1 Series View Outside from the Cab
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: 1 Series View Outside from the Cab

  1. Top | #1
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,721
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts

    1 Series View Outside from the Cab

    After 11 years of trying my hardest to work with the wind while snow blowing, I've decided I'd like to seriously look at buying a cab or some sort of enclosure for my 1026R. There are many factors I want to take into consideration, so this is just the beginning of a process. I have been used to a mostly unobstructed view from the seat. My biggest enemy has been too many clothes, mainly scarves, face masks, googles, hats and hoods. They impede my ability to see what is going on around me. With a cab I would be looking to lessen/minimize that but I don't want to trade it for a cramped setting with a lot of obstructions to looks through. I am hoping some of you with cabs might share what your view looks like from behind the wheel. I am interested in the view out the front, sides and back. I have searched here and YouTube and can find all sort of vids and pics looking at the cab from the outside (Tractor Time with Tim's video had a little bit of looking out), I'm interested in the opposite. Right now I am focused on the Original Cab, and the new Seizmik cab. However like I said, this is a process and my focus and budget could shift, so all cabs are welcome, maybe it will benefit others besides me. Thanks!
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,191
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,273 Posts
    When I think about a cab for my tractor the first thing that comes to mind is being cramped. The operatorís station is already cramped to me without a cab. Of course I am used to full size equipment.

    For that reason I would suggest you see if you can find a dealer or two that has a cabbed 1-series for you to sit in. Or maybe another member here within driving distance - a road trip perhaps?

    This would also give you a definite answer to your main concern of visibility.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark†(01-10-2018)

  5. Top | #3
    Daveb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 AM
    Location
    SE North Dakota
    Posts
    300
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts
    Hi, unfortunately I can't create a video of how the view is from inside my Original Cab right now as the tractor is in North Dakota and I'm in Texas for the winter. I can tell you I have great visibility from inside when operating the tractor and blowing snow. The clear panels on the front below the windshield allow me to see the front tires and the panels in the doors provide very good visibility on either side. The rear panel is large and provides good visibility to the back when I am using the rear blade. Mine is on a 2320 but should be very much like what you would get. I've attached a picture of the unit from the outside which will show what mine looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06783.JPG
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daveb For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark†(01-10-2018)

  7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  8. Top | #4
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,721
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    When I think about a cab for my tractor the first thing that comes to mind is being cramped. The operatorís station is already cramped to me without a cab. Of course I am used to full size equipment.

    For that reason I would suggest you see if you can find a dealer or two that has a cabbed 1-series for you to sit in. Or maybe another member here within driving distance - a road trip perhaps?

    This would also give you a definite answer to your main concern of visibility.

    Yes I don't want to be cramped either. I have always liked the looks of the Mauser, Tektite, etc. with all the glass. I used a neighbor's factory cabbed Kubota a few times and never felt cramped or closed in and the view was great. So that is why I mentioned the budget could change. This is something I'll use for a good portion of the year and have for a long time, so maybe spending the extra isn't the worst idea. All just food for thought. A GTT road trip sounds like fun.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    Hi, unfortunately I can't create a video of how the view is from inside my Original Cab right now as the tractor is in North Dakota and I'm in Texas for the winter. I can tell you I have great visibility from inside when operating the tractor and blowing snow. The clear panels on the front below the windshield allow me to see the front tires and the panels in the doors provide very good visibility on either side. The rear panel is large and provides good visibility to the back when I am using the rear blade. Mine is on a 2320 but should be very much like what you would get. I've attached a picture of the unit from the outside which will show what mine looks like.

    Thanks Dave!!! Those front pillars on the side of the Original Cab windshield are what bother me the most. They just look so wide and like they'd often be in my line of sight.
    etcallhome, pcabe5, Levi and 5 others like this.
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  9. Top | #5
    DRobinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:31 AM
    Location
    Northeastern PA
    Posts
    10,664
    Thanks
    2,119
    Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,446 Posts
    Don't forget that when you are blowing snow without the cab your vision is seriously hampered with snow, ice and other crap on your glasses or goggles, to say nothing of them fogging over.
    Don

    2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

  10. Top | #6
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,721
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Don't forget that when you are blowing snow without the cab your vision is seriously hampered with snow, ice and other crap on your glasses or goggles, to say nothing of them fogging over.
    You're right. I added goggles to my arsenal years ago and they have lost the anti fog capabilities. So between all the clothes and now foggy goggles, I feel my ability to operate safely is somewhat hampered.
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  11. Top | #7
    j. white's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    northern indiana
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    CP, I have a 1025R with a Curtis Cab and I love it. I am 6'2" and 190 and do not feel cramped in any way. If I forget to tilt the steering wheel up, it can feel tight until I'm seated. As a matter of fact, I've often thought the cab was too tall, I can nearly stand up in there. I have never attached a video but I would be happy to attempt one after lunch. One thing to consider is that you don't need to be bundled up in a cab. I don't need gloves and most often end up removing my light hoodie too because if I'm doing lots of plowing, I get hot so jeans and a t-shirt are my usual dress.
    pcabe5, ColonyPark, Levi and 10 others like this.
    joe white

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to j. white For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark†(01-10-2018)

  13. Top | #8
    j. white's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Location
    northern indiana
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    I wanted to add, good hearing protection is a must. Once you have the doors and windows closed, all the tractor's sound is trapped in there with you.
    joe white

  14. Top | #9
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,721
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j. white View Post
    CP, I have a 1025R with a Curtis Cab and I love it. I am 6'2" and 190 and do not feel cramped in any way. If I forget to tilt the steering wheel up, it can feel tight until I'm seated. As a matter of fact, I've often thought the cab was too tall, I can nearly stand up in there. I have never attached a video but I would be happy to attempt one after lunch. One thing to consider is that you don't need to be bundled up in a cab. I don't need gloves and most often end up removing my light hoodie too because if I'm doing lots of plowing, I get hot so jeans and a t-shirt are my usual dress.

    Thanks Joe. If I could go out in my Carhartt, jeans and insulated boots and mittens and a light hat, I'd be good. I'm hoping to lose the ski pants, face mask, googles, scarf and hood.
    pcabe5, Levi, OxPath and 3 others like this.
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  15. Top | #10
    Maineguy77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    11-18-2018 @ 02:44 PM
    Location
    Aroostook County, Maine
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 4 Posts
    I went with the original cab because I do not want a cab in tbe summer. With my heater it works great. 6ft 225 here and not cramped at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12203_1515622878637.jpg

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Maineguy77 For This Useful Post:

    ColonyPark†(01-10-2018)

  17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts