Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Changing 1025r Mechical Lift to Hydraulic

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks

Changing 1025r Mechical Lift to Hydraulic

I want to change my mechanical lift to the hydraulic for the MMM on my 1025r.

I found in JD literature that I need 2 parts kits, LVB26205 and LVB26206 to do this. I assume they will come with instructions, but I would like to know beforehand how big a deal this is to make the change. It's not obvious to me where and how the new hydraulic cylinder even mounts. Also how much if any tear-down will be needed to connect and route hydraulic lines.

Would appreciate any instructions, advice, opinions, etc., about making this change.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks
    The cylinder will end up mounted under the left floor board and the hose gets routed to the other side of the tractor to the loader valve.

You will have to pull the seat and floor board I believe is all so it shouldn't be too bad.
    thegriz likes this.
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

4. The Following User Says Thank You to psrumors For This Useful Post:

spferdil (08-10-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Here's a few pics of the independent lift kit and what you'd need to remove to install it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1512.JPG 
Views:	416 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	31435

Name:	IMG_1517.JPG 
Views:	409 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	31436

Name:	IMG_1520.JPG 
Views:	405 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	31437

Like psrumors stated, the floor board and a few other items need to be removed. Overall, it's a very easy job. Just be aware the assist spring is pretty powerful. Just don't smack yourself in the face with a pair of channel-locks when they slip off the spring during installation.

I wouldn't know anything about how that could happen......
    Levi, spferdil and Oberhaz like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

spferdil (08-10-2014)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:11 PM
    Thanks
    The instructions should come with the 2 kits. The seat does not need to be removed. I have attached the instructions for your review.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Oberhaz likes this.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

dieselshadow (08-10-2014), etcallhome (08-10-2014), jimfrits (08-11-2014), Kennyd (08-10-2014), RichBaxter (08-10-2014), spferdil (08-10-2014)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks
    I would advise that you strongly consider going with the Independent Hydraulic Lift option rather than just the Hydraulic Lift option.

When I ordered my tractor, I ordered it with the Mechanical Lift. To save a few bucks, I ordered the tractor with the mower deck crated and I would install the lift kit myself. When they delivered the tractor, they delivered the box kits for the Hydraulic Lift kit rather than the Mechanical Lift kit. It saved me a few hundred bucks, so I installed the hydraulic lift and was good to go.

A few weeks of working with the hydraulic lift left me wanting the Independent Lift kit; I was tired of getting hydraulic oil on my hands and on the mower every time I wanted to remove the deck and use the loader. Because of my limited parking space, that meant EVERY time I used my tractor I had to drop either the deck or the loader and had to get hydraulic oil on my hands. I ordered the kits and installed the independent lift just a couple weeks ago. Keep in mind that had I bought the independent lift in the first place, I would have only had to take apart my tractor once.

The independent lift is wonderful compared to just the hydraulic lift and well worth the extra $300. Now removing the deck is just a push of the button with no hose swapping.
    Last edited by Traction; 08-10-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Sawdust and psrumors like this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Traction For This Useful Post:

spferdil (08-10-2014)

12. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-22-2015 @ 10:18 AM
    Thanks
    Like psrumors stated, the floor board and a few other items need to be removed. Overall, it's a very easy job. Just be aware the assist spring is pretty powerful. Just don't smack yourself in the face with a pair of channel-locks when they slip off the spring during installation.

I wouldn't know anything about how that could happen......[/QUOTE]

Just use a muffler spring tool to attach the spring, then you don't have to put your beer down.....::beer:
    Last edited by shock-n-awe; 08-10-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    spferdil likes this.
    Mowin' till it's Snowin'!

1023E

Former member of "The Ready First Combat Team" The Rock 3AD, Germany

13. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shock-n-awe View Post
    Just use a muffler spring tool to attach the spring, then you don't have to put your beer down.....
    Sad part was, I had one...... Guess I had it coming.
    spferdil likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

14. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Traction View Post
    I would advise that you strongly consider going with the Independent Hydraulic Lift option rather than just the Hydraulic Lift option.

When I ordered my tractor, I ordered it with the Mechanical Lift. To save a few bucks, I ordered the tractor with the mower deck crated and I would install the lift kit myself. When they delivered the tractor, they delivered the box kits for the Hydraulic Lift kit rather than the Mechanical Lift kit. It saved me a few hundred bucks, so I installed the hydraulic lift and was good to go.

A few weeks of working with the hydraulic lift left me wanting the Independent Lift kit; I was tired of getting hydraulic oil on my hands and on the mower every time I wanted to remove the deck and use the loader. Because of my limited parking space, that meant EVERY time I used my tractor I had to drop either the deck or the loader and had to get hydraulic oil on my hands. I ordered the kits and installed the independent lift just a couple weeks ago. Keep in mind that had I bought the independent lift in the first place, I would have only had to take apart my tractor once.

The independent lift is wonderful compared to just the hydraulic lift and well worth the extra $300. Now removing the deck is just a push of the button with no hose swapping.
    I do have to agree with this, the independent lift makes everything just that much nicer and the changing of equipment that much easier.

This thread gives you an idea of what is required to do the independent piece. .http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-lvb26207.html
    1025r TLB w 60D MMM & Independent Lift
    SN 114287 Built April '13 received 8/21/13
    180 degree thermostat
    Omni Transformer w/ integrated weight bracket
    Single Point
    Ken's Bolt on hooks
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Full Compliment of Wheel Weights (340lbs)
    Custom Seat Springs

Kubota 326H 72" deck ZTR

Stihl MS361, FS250R

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psrumors For This Useful Post:

jimfrits (08-11-2014), spferdil (08-10-2014)

16. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Many thanks to all of you for the great responses, especially for the pics from dieselshadow and psrumors, and the pdf's from xcopterdoc. I wish JD would make these pdf's available when looking up parts.

BTW, if you have the pdf file for the LVB2607 kit for mechanical to independent lift I'd appreciate if you could post it also. I wasn't really considering going to the independent lift but you guys have me thinking about it now. That part looks a lot worse than just doing the hydraulic, but if I go into it... ...that might be the thing to do.

I'll have to give this some more thought.

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 04:47 PM
    Thanks
    Unless you have some implement attached to the 3pt while mowing I don't see any need for the hydraulic lift. It actually seems less convenient to me. What am I missing?
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

18. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast