2015 1025r rear work light and aux lights
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2015 1025r rear work light and aux lights

  1. Top | #1
    gtmedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 07:48 AM
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    2015 1025r rear work light and aux lights

    Iíve tried to figure out based on other postings how to connect the wires for the rear work light and the aux lights. I have all of the wires run down through the ROPS, but now I have 8 wires and only 4 bullet connectors on the tractor harness.

    The instructions do not have a provision for the 1025r. Can anyone help me?


    The two wiring harnesses that came with the rear light.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    BigJim55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:30 PM
    Location
    Schellsburg, PA
    Posts
    11,234
    Thanks
    3,035
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmedic View Post
    Iíve tried to figure out based on other postings how to connect the wires for the rear work light and the aux lights. I have all of the wires run down through the ROPS, but now I have 8 wires and only 4 bullet connectors on the tractor harness.

    The instructions do not have a provision for the 1025r. Can anyone help me?


    The two wiring harnesses that came with the rear light.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    i think u need the same bullet connectors to hook them up-i think. and IIRC fellas was able to get them at Napa stores. them wires u have laying there? did u unhook them from ur tractor? mine came with the light kit i bought from jd back then. but then when i bought the work light, they forgot to add that one, and they had to send me one. mine looked like urs.
    jim

    2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

    2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

  4. Top | #3
    gtmedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 07:48 AM
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Those came with the rear work light. I have 4 bullet connectors on the tractor for the rear flashers. Those are black (female) and gray, green, orange (male).


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    On my 2305 the harness that came with the rear light was sort of a Y and let you split off for the rear light and front lights. I think the tractor had one pair of bullet connectors. The front light harness was a Y harness that plugged into that. The rear Y harness plugs into it to add a leg. Two "forks" in the wiring if you will.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Top | #5
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,032
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Those are splitters. Plug the single end into an existing harness connector and it will give you TWO connections for lights. So all totaled you can plug FOUR lights into TWO connections.
    ejb69, romcjr, TJR345 and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  8. Top | #6
    ejb69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:04 AM
    Location
    Green Bay / Pembine Wi
    Posts
    2,274
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 126 Times in 122 Posts
    I installed the front and rear jd light kits on my 1026r for a shortly after getting it. With the 2 kits I ended up with 3 lights. I ended up with an extra splitter that was included with the kits, but wasn't needed. The lights simply plug into the tractors harness . Should be a pair of unused plugs near the bottom of the ROPs.
    PJR832 and gtmedic like this.
    Eric

    2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

  9. Top | #7
    romcjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 04:17 PM
    Location
    Waller,TX.
    Posts
    1,121
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 150 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Those are splitters. Plug the single end into an existing harness connector and it will give you TWO connections for lights. So all totaled you can plug FOUR lights into TWO connections.
    ^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^
    I only used one splitter when I installed mine as I only put one work light .
    PJR832 likes this.
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

    2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to romcjr For This Useful Post:

    gtmedic†(12-26-2017)

  11. Top | #8
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    10,032
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    I installed the front and rear jd light kits on my 1026r for a shortly after getting it. With the 2 kits I ended up with 3 lights. I ended up with an extra splitter that was included with the kits, but wasn't needed. The lights simply plug into the tractors harness . Should be a pair of unused plugs near the bottom of the ROPs.
    Hang on to that extra splitter. JD wants $28 each for those.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

    gtmedic†(12-26-2017)

  13. Top | #9
    gtmedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Online
    10-13-2019 @ 07:48 AM
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    I installed the front and rear jd light kits on my 1026r for a shortly after getting it. With the 2 kits I ended up with 3 lights. I ended up with an extra splitter that was included with the kits, but wasn't needed. The lights simply plug into the tractors harness . Should be a pair of unused plugs near the bottom of the ROPs.
    Thatís what I am doing. I get plugging the left aux light and rear work light into the harness/splitter. But where does the other end plug into then? I have 4 connectors coming from the tractor to the flashers, which have 4 wires (3 male, 1 female). So unless I am missing something from the instructions I am still 2 bullet connectors short when it comes time to finish the job.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. Top | #10
    blue87fj60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    2,696
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 356 Times in 278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmedic View Post
    Thatís what I am doing. I get plugging the left aux light and rear work light into the harness/splitter. But where does the other end plug into then? I have 4 connectors coming from the tractor to the flashers, which have 4 wires (3 male, 1 female). So unless I am missing something from the instructions I am still 2 bullet connectors short when it comes time to finish the job.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm a little confused by your question.
    I do know there is a factory purple and black bullet connect blanked off down near the base of the ROPS for auxiliary lights on the 1025. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts