1025R Can't put into Lock position ?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Traction
  • 2 Post By ddinham

Thread: 1025R Can't put into Lock position ?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks

1025R Can't put into Lock position ?

Hey all . I've had my scut for a couple of weeks now and through this forum , have gone through the deck adjustments to level the cut height . But for some reason I can't (not even when new) get the height adjustment knob to turn into lock position . It just barely will reach to the max height of cut position . I don't want to force it or turn the knob to hard . Can anyone tell me which adjustment I need to look at to get it to go into lock . I don't plan on hauling it all over the place on a trailer , but I would like everything to work correctly . Thanks for the help and I appreciate the knowledge in this forum .

Oh , btw I received and installed the combo bolt on grab hooks and they are awesome !! Good Job on the design !

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts
    The first step in adjusting your mower is adjusting for maximum height. That method is different depending on the style of lift you have, mechanical or independent. The sticky thread covers both methods.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:56 PM
    Thanks
    Here's an earlier post I made about the mechanics involved with the height stop cam when you cannot rotate the knob to Lock:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post132354

Of course, the sticky thread 1026R 1023E 1 series mower setup and adjustment also applies to the 1025R tractor and has useful information about the deck setup.

If either of those don't help you in your situation, let us know. I'm sure we can come up with a fix.
    dieselshadow and jimfrits like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Sorry for the obvious question, but are you raising the deck to it's highest position with the lift (either hydraulic or rockshaft). You cannot move the knob into lock position unless the mower deck is in it's highest position.

Dave
    etcallhome and jimfrits like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post
    Here's an earlier post I made about the mechanics involved with the height stop cam when you cannot rotate the knob to Lock:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...tml#post132354

Of course, the sticky thread 1026R 1023E 1 series mower setup and adjustment also applies to the 1025R tractor and has useful information about the deck setup.

If either of those don't help you in your situation, let us know. I'm sure we can come up with a fix.
    Definitely take a look at what Traction is referring you to. I had exactly the same problem that you are having and found my problem to be the rockshaft position sensor rod was out of adjustment plus I had a retaining ring missing on my rockshaft (left end where the mower deck lifting parts are connected) My deck now raises far enough to lock easily.

But you also have to go through the "Mower setup and adjustment" procedure as already mentioned.
    Last edited by jimfrits; 08-10-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Thanks guys . I guess I assumed it was setup correctly from the dealer . I will start at the beginning with linkage all the way back down to deck leveling . Is there a thread somewhere that addresses the draft arm rod adjustment as referred to Jimfrits ?
    I'll update as progress warrants .
    Last edited by romcjr; 08-10-2014 at 04:41 AM.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,584 Posts
    Look at the 3rd posting of this thread. Good luck
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks

Still working on it !

Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Look at the 3rd posting of this thread. Good luck
    I have read through the post and the farther I read the more things I find I need to check .lol I guess I will get it eventually but for today I am done so I can watch some preseason football . Thanks for the help and this is to be continued .

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements