• 2 Post By Southsidehacker

Thread: Frontier SB1154 and 1025r Question - Hydraulics

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks

Frontier SB1154 and 1025r Question - Hydraulics

Hello,

New to the forum and the 1025r. I use my bucket for moving snow around the yard and a rear mounted blower to clear the driveway. I used to use an X320 with a front mount blower and it managed to do the job some days. The 1025r makes things much easier!

Just curious is there a kit I can purchase to make the SB1154 work with my rear hydraulic hookup? I would like to rotate the chute and angle the deflector if possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Hydraulic deflector

Part Number: 5RDF0048A
    Part Price: 369.36 USD
    On Hand: 0 (Supplier Direct - Contact your dealer for availaibility) Check Other Stores
    Description: Deflector - SB11 HYDR CHUTE DEFLECTOR
    Package Quantity: 1

Electric deflector

Part Number: 5RDF0049A
    Part Price: 1,067.04 USD
    On Hand: 0 (Supplier Direct - Contact your dealer for availaibility) Check Other Stores
    Description: Deflector - SB11 ELEC CHUTE DEFLECTOR
    Package Quantity:

Hydraulic Rotation

Part Number: 5RDF0047
    Part Price: 686.88 USD
    Description: Hydraulic Cylinder - HYDRAULIC CHUTE ROTATION

For comparison, I see on the Mutton site that if you would have ordered the options with the blower these are the prices:

Hydraulic rotation: $325
    Hydraulic deflector: $280
    Electric deflector: $800

You could always contact them to see if these are kits that can be added later.
    Last edited by jgayman; 12-30-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Hydraulic deflector

Part Number: 5RDF0048A
    Part Price: 369.36 USD
    Description: Deflector - SB11 HYDR CHUTE DEFLECTOR

Electric deflector

Part Number: 5RDF0049A
    Part Price: 1,067.04 USD
    Description: Deflector - SB11 ELEC CHUTE DEFLECTOR
    Package Quantity:

Hydraulic Rotation

Part Number: 5RDF0047
    Part Price: 686.88 USD
    Description: Hydraulic Cylinder - HYDRAULIC CHUTE ROTATION
    Thanks very much! My dealer told me it wasn't possible and I wanted to make sure.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    It also depends on your definition of “rear hydraulics”

Do you have a 3rd scv?, power beyond? or a aftermarket remote valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 07:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    Thanks very much! My dealer told me it wasn't possible and I wanted to make sure.
    Your dealer is feeding you a line obviously. Here's the full parts breakdown for your blower (and replacement parts). I have the first version of the blower and find it to be well built and it will outlast me.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southsidehacker View Post
    It also depends on your definition of “rear hydraulics”

Do you have a 3rd scv?, power beyond? or a aftermarket remote valve?

Sorry this is a new endeavour for me. Not sure what any of that means.

Ask me how to fix someone in cardiac arrest and I can tell you everything to try, but what you just asked I have no clue lol.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    Your dealer is feeding you a line obviously. Here's the full parts breakdown for your blower (and replacement parts). I have the first version of the blower and find it to be well built and it will outlast me.
    Thanks!

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 07:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post

Sorry this is a new endeavour for me. Not sure what any of that means.

Ask me how to fix someone in cardiac arrest and I can tell you everything to try, but what you just asked I have no clue lol.

What he's asking is, you said that your tractor has a rear hydraulic hook up. Each one he listed is a different method to get hydraulic power to the rear of the tractor. Here's a detail of many rear hydraulic options, but not all.

The 3rd SCV (selective control valve = hydraulic connection), this is one type http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ml#post2141922, I have this one installed. I see the link in the post is not right, here's the kit.

Power byond system is primarily used with the rear backhoe, and sometimes used to provide hydraulic power to the aftermarket remote which is another type of SCV usually with many outlets. The power beyond itself does not have a "typical" hydraulic connection or control, it provides full flow to a seperate control block (backhoe controls) or aftermarket block with valve controls and implement connections. Scan the full post listed above and it may make more sense.

Another option for rear hydraulic service is to simply have lines that run from the loader control (below your right foot) to the rear. The problem with this is the loader requires all 4 ports, and the rear connections cannot be used at the same time as the front.

It is important to know what you have to get a full picture of what you would like to do.

If this still doesn't add up, take and post a picture and we can help you out.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    What he's asking is, you said that your tractor has a rear hydraulic hook up. Each one he listed is a different method to get hydraulic power to the rear of the tractor. Here's a detail of many rear hydraulic options, but not all.

The 3rd SCV (selective control valve = hydraulic connection), this is one type http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...ml#post2141922, I have this one installed. I see the link in the post is not right, here's the kit.

Power byond system is primarily used with the rear backhoe, and sometimes used to provide hydraulic power to the aftermarket remote which is another type of SCV usually with many outlets. The power beyond itself does not have a "typical" hydraulic connection or control, it provides full flow to a seperate control block (backhoe controls) or aftermarket block with valve controls and implement connections. Scan the full post listed above and it may make more sense.

Another option for rear hydraulic service is to simply have lines that run from the loader control (below your right foot) to the rear. The problem with this is the loader requires all 4 ports, and the rear connections cannot be used at the same time as the front.

It is important to know what you have to get a full picture of what you would like to do.

If this still doesn't add up, take and post a picture and we can help you out.
    That clears things up. Let me do some reading and I'll be back.

I would like to retain front bucket operation and not affect backhoe connections if possible as I use it during the summer.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Ok, you mentioned you have a backhoe, so it’s likely you only have a power beyond connection at the rear of your tractor. My understanding is Deere’s third scv is not compatible with power beyond. So your dealer isn’t misleading you by saying there’s nothing you can do...... he’s right....kinda. There isn’t a option to control your blower chute and deflector hydraulics and maintain full loader control using parts offered from John Deere. One option would be to add aftermarket valves to the rear of your tractor. This would allow your power beyond loop to be maintained for backhoe operation. Unfortunately the aftermarket is not supported with a “kit” that allows this to be done easily. You’ll have to source your own fittings, valves, bracketry and hoses. There are a couple of great threads on here documenting installs and there is also a PowerPoint presentation on Fit-Rite hydraulics site showing what’s involved. Unfortunately Brian is no longer offering the components required to make this happen but it gives you an idea of what’s involved. Not sure if you have a cab or not but I’ve never seen aftermarket valves installed with one.

Ray_PA and 56Nine like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements