Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Diff Lock Linkage

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks

Diff Lock Linkage

I noticed that my diff lock lever rested against the plastic trim in a way that it caused my deck knob height indicator to be crooked. I pressed down on the lever with my hand to the floor and it only returned back up half way. When I climbed under the tractor I could see the linkage had cocked and bound up. (1 & 2 pic)After some choice words I was able to get it seat again (pic 3) and the lever returned all the way up again against the plastic trim.
    1) Should it rest against the trim, if so do others have the issue where it distorts the height indicator. (Pic 4)
    2) There is a lot of play in the linkage below and I see the rod can be adjusted by tightening the nut against the spring. Where should the lever rod rest in the half moon opening on the trans shaft?
    Sorry for the multiple questions, but one lead to the other, thanks!

2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    Marlin likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    The plastic under the knob on mine has always been off center in fact so bad the plastic broke out where the two small screws secure it down. I trimmed out the plastic a bit to center it up drilled two new holes and screwed it back in place. Not good looking fix but I wasn’t going to spend a lot of time to make it pretty. A metal round plate to face the thing would be much better.

The posi foot rod is only stopped by the lip of the plastic cover. Not a good situation trying to keep the rod from sliding under the plastic cover when reassembling.
    BigJim55 and Marlin like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    It's a crappy design. My 1025r was delivered with the Diff Lock jammed in Lock mode. Dealer never noticed what was quite obvious to me as soon as I drove it and made a turn on asphalt. I unjammed it myself and installed a large washer. Have had no problem since.
    keane, Marlin and Weathertite like this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbait View Post
    It's a crappy design. My 1025r was delivered with the Diff Lock jammed in Lock mode. Dealer never noticed what was quite obvious to me as soon as I drove it and made a turn on asphalt. I unjammed it myself and installed a large washer. Have had no problem since.
    That sounds like a good idea. The first thing I did was look at the parts diagram because I was certain it was missing a washer and cotter key. Nope! Poor design for sure.
    Marlin and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Thanks
    I took a look at one of mine this afternoon. The rod end has the stamped dimples protruding 180 degrees apart to hold it in the slot. The rod would have to be turned so the dimples are in line with the mating slot. I couldn't pull mine out to replicate the cocked position the OP's photos depicted.

As low as this is, bottom front of the transaxle, I'm guessing you hooked the rod on something and sheered the dimples off. The "fix" would be to drill the end of the shaft to accept a cotter pin and re-install with a flat washer, which you apparently did. I agree, not a good design for as low as it is and likely subject to protruding ground obstructions.

The shaft the slotted eccentric is attached to passes through the transaxle to other side where there is another slotted eccentric and mating rod. That side's rod has a cotter pin and flat washer. Go figure.
    Marlin and PJR832 like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMulcher View Post

2018 - 1025R120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    In this first picture it appears that there already is a hole in the rod end that protrudes through . . . or is it just me? If so just a washer and cotter pin are possibly the cure.

I need to crawl under my 1026R and check it out . . . although I've never noticed a problem from top-side.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks
    It is just a dimple on either side of the rod, no hole...however the corresponding rod on the other side uses a pin and washer. There is a whole lot of play in the linkage assembly.

2018 - 1025R
    120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box
    PJR832 likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    That is pretty cheesy.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    I find it hard to believe that a designer or engineer with an aptitude for mechanical hardware would create a situation like this. Are bean counters incharge of the design of JD products? Even the stupidest person one could imagine would not create a design as such. How in gods name has the design of products today become so lame and disfunctional?

The most simplistic stupid thing has wires on it with some type of circuit in the name of safety. This is BS. How long till the toilet is computer controlled?
    chex313 likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by genesusie View Post
    I find it hard to believe that a designer or engineer with an aptitude for mechanical hardware would create a situation like this. Are bean counters incharge of the design of JD products? Even the stupidest person one could imagine would not create a design as such. How in gods name has the design of products today become so lame and disfunctional?

The most simplistic stupid thing has wires on it with some type of circuit in the name of safety. This is BS. How long till the toilet is computer controlled?
    I am working on that right now, I want to be able to tell Alexa to flush the toilet...

(Before anyone tells me how lazy I am...My wife is disabled)
    RonPol likes this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast