Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Some clarification needed by Deisel shadow or someone else

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks

Some clarification needed by Deisel shadow or someone else

"This step is for mechanical lift equipped tractors only- To adjust MMM rockshaft lift strap (located between 3PH rockshaft and MMM rockshaft behind left rear wheel) you remove the mower and remove the hair pin clips and pins (D) to disconnect the lift links (E) from both lift arms. Raise the 3PH fully. Rotate mower cut height knob to lock position. Remove left rear wheel. (You might be able to skip this if you can reach the 3 bolts on the lifting strap.) Loosen the three bolts on the lift strap. Rotate mid mount rockshaft (B) forward until there is a small gap (A) between the the height cam (C) and mid mount rockshaft (B). Move lift strap forward to the end of travel slot and tighten the three bolts. (I'd use 1/16" to 1/8" for a goal for this gap.) Reinstall left rear wheel and mower. "

"First you want to adjust the side lift links (E) for maximum lift. To do this you'll want to start the tractor and raise the mower all the way. Rotate the mower height adjustment knob to the lock position. Now look at the mower height cam (C) above the left rear mower latch. It's just behind the left rear tire. You want to see a gap at "A". I've found that a gap of about 1/8" is perfect"

Both these procedure were written by Deisel shadow. I dont have gap A in my tractor. I want to increase it to 1/8th inches.

Where I am confused is what is the first procedure for ?
    My understanding is that the second procedure is for increasing gap A? What is the first process for ?

I have Mechanical lift.

Thank you guys for help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Thanks
    if what you are saying is that you need to increase the gap between the height adjustment cam, and the mower lift arm assembly, you accomplish this via the procedure in the first long quote, in which you adjust that 2-piece aluminum strap with the 3 bolts behind the left rear tire.
    1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    The first step is merely adjusting the mover deck so it will be at its highest level. Beware if you adjust the lift links too high it will pull the lift strap out of adjustment and you will have to do everything all over. If you are satisfied in how high your mower deck lifts you can skip adjusting the lift links. The end result in all the adjustments; is with the mower deck lifted all the way up to be able to rotate the mower height adjustment knob 360 degrees with out hitting a stop. I found that setting the gap to 1/4-3/8 inches with the mower deck off is better than 1/8 inch. When you hook up the mower deck, the weight of the deck will lessen the gap and possibly/almost for sure, not be enough of a gap.

The biggest thing guys do is have too much gap from the deck wheels to the ground. This gives you a choppy cut and scalps more. I get the best cut out of my mower set at about 2.5 inches (blade to ground) and the deck wheels set at around 1/4 inch from the ground. Leveling the mower deck is also critical in achieving the best cut. It is confusing for sure. Leveling the mower deck is much more of a benefit to the best cut possible than adjusting the deck to achieve its highest level. Hope this helps you understand what does what.

Another note; no reason to take off the left wheel. You can reach the 3 bolts on the lift strap easily with a torque wrench and short socket.
    Last edited by CaseIH574; 02-06-2018 at 11:18 PM.
    PJR832 and MN_Pete like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdawood View Post
    "This step is for mechanical lift equipped tractors only- To adjust MMM rockshaft lift strap (located between 3PH rockshaft and MMM rockshaft behind left rear wheel) you remove the mower and remove the hair pin clips and pins (D) to disconnect the lift links (E) from both lift arms. Raise the 3PH fully. Rotate mower cut height knob to lock position. Remove left rear wheel. (You might be able to skip this if you can reach the 3 bolts on the lifting strap.) Loosen the three bolts on the lift strap. Rotate mid mount rockshaft (B) forward until there is a small gap (A) between the the height cam (C) and mid mount rockshaft (B). Move lift strap forward to the end of travel slot and tighten the three bolts. (I'd use 1/16" to 1/8" for a goal for this gap.) Reinstall left rear wheel and mower. "

"First you want to adjust the side lift links (E) for maximum lift. To do this you'll want to start the tractor and raise the mower all the way. Rotate the mower height adjustment knob to the lock position. Now look at the mower height cam (C) above the left rear mower latch. It's just behind the left rear tire. You want to see a gap at "A". I've found that a gap of about 1/8" is perfect"

Both these procedure were written by Deisel shadow. I dont have gap A in my tractor. I want to increase it to 1/8th inches.

My understanding is that the second procedure is for increasing gap A? What is the first process for ?

I have Mechanical lift.

Thank you guys for help.
    What tractor do you have?
    pcabe5 and PJR832 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdawood View Post

I have Mechanical lift.

Thank you guys for help.
    What tractor do you have?
    1025r
    PJR832 likes this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AJgrn78 View Post
    if what you are saying is that you need to increase the gap between the height adjustment cam, and the mower lift arm assembly, you accomplish this via the procedure in the first long quote, in which you adjust that 2-piece aluminum strap with the 3 bolts behind the left rear tire.
    Then what is the second procedure for. Just trying to see which process does what

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    One more question.
    When adjust MMM rockshaft and adjusting for maximum lift do I need Mid mount mower attached or I can do without ut attached ?

Looks like it will be easier to do with MMM attached

10. Top | #8
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts
    That gap is to make sure you have enough clearance to rotate the height adjustment knob without interference. With no clearance you may not be able to lift and lock the mower at the highest height.
    pcabe5, Ray_PA, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    So far by my understanding you have to perform both procedures to get gap A to 1/8th inch.
    First you afjust MMM rockshaft with loosening three bolts.
    Then you adjust again by loosing the pins and clips.
    Only after that there will be correct gap of A 1/8th inch

If you do only one procedure then you might not have correct gap

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    That gap is to make sure you have enough clearance to rotate the height adjustment knob without interference. With no clearance you may not be able to lift and lock the mower at the highest height.
    Hi Deisel Shadow. Thanks for chiming in.

Yes I am trying to get the knob turn 360 degrees like you said. Without the gap it wouldnt turn.

Only part I am confused is both process listed by you aim at getting gap A to 1/8th inch.
    My question was do I have to perform both or anyone one will give me gap A

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast