Hydraulics Question - Bleed the system?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dieselshadow
  • 1 Post By Maddog

Thread: Hydraulics Question - Bleed the system?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-04-2016 @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks

Hydraulics Question - Bleed the system?

Hello All. I just finished some hydraulic upgrades on my 1025r and came up with a question. My upgrades are: the hydraulic lift kit and independent switch for the MMM and the Artillian Diverter Valve for the grapple/snowplow. (no I don't have the grapple, don't freak out... )

Anyway, after changing so many hoses and adding the lift cylinder for the MMM, is there a procedure to bleed all the air from the lines? I continue to check the hydraulic fluid level and it doesn't seem to have changed. Everything works but I'm getting some strange noises that sound like air in the system when I use any of the hydraulics.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jgun
    John Deere 1025R w/ I-match - H120 Loader, 260 Backhoe with BxPanded dolly, 48" Frontier tiller, 48" frontier brush hog, 54" JD snow plow, Artillian - Frame, Forks and Diverter Valve with Snow plow attachment, Squeege and Wings. BXpanded Piranah Tooth Bar,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,579 Posts
    A lot of times these noises can be caused by a hydraulic line rubbing/vibrating against something else. Since you just changed a bunch of parts, I'd inspect your new lines and check for looseness or lines rubbing somewhere.

The hydraulic system is totally self bleeding. After using the hydraulics for a little while, all the air will be purged out by itself.
    felixm22 and Oberhaz like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 11:40 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    A lot of times these noises can be caused by a hydraulic line rubbing/vibrating against something else. Since you just changed a bunch of parts, I'd inspect your new lines and check for looseness or lines rubbing somewhere.

The hydraulic system is totally self bleeding. After using the hydraulics for a little while, all the air will be purged out by itself.
    I will Second that. Hydraulic systems are vented, therefore totally self bleeding.
    Oberhaz likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements