Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Curtis Cab question

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-23-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks

Curtis Cab question

The Curtis cab looks like a very solid piece of equipment (very pricey too). I have a couple of questions that my dealer doesn't have a ready answer for.

1. Back Hoe - will the Curtis hard side or soft side work well with a back hoe? My dealer sales rep told me that they recommend keeping the cab on year round so I am curious about the cab being on and using the back hoe? Is it easy, after the initial installation, to remove parts of the cab?

2. Garage? My tractor without the ROPS being lowered doesn't fit under the garage door opening, it is close but no go. It looks as if the cab is not attached to the upper part of the ROPS and that looks like enough clearance to me - does anyone have experience with parking the tractor with cab mounted inside a standard residential garage?

The cab is very expensive and while I can see buying it it has to last a long time to make it worth while. It looks the best to me but it is a lot of money so I like to get some different views on issues like this

Thanks in advance for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Howdy Aircav.....I'm interested as well (I'm also located in Milford but out by the Metropark.)
    -Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    02-26-2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    I was told by curtis industries that only the rear soft curtain will work with the backhoe. I asked if they will be addressing this issue on the 1025r filb to compete with the bx25d and now other models. I was told not at this time but we'll look into it, after of course explaining what filb meant. I emailed them last fall so who knows when they will get around to it. Sorry I can't answer number 2 but I'm sure somebody will chime in shortly.
    2013 4720 with 400cx loader and 4-n-1 bucket ,485 backhoe with 18" bucket. Soon to come Artillian HD forks,TSC 7' tiller,I- match,Hydraulic box blade,frontier rear 7' snowblower,7' frontier snow blade and root grapple. SOLD2013 John Deere 1025r filb with alot of #hit that's more than 500 characters apparently!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 2,507 Posts
    I can't really answer your questions, but it may help others to know what tractor we are talking about?

Oh, and Welcome to GTT!
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

1025r tlb

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I can't really answer your questions, but it may help others to know what tractor we are talking about?

Oh, and Welcome to GTT!
    My oversight, it is a 1025R TLB

Thanks for the welcome!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

Fellow Michigander

Quote Originally Posted by sstlaure View Post
    Howdy Aircav.....I'm interested as well (I'm also located in Milford but out by the Metropark.)
    I am East of you, just east of Lake Sherwood off of Commerce Road, so technically I am in Commerce Twp but more folks recognize Milford

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    12-18-2018 @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks

Garage w/curtis cab

Quote Originally Posted by AirCav View Post
    The Curtis cab looks like a very solid piece of equipment (very pricey too). I have a couple of questions that my dealer doesn't have a ready answer for.

1. Back Hoe - will the Curtis hard side or soft side work well with a back hoe? My dealer sales rep told me that they recommend keeping the cab on year round so I am curious about the cab being on and using the back hoe? Is it easy, after the initial installation, to remove parts of the cab?

2. Garage? My tractor without the ROPS being lowered doesn't fit under the garage door opening, it is close but no go. It looks as if the cab is not attached to the upper part of the ROPS and that looks like enough clearance to me - does anyone have experience with parking the tractor with cab mounted inside a standard residential garage?

The cab is very expensive and while I can see buying it it has to last a long time to make it worth while. It looks the best to me but it is a lot of money so I like to get some different views on issues like this

Thanks in advance for any help
    I have a hard-sided curtis cab on a 1023 e, it's 81 1/8'' high,i,park in a garage with a 7' high opening,i also have a heater that sure is nice when i'm out blowing snow for 45 mins ,when it's about 10 degree's out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NNYRandy For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (08-05-2014)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AirCav View Post
    I am East of you, just east of Lake Sherwood off of Commerce Road, so technically I am in Commerce Twp but more folks recognize Milford
    I'm FAR west side - technically Brighton Twp - Heck - I'm not even in the right county (Livingston, not Oakland) but still have a Milford address.

Welcome to GTT

-Scott-

2014 1025R - 60D 7-Iron MMM, H120 53" FEL/Ballast Box, Ken's hooks and Piranha toothbar, BB2048L Boxblade, 54" snowblade Quick-tatch w/full hydraulic lift/tilt.

You don't have to outrun the bear......just the other campers

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    04-22-2018 @ 02:24 AM
    Thanks

I have a Curtis hardside cab and love it. I have 8' high doors so I have no problem getting my 2320 in the garage. I take it apart piece by piece in the spring and put it back together on a pallet. Takes me a couple of hours to do. As long as your handy.......you shouldn't have a problem.
    Bob

2011 JD 2320, 200CX FEL, 62D MMM, Artillian Pallet Forks, 54" Front Mount Snowblower, Curtis Hard Side Cab, Ballast Box, HF Quick Hitch, 40 Gallon Fimco 3PTH Sprayer,

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks

Cab decision

I think I am going to og with the Curtis soft sided cab. My dealer tells me that with the back hoe that is the best solution.

Any thoughts/comments before I call the dealer?

Mike

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast