• 7 Post By Rodehard
  • 4 Post By Treefarmer

Thread: Easier 3-point hook up/implement swap

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-26-2019 @ 04:30 PM
    Thanks

Easier 3-point hook up/implement swap

Swapping 3-point tools always involved some wrestling. (No I don't have the I-Match) You can raise & lower the arms, but usually need to move tractor forward or back to get the pins on.
    I found with the bucket rolled straight down & touching the ground (tractor in N) I could rock the tractor back & fourth with one lever, while raising & lowering with the other. (Obviously on a flat surface.)

(Use any of my dangerous dumb ideas at your own risk)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Thanks

That works

Quote Originally Posted by Rodehard View Post
    Swapping 3-point tools always involved some wrestling. (No I don't have the I-Match) You can raise & lower the arms, but usually need to move tractor forward or back to get the pins on.
    I found with the bucket rolled straight down & touching the ground (tractor in N) I could rock the tractor back & fourth with one lever, while raising & lowering with the other. (Obviously on a flat surface.)

(Use any of my dangerous dumb ideas at your own risk)
    That certainly works but if the ground is flat and hard, you can usually move even a good size tractor an inch or so by pushing on the tire cleats. I've never tried it with a truly large tractor but do it fairly frequently with 100 hp and smaller. It doesn't work on soft ground, then you better get in the seat and drive it to the right place even if you have to put a stick and rope on the 3ph to get the spacing right so you can lift straight up. That's an advantage of clevis hook ups over the pins. Pins with extendable lift arms are fine, pins on fixed arms require something to move slightly.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements