• 1 Post By RAINPA
  • 1 Post By RAINPA

Thread: Questions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-14-2019 @ 01:18 AM
    Thanks

Questions

1st question: I need a little help from the professionals. On my 2210 hydraulics I have 4 quick coupler hook ups, they are numbered 1,2,3,4. I mounted my Artillian pallet fork frame with the additional plow adaptor. In order to enable the plow to turn left & right I think it gets connected to numbers 1 & 2, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know for sure?

2nd question: I bought a inhibitor to add to the diesel fuel to stop it from jelling. It says 32 oz's for 100 gallon. How many oz's for a 5 gallon container?

3rd question: Is there a trick to putting the hydraulics into float position?

Thanks in advance.
    chex313 likes this.
    JD 332
    Former Toys
    JD 2210, 210 FEL, MMM 62C,
    54" Blade, IMatch & Ballast Box
    Artillian Forks, Artillian Blade Adaptor
    JD 300, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 316, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 318, restored & gave
    to brother in-law
    with Johnny Bucket

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAINPA View Post
    1st question: I need a little help from the professionals. On my 2210 hydraulics I have 4 quick coupler hook ups, they are numbered 1,2,3,4. I mounted my Artillian pallet fork frame with the additional plow adaptor. In order to enable the plow to turn left & right I think it gets connected to numbers 1 & 2, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know for sure?
    This is from the operator's manual:

This machine series can be equipped with an optional hydraulic Selective Control Valve (SCV) and hydraulic outlets to operate hydraulically-driven implements.

MX17343, LVU14535
    The machine-mounted hydraulic outlets are female quick couplers numbered and color coded easy hookup. Label (A) identifies the couplers: 1 (yellow), 2 (silver), 3 (black), and 4 (green).
    Implement hydraulic hoses are also color coded. Match the color coded hose ends to the color coded hydraulic couplers on the machine when making connections.

MX17342, LVU14533
    When the implement hydraulic hoses are connected to couplers 1 (yellow) and 2 (silver), move the dual SCV lever (B) left to divert fluid to the yellow connector line and return through the silver connector line. Move the lever right to divert fluid to the silver connector line and return through the yellow connector line.
    When the implement hydraulic hoses are connected to couplers 3 (black) and 4 (green), move the dual SCV lever (B) rearward to divert fluid to the green connector line and return through the black connector line. Move the lever forward to divert fluid to the black connector line and return through the green connector line. Move the lever to the full forward or "float" position to remove pressure in both connector lines and allow fluid to flow back and forth between the lines. The lever may be locked in the "float" position.

2nd question: I bought a inhibitor to add to the diesel fuel to stop it from jelling. It says 32 oz's for 100 gallon. How many oz's for a 5 gallon container?
    1.6 oz for 5 gallons (.32 oz per gallon)

Push the SCV control all the way forward, if you continue to press forward it will "click" and stay locked in the forward position. This is float.

From the manual:

"Move the lever forward to divert fluid to the black connector line and return through the green connector line. Move the lever to the full forward or "float" position to remove pressure in both connector lines and allow fluid to flow back and forth between the lines. The lever may be locked in the "float" position."

Note: I'm a little confused by the wording that says "lever may be locked in float position". Not having a 2210 I'm not sure if it locks automatically like current tractors or if you must push the lever forward and then engage the SCV lock lever. It's the "may be locked" wording that confuses me.

Last edited by jgayman; 02-08-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Yank (02-08-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    32/(100/5) = 32/20 = 1.6

Al
    Yank likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Alkozak, thanks for the info and for replying. That is exactly what I had figured, just wanted to be sure.

Jgayman, thanks to you also for all the information, so the way I read it, number 1 & 2 are where I want to be. That will let me use the FEL up & down and the plow for left & right.
    I went today and bought the required hydraulic line and will install and give it a try tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.

Both of you, thanks again. Big Help
    BigJim55 likes this.
    JD 332
    Former Toys
    JD 300, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 316, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 318, restored & gave
    to brother in-law
    with Johnny Bucket

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Jgayman, thanks to you also for all the information, so the way I read it, number 1 & 2 are where I want to be. That will let me use the FEL up & down and the plow for left & right.
    Correct
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,611 Posts
    If not mistaken 1 yellow and 3 black and then 2 and 4 go together.

Won't say if 1 and 3 lifts or will make the blade left to right.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    etcallhome, I think you are wrong, 1 & 2 go together and 3 & 4 . 1 & 2 are for the bucket and 3 & 4 are for the lift. At least that's how I understand it.
    JD 332
    Former Toys
    JD 300, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 316, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 318, restored & gave
    to brother in-law
    with Johnny Bucket

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    etcallhome, I think you are wrong, 1 & 2 go together and 3 & 4 . 1 & 2 are for the bucket and 3 & 4 are for the lift. At least that's how I understand it.
    Yeep... 1 & 2 are dump and curl.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks

Thanks in advance.
    and one other piece of advice for float...Make sure you are at least 3 feet off the ground before going all the way forward to float, than let go and the bucket will settle to the ground by itself. If it just stops when you let go, you will know you didn't hit float.

You can have the bucket closer to the ground once you get used to it, but if you are too close it hits the ground before float activates.

Once you get it you'll look like a pro backing up while having the bucket float to the ground , while preparing to go forward again.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    I tried the 1 & 2 on the hydraulics, they are the correct ones. And I tried the float, it works also.

Thanks guys, this is why I love Green Tractor Talk.

You where all a big help.
    keane likes this.
    JD 332
    Former Toys
    JD 300, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 316, restored with
    Mower & 54" Blade
    JD 318, restored & gave