Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Could I /Should I sell my new 60" Autoconnect deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-24-2015 @ 03:51 PM
    Thanks

Could I /Should I sell my new 60" Autoconnect deck

This spring I bought a new 1025R with the 60" autoconnect deck. It mows OK and I have about 50 hours on it by now. My dad had a bad accident and so I have been mowing his yard for him. He has a zero turn grasshopper and wow, what a nice mower. The seat is so comfortable and it mows so nice. Even in thick damp grass, it just chews it up and spits it out and when you are done, the yard looks like a golf coarse. It mows fast too. Anyways, my yard never looks like that with the 1025R. It leaves stripes where the wheels go. I think what is happening is that the tractor is so heavy , the tires squish the grass/clover down and the mower can't suck it up enough to cut it, so the area where the tires run doesn't get cut the same as the rest of it. I noticed that the zero turn mowers are less than half the weight of the 1025R. I mow the same direction all of the time and I noticed that if I drive across the yard in the opposite direction, I actually feel where the tires run. It feels like a bump/bump/bump/bump rythm on a bad highway. I think the weight just keeps packing that area down. My old 445 with the turf tires never did that, but it was a much lighter too. Anyways, I bought the 54" snowblower for it , a front end loader, and I have a rear mounted sprayer and am wanting to get a tiller for it. That auto-connect deck option was about $2200.00 and now I am wishing that I would have bought the tractor for all of the other things I use it for and put that $2200 towards a nice zero turn mower just for mowing. Now, could I sell my 60" auto-connect deck or trade the deck in towards a JD zero turn? Would it kill the value of the 1025R if I ever went to sell it and did not have a deck with it? I could keep it and just stand it in the corner (I have that axle kit for it), But I hate to have a $2200 deck in the corner if I could that money towards a nice zero turn. Do guys buy the 1025R's and not buy a deck for them? Don't get me wrong, I love my 1025R, but I don't think mowing is it's specialty. Are the JD zero turns good stuff? Thanks!
    Last edited by 1025RGardner; 08-31-2014 at 10:04 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that had both a tractor and a mower. We have a zero turn mower too, and would most likely opt to buy another one (if we had to replace it) rather than buying a mower deck for the tractor.
    Gizmo2 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    02-28-2019 @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks
    I have both too. Wouldn't have it any other way either..

3005 and 925a
    '11 3005 4wd R4s w/300 & 60" Std w/Pirahna tb, Artillian 36" forks, Custom 83" SnowBear front blade, Frontier RB2060 blade, King Kutter TG-G-60 tiller and RFM-72 mower, Spee-Co Model-65 phd, Fimco LG-40-3PT sprayer, Tarter SUBY and TMY, Agri-Fab 24x48LR lawn roller & John Deere BW15073 and 6x42lb weights.
    '12 ZTrak Pro 925A-EFi w/60" 7-Iron, AgriFab SmartLink w/(aerator/dethacher/roller), 130lb Spreader & 350lb Poly Cart.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that had both a tractor and a mower. We have a zero turn mower too, and would most likely opt to buy another one (if we had to replace it) rather than buying a mower deck for the tractor.
    Nope, there are a lot of us. I have a 2720 with loader but I mow with a X500. Makes life "simple" :-)

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks guys! I will ask my JD dealer if he will give me anything for the deck towards a zero turn.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 08:48 AM
    Thanks
    Don't get me wrong, I like John Deere, they build great tractors, but you are not going to like the JD zero turn as much as the grass hopper. I got to borrow 2 ztr mowers from john deere. One 950R and the Scag Turf Tiger. After using the Turf Tiger, I would not even consider the JD. I would say the Turf Tiger is more comparible to the Grass Hopper. Just try them before you buy them.
    About getting rid of your deck, the dealer probably won't give you much since most people buy in a package deal with financing. When you go to sell your tractor, it would sell better with deck just because deck is harder to get on used machine. Value wise, probably not much difference. You just have to figure out what is best for you and your needs.
    2014 John Deere 2032R
    H130 FEL, 54" Front Blade modded to 70", "Priceless" Artillian 42" pallet forks.http://www.artillian.com/
    I-Match hitch, Ballast Box, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, Rear Blade
    Traded in: 1026R w/fel, 60" auto conn. deck. Great tractor. Will be missed.
    Sold to fil: 445 w/54" deck, snow blade/plow, 3pt. hitch
    Sold to father: JD stx38 Has outrun it's hood.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brians2032R View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like John Deere, they build great tractors, but you are not going to like the JD zero turn as much as the grass hopper. I got to borrow 2 ztr mowers from john deere. One 950R and the Scag Turf Tiger. After using the Turf Tiger, I would not even consider the JD. I would say the Turf Tiger is more comparible to the Grass Hopper. Just try them before you buy them.
    About getting rid of your deck, the dealer probably won't give you much since most people buy in a package deal with financing. When you go to sell your tractor, it would sell better with deck just because deck is harder to get on used machine. Value wise, probably not much difference. You just have to figure out what is best for you and your needs.
    Our local fair is going on right now and today I was there and sat on a JD ez-trak 665. The seat was not nearly as cushiony as the grasshopper seat. The grass hopper that my dad has is the one with the deck out front. I see where they sell both front mount and mid mount. Can you guys tell me what the pros or cons are with front mount vs. mid mount decks. I know with the front mount you have to be careful how fast you turn or the rear-end can swing around and hit stuff. Don't ask me how I know that. I told dad that chip out of the side of the power pole has always been there-Hee-Hee! I think the grasshoppers are really expensive. I was thinking dad looked into a new one at one time and it was around $9500.00. Do most people prefer the grasshopper over the JD? I just don't see very many grasshoppers around here. I do like how dad's front mount deck flips straight up for cleaning and blade removal. Any advice is appreciated.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Add me to the 'two machines' camp. Having the 5320 and a commercial grade hydrostatic walk behind mower give me close to the best of both worlds for our property.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1025RGardner View Post
    Do guys buy the 1025R's and not buy a deck for them?
    I think the responses in this thread thusfar should give you a fairly good idea of what's out there. There are a LOT of guys that would buy a tractor without a mower deck. I didn't even bother ordering one when I bought mt 2032R. I stuck with my dinky D160 for owing duties.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Do you guys think that after using my dad's front mount Grasshopper that I'd be disappointed with a mid mount JD zero turn??

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast