Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tomfive

Thread: Watch those stabilizers

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 04:00 AM
    Thanks

Watch those stabilizers

Got lucky tonite... when starting to put up the stabilizers I happened to look down and saw a large rock under the cylinder. Luckily I had not put pressure on it yet... I'm sure it would have damaged something. Now I look everytime!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    "If it can happen, it WILL happen!" Ten seconds after I finished using my brand new BH digging out a mulberry stump, I raised the stabilizer and found a large hefty piece of root stuck on it. It was a split root and the stabilizer foot went right down through the space and it forced it up onto the "chrome" piston. This kind of stuff makes me para-annoyed!
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,940 Times in 2,904 Posts
    Good tip HoneyDew. It's one of those things I do without even thinking about it anymore.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 04:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDew View Post
    Got lucky tonite... when starting to put up the stabilizers I happened to look down and saw a large rock under the cylinder. Luckily I had not put pressure on it yet... I'm sure it would have damaged something. Now I look everytime!
    I am assuming that you're referring to a rock getting into the space between the cylinder and stabilizer arm?

You make a good point, that happens to me all the time, I turn over a lot of loose rocks in my yard. Sometimes rocks and "dirt bombs" hang up on the stabilizer feet too, preventing the foot from touching the ground level, but actually on end. So I'm watching the lowering and raising of my stabilizers all the time ... just a habit I guess.

What is sometimes "funny" are the little pieces of soil or rocks that sit on the stabilizer feet and if I raise them too fast they flip up into my face.

Just my 2 cents.
    HydroHarold likes this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements