• 1 Post By BarryNWa
  • 1 Post By Radsbee

Thread: First Use of Mauser Cab with Snowblower

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 12:45 AM
    Thanks

First Use of Mauser Cab with Snowblower

Merry Christmas! We received two inches of snow here in Yakima for Christmas. It gave me the opportunity to clear my asphalt driveway in my new Mauser cab. In less than a half hour the driveway was cleared of snow. I VERY much enjoy the warmth and comfort of the Mauser cab. I also highly recommend getting the remote electrical piston on the discharge chute. It allows you to control everything from inside the cab. Here are some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2084.JPG   IMG_2085.JPG   IMG_2086.JPG   IMG_2087.JPG   IMG_2088.JPG  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    Nice setup. Looks great.
    Levi, OxPath, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Thanks
    This is mother nature showing how cruel it can be. As a young lad growing up in the 60s in Minnesota we experienced unbelievably harsh winters with little or no power equipment to move snow. My grandfather had a John Deere A with an old wing snow plow that helped immensely but he often times spent the winter in Texas and I was a little too young to start the old "A". And with no power steering and hand clutch it was too much for me. Our snow removal system was my brother and I with two steel, not aluminum, shovels. And of course it blew in nearly as fast as we shoveled.

So now, we have these beautiful tractors with nice cabs and two stage snowblowers that can clear out a 2' snow fall in no time. So what happens, we get 2" of snow instead. For people who hate snow I'm sure they think this is just fine. But for me, who still like to play in the snow, (winter is my favorite season) these soft winters are depressing.

I'm sure if I sold the 4066r, the 1026r and the two snowmobiles winter would return to Minnesota. But while I am a bit superstitious I would hate to get caught without the right equipment. So guess I will keep everything for now and hopefully mother nature returns to make winter memorable again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tweivoda View Post
    This is mother nature showing how cruel it can be. As a young lad growing up in the 60s in Minnesota we experienced unbelievably harsh winters with little or no power equipment to move snow. My grandfather had a John Deere A with an old wing snow plow that helped immensely but he often times spent the winter in Texas and I was a little too young to start the old "A". And with no power steering and hand clutch it was too much for me. Our snow removal system was my brother and I with two steel, not aluminum, shovels. And of course it blew in nearly as fast as we shoveled.

So now, we have these beautiful tractors with nice cabs and two stage snowblowers that can clear out a 2' snow fall in no time. So what happens, we get 2" of snow instead. For people who hate snow I'm sure they think this is just fine. But for me, who still like to play in the snow, (winter is my favorite season) these soft winters are depressing.

I'm sure if I sold the 4066r, the 1026r and the two snowmobiles winter would return to Minnesota. But while I am a bit superstitious I would hate to get caught without the right equipment. So guess I will keep everything for now and hopefully mother nature returns to make winter memorable again.
    Have you thought about some kind of therapy? Much better medications and treatments available, then back when you had that old JD A.
    Levi, BigJim55 and BarryNWa like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Thanks
    Wow very nice
    BarryNWa likes this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,410 Posts
    The Mauser cab is tremendous. I am getting a workout with mine. I am at 73 hours of total time and I had 25 hours up to the 12th of December, and nearly 50 hours since plowing snow.

Did you put a radio in yours? I use the Bluetooth Headphones to listen to the satellite radio and even when I am out spreading snow melt or using the shovel at a couple of places, the music keeps playing when i am 50 feet from the tractor. Pretty cool. I also have my phone synced through the radio and there is a microphone installed in the headliner where the right hand switches are located.

I fretted and pondered and pontificated and stressed over whether to spend the money on the cab. What an incredible waste of my time. My advice to anyone who asks, Buy the Mauser Cab, you won't be sorry.......

Here is just one of the many benefits......I installed a remote thermometer with the outside unit on the underside of my Imatch hitch, facing down. The main unit is just to the left of the seat and held there with 2 small velcro strips on the back of the unit......The numbers say everything.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171228_093914938.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	518970

Name:	IMG_20171225_144505807.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	518978

We have gotten 8" inches of snow since 9am today when I finished plowing. We are now in a Winter Storm warning through Monday night. 8" to 12" tonight by morning and another 12 to 18 inches by Monday. Also, blowing and drifting winds at 25 mph to 30mph with gusts to 40 mph......Drifts to 3 feet or more by this time tomorrow night. They said "local amounts could be much heavier and expect lake effect areas to receive snow at the rate of 2" per hour..........(That's my area........,.)

As far as the cost of the cab, my plowing receivables will have paid for the cab in less than 3 weeks, which is better than I ever thought it would be. I have already plowed more this month than I did all last winter. Making great use of the cab, that's for sure........

The Mauser product is really well made and the fit and finish is superb. I couldn't be happier.......

Hope you get the use out of your cab I am seeing with mine................

P.S. - I strongly encourage you to add the rear view camera to the cab like I did to mine. It's a tremendous safety item and makes seeing behind you much easier and even backing into the garage, etc,. you will have perfect sight. I use it as much as I look out the windshield..........I covered it in the thread about the impressions of my new 1025R.........
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 12-29-2017 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added content
    etcallhome, Levi, mark02tj and 3 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

BarryNWa (12-30-2017)

10. Top | #7
    Jep

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Agreed, you will not be disappointed, unless you own a backhoe, then a rather large disappointment.
    Levi and BarryNWa like this.
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-22-2018 @ 12:20 PM
    Thanks
    I've had mine for a few weeks now and have had enough snow in Ontario Canada to fully road test it. I almost cook in it if I dress for winter lol and have learned what to wear in the comfort of the cab. Didnt get the radio because my headset works good drowning out the engine noise and I thought I'd have to have the radio way too loud to make it worthwhile. A great fun investment and an invaluable tool in my arsenal! Enjoy yours!

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    The Mauser cab is tremendous. I am getting a workout with mine. I am at 73 hours of total time and I had 25 hours up to the 12th of December, and nearly 50 hours since plowing snow.

Did you put a radio in yours? I use the Bluetooth Headphones to listen to the satellite radio and even when I am out spreading snow melt or using the shovel at a couple of places, the music keeps playing when i am 50 feet from the tractor. Pretty cool. I also have my phone synced through the radio and there is a microphone installed in the headliner where the right hand switches are located.

I fretted and pondered and pontificated and stressed over whether to spend the money on the cab. What an incredible waste of my time. My advice to anyone who asks, Buy the Mauser Cab, you won't be sorry.......

Here is just one of the many benefits......I installed a remote thermometer with the outside unit on the underside of my Imatch hitch, facing down. The main unit is just to the left of the seat and held there with 2 small velcro strips on the back of the unit......The numbers say everything.....

We have gotten 8" inches of snow since 9am today when I finished plowing. We are now in a Winter Storm warning through Monday night. 8" to 12" tonight by morning and another 12 to 18 inches by Monday. Also, blowing and drifting winds at 25 mph to 30mph with gusts to 40 mph......Drifts to 3 feet or more by this time tomorrow night. They said "local amounts could be much heavier and expect lake effect areas to receive snow at the rate of 2" per hour..........(That's my area........,.)

As far as the cost of the cab, my plowing receivables will have paid for the cab in less than 3 weeks, which is better than I ever thought it would be. I have already plowed more this month than I did all last winter. Making great use of the cab, that's for sure........

The Mauser product is really well made and the fit and finish is superb. I couldn't be happier.......

P.S. - I strongly encourage you to add the rear view camera to the cab like I did to mine. It's a tremendous safety item and makes seeing behind you much easier and even backing into the garage, etc,. you will have perfect sight. I use it as much as I look out the windshield..........I covered it in the thread about the impressions of my new 1025R.........
    etcallhome, Levi, mark02tj and 1 others like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RacerDogs For This Useful Post:

BarryNWa (12-30-2017)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 12:45 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post

No, I didn't get the radio and I don't plan on getting one installed. I too use radio headphones (Peltor). I'm totally pleased with my cab. I added the LED rear light kit (($120) and am pending getting the rear safety beacon. Hopefully, I won't get overworked moving snow this year but if I do, I'll be comfortable.
    Levi likes this.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:15 AM
    Thanks
    Very nice looking cab, the Mauser cab was not available when I bought mine. I have the Tektite on mine and love it as well. Will be getting some seat time the next couple of days as they are calling for 20" of snow with 60 mph winds. Lots of snow. I love playing in the snow
    BarryNWa likes this.
    Don

2016 1025R w/Tektite cab
    h120 FEL 53"
    54" Blower
    weight box
    IMatch quick hitch
    3" Edge Tamers and Edge Extenders
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks,Differential Pedal Extension and Seat Spring Upgrade

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements