower it back to the mounts and same scenario as before. In fact I decided to leave it off and move the tractor. I measured from ground to the mounting point of each side and sure enough I get an inch of difference. So...I feel like it could be bent and I don’t see it my fault given the wear obviously used when I wasn’t here.

Does this seem feasible ? Am I in the wrong ? How would any of you approach this ? What other testing should I do?

I love this tractor and loader but this is frustrating.

Thanks for reading this huge post.
    If I read correctly, you are measuring while the loader is OFF the tractor. If this is what you are seeing, I wouldn't worry about that at all. Who cares what it is like when OFF the tractor :-)

Instead, put the loader on the tractor, find a perfectly level/flat place for measurement. I use my shed floor.
    Make sure that front wheels facing directly forward, set bucket cutting edge approximate 1" off the floor. See if it is the same distance on left and right sides.

Here is a video of me doing the exact test I describe.

https://youtu.be/rllqQlfOWVk?t=9m8s

Make sure you have consistent air pressure (in the tires) from left to right side.

Let us know how the tests go...

Tim
    Last edited by Tractor Tim; 12-23-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Tomfive, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Tim. I will try that tomorrow and report back.

Again. Nice videos. I believe in a video you said you bought your backhoe second hand?...if so any tips? The finance committee who is actually more me than wife couldn’t see it fitting into the budget when I bought the tractor but man after watching your videos I have so many projects I could use one for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Levi, BigJim55, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    1025r 60d and h120 with bucket. Quick hitch with barbell and weights for ballast.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

So much fun to be had!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

The bolded text above, did you measure the masts on the loader when it was parked or did you measure from the concrete floor to the mounting pads on the tractor? If you haven't, you should verify that the tractor is sitting level and the air pressure is correct in all 4 tires then measure from a flat surface to the mounting pads to make sure they are at the same height.

Tom
    BigJim55, ErikR, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

The bolded text above, did you measure the masts on the loader when it was parked or did you measure from the concrete floor to the mounting pads on the tractor? If you haven't, you should verify that the tractor is sitting level and the air pressure is correct in all 4 tires then measure from a flat surface to the mounting pads to make sure they are at the same height.

Tom
    Tom,

Good question. I measured in several different places. When I first tried this, the bucket cutting edge was off by an inch. I immediately panicked! Then, I realized that I had the backhoe attached, and leaned all the way to one side. I found that straightening the backhoe leveled it up. I also found that steering the front wheels made a difference.

Back to the measurements...I measured at the main loader masts (3 vertical bolts), I also measured at the round 'pipe' down near the 'curl hinge'.
    During my panic stage, I was measuring the tractor frame, etc...anything I could find to diagnose what I was convinced was a major problem!

Truth is, I think the only thing that matters is that the cutting edge contacts the ground in a level fashion. If this is accurate, then everything else will be fine.

Just my opinion.

Again, everything was fine with my loader. Once I got everything 'symmetrical' on the tractor, it was fine.
    BigJim55, Robnik and Fozsey like this.
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    It’s been a while since I checked tire pressure. Big weather change since then. I’ll be looking at that first.

Robnik and Fozsey like this.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

So much fun to be had!

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Tim. I will try that tomorrow and report back.

Again. Nice videos. I believe in a video you said you bought your backhoe second hand?...if so any tips? The finance committee who is actually more me than wife couldn’t see it fitting into the budget when I bought the tractor but man after watching your videos I have so many projects I could use one for!

I do have some advice. Be sure to do the transaction for used (but nearly new) Deere equipment at a Deere dealer. Even if the dealer charges $100 or so to make the transaction, you need to know that there is not a lien on the unit you are buying. I have always been nervous about that. Also, you'll know if it is stolen. Similar situation. If you take a stolen unit, or a lien defaulted unit to a Deere dealer for service, they will repossess that unit and leave you holding the proverbial bag.

It will likely be hard to find a 260 backhoe. You won't see many of them for sale, and when you do, you'll have the hassle of getting the subframe assembly, seat assembly, power beyond, etc installed on your tractor.

I am so thankful that we found this backhoe, because like you, I would not have bought one at full price. ...now that I have one, I would definitely buy one again.

"It beats a shovel" ...by a MILE!
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tractor Tim For This Useful Post:

PickupMan (12-23-2017)

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Evening everyone. Spent some time on the tractor today shuffling the barn around. First thing was to put the loader on. It went on...”ok” kinda drove crooked into it and it went on ok.

So. I aired all 4 tires. Found a flat spot in my barn. And started measuring. Unfortunately the bad news is holding true. She is definitely “off”. I will post several pics. Again looking for feedback on any type of improvement I can make to my checking. I don’t want to cry wolf or storm to the dealership for no reason. I absolutely want my tractor to be right and my head crooked.

After I was done. I was reading my manual for h120. I realized I forgot my 50 hour “re-torque” on my mounting bolts. So that will be coming as I have to get to my parents tomorrow and borrow my dads large socket set. If my mount was loose I could see that causing a problem but it feels snug.

Keep in mind I sit behind a keyboard all week and farming is mostly in my blood. I am FAR from an expert but have done my share of work on machines big and small.

First pic is placement of level in bucket, second picture is result, third picture is proof of concrete level ness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0405.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	515857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	515865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	515873

BigJim55 likes this.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

So much fun to be had!

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	515881Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0418.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	515889

Tractor was not moved at any time.

BigJim55 likes this.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

So much fun to be had!

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks

Name:	IMG_0431.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	515897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	515905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	515913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	515921

4x tire pressure.

Then an alternative gauge.

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	515929

BigJim55 likes this.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

So much fun to be had!

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast