Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Raising back of seat on 1025r

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,579 Posts

Raising back of seat on 1025r

Here are a few photos of factory hex bolt and bolt installed top of my bolt had 8.8 on head if any help. Grandson used a 1/2" wrench to tighten the bolt

In first photo you can see the front factory hex head bolt and the bolt I installed on back of seat with the 3 washers between seat bottom and seat frame. Depending you could use 4,5,2,1 or what ever amount you find comfortable. I may change mine and add one more washer on each side.
    You could use a larger nut and insert it between the frame instead of using washers.. ,or anything else that would add some height.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2007.JPG   DSCN2010.JPG   DSCN2011.JPG   DSCN2012.JPG   DSCN2013.JPG  

Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

fuelhog2000 (08-09-2014), Levi (08-09-2014)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-03-2018 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Here are a few photos of factory hex bolt and bolt installed top of my bolt had 8.8 on head if any help. Grandson used a 1/2" wrench to tighten the bolt

In first photo you can see the front factory hex head bolt and the bolt I installed on back of seat with the 3 washers between seat bottom and seat frame. Depending you could use 4,5,2,1 or what ever amount you find comfortable. I may change mine and add one more washer on each side.
    You could use a larger nut and insert it between the frame instead of using washers.. ,or anything else that would add some height.
    So from my understanding is you removed the button head socket head cap screw and installed the longer hex head bolt with washers for spacers.
    Just wondering why you raised the back of the seat?

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 01:05 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Haven't really looked at my tractor about this yet, which I'll be doing on Monday. But I'm wondering, does this make you feel like you're sitting down hill? I'd like to bring the top of the back of the seat forward if it's possible in a more up-right position. Not sure this is possible without bending the L shaped bracket that hooks the seat and the back together. Anybody have any ideas?
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    03-01-2019 @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Red badger View Post
    So from my understanding is you removed the button head socket head cap screw and installed the longer hex head bolt with washers for spacers.
    Just wondering why you raised the back of the seat?
    In my opinion the rear of the seat tilts back too much. This longer bolt allows you to sit a little more upright.
    2011 1026R 54"MMM, D120 loader w/snowbucket and bucket quick attach conversion, 5' bush hog, middlebuster, 260 backhoe
    Remember: Too tight is two pieces

8. Top | #5
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I think it is pretty cool that your grandson was helping!! And better still that he was working and you were taking photos!!
    DRobinson and Levi like this.
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Haven't really looked at my tractor about this yet, which I'll be doing on Monday. But I'm wondering, does this make you feel like you're sitting down hill? I'd like to bring the top of the back of the seat forward if it's possible in a more up-right position. Not sure this is possible without bending the L shaped bracket that hooks the seat and the back together. Anybody have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by fuelhog2000 View Post
    In my opinion the rear of the seat tilts back too much. This longer bolt allows you to sit a little more upright.
    That is the reason for the washers to put the seat more upright. That is why I was saying you can put as long of bolt or as many washers , nuts or what ever thickness you may need or what to make the back of the seat more upright. I did not have to loosen the front hex nuts of seat in order to put the washers in place. Once you remove the two back hex bolts just use a large screwdriver or small pry bar to get the washers in place. Once the washers are in place on one side put the bolt in so you don't loose them.

I agree I always felt like the top back of seat up tilled back way to far.

Always felt like I had to have the seat so close , to see everything and then had no leg room. Now seat can be pushed back setting upright and plenty of leg room.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmgirl19 View Post
    I think it is pretty cool that your grandson was helping!! And better still that he was working and you were taking photos!!
    Both of them have been here this weekend so needed something to do. The oldest one was with me (11) and youngest (7) was helping grandma icing cupcakes. They both drove the tractor and we loaded dirt with fel. , we went to a National Pike Steam show near Brownsville, Pa. yesterday.

National_Pike_212 » Page 1 of 7 ,oh they had a good time , both got to use a (bad word ) Kubota bx25 bh......
    Valley Boy likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post

For us people that don't have a backhoe, we can't do what you did as we don't have all that stuff you have on the bottom of your seat. Till I came back in and looked this thread up and looked at the pics I thought I was missing something. Well I guess I am missing something, a backhoe. :empathy3: So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Levi For This Useful Post:

Red badger (08-11-2014)

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-03-2018 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    For us people that don't have a backhoe, we can't do what you did as we don't have all that stuff you have on the bottom of your seat. Till I came back in and looked this thread up and looked at the pics I thought I was missing something. Well I guess I am missing something, a backhoe. :empathy3: So I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.
    That's why things looked different to me also, no BH.
    I'm fine with the seat myself , but when I looked at it you should be able to go to the bolts holding the seat mounting frame , but they will hard to get access to.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yah I really don't want to raise the back of the seat. I like it as is but I would like to have the back rest to be more in the up right position if you know what I mean. After looking at it I don't think it can be done with out some heat or cutting and welding and I'm no welder.

NRA Life Member

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast