About to buy a 2018 1025R TLB....best options?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: About to buy a 2018 1025R TLB....best options?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 12:59 AM
    Thanks

About to buy a 2018 1025R TLB....best options?

Hi, I am about to buy a 2018 1025R TLB. Wondering what options I should get or have thrown in with the bundle. Not sure if there are certian things that are "must haves" on this tractor or attachment wise. Thanks!!

What I am thinking of getting is as follows;
    2018 1025R TLB with R3 tires
    54" Auto connect mower deck
    47 In. Quick-Hitch Two-Stage Snow Blower
    647 Rotary Tiller

Primary use right away will be for putting in landscaping beds and trees at the house we just built. I have a ton of rocks/mini boulders that I will be moving around. Then do some brush clearing and yard prep to finish installing the last 2/3rds of the 2.25 acre lot for a lawn. Once the lawn is in then the primary function will be for mowing the lawn.

Neil
    Levi and PJR832 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:25 AM
    Thanks
    If you're moving a "ton of rocks and boulders" you need a ballast box for certain or some other form of rear weight. Educate yourself on ballast and front end loader work. It is very easy to get in to trouble with improper ballast.

Good luck and have fun!
    Levi, Drifterbike, TJR345 and 2 others like this.
    1025r
    H120 Loader w/Ken's hooks, Pirhana Bar, Ratchet Rake, Bucket Tamer Shoes, front quick hitch
    260 Backhoe w/Ken's hook, BXpanded Thumb, Bro-Tec Ripper Tooth
    Artillian Diverter kit. Grapple w/Fangs, loader arm mounted 54 snow blade w/ wings, 24" forks
    54" Rock Bucket
    Ballast box
    I-Match
    Box Blade
    Back Blade
    3pt CarryAll
    Boom Pole
    Artillian Front Hoe
    RimGuard in all 4
    2" Wheel Spacers
    Heavy Hitch
    Block Heater
    HLA 60" Snow Pusher w/Backdrag Blade
    Tektite hard side heated cab

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fishbait For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (02-18-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Be sure to have them "throw in" an electronic copy of the tractor service manual and the attachments service manual.

If money is no object, you've come to the right place. The guys that hang out here are professionals at spending other people's money!

If you're financing and taking advantage of the 0%, you may want to think about an MCS20 as you live in leaf country.

The only cab that you can roll into the 0% is the Mauser, which isn't backhoe compatible. (Items financed with 0% have to be sold by JD.) Having a cab is like having a home with central A/C, once you have it, you'll never be without it.

Depending on how physically fit you are, you may want to think about an imatch. It'll make hooking up the 647 much easier. I don't have one and really don't find it to difficult as I have my 647 on a storage cart with casters, So, I can just roll it up to the 3-point. None the less, others here say it is worth the money. Others suggest the Harbor Freight version which is about $80 with their 20% off coupon.
    Levi, PJR832 and CaseIH574 like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    A grapple is real handy for moving large rocks or boulders. I have the Everything Attachments listed in my signature. A set of pallet forks will also be a must.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neiltcasey View Post
    Hi, I am about to buy a 2018 1025R TLB. Wondering what options I should get or have thrown in with the bundle. Not sure if there are certian things that are "must haves" on this tractor or attachment wise. Thanks!!

What I am thinking of getting is as follows;
    2018 1025R TLB with R3 tires
    54" Auto connect mower deck I would do a 60" mmm with auto connect. Less chance of hitting the ROPS lights when mowing with the wider deck.
    47 In. Quick-Hitch Two-Stage Snow Blower I would do the 50". With the 47", you will drive on the snow when turning.
    647 Rotary Tiller

Primary use right away will be for putting in landscaping beds and trees at the house we just built. I have a ton of rocks/mini boulders that I will be moving around. Then do some brush clearing and yard prep to finish installing the last 2/3rds of the 2.25 acre lot for a lawn. Once the lawn is in then the primary function will be for mowing the lawn.

Neil
    Consider an I Match 3 point quick hitch and Ballast box (or if your budget will let you, the Heavy Hitch rear weight bar with 40 lb. suitcase weights is nicer than the JD ballast box but then you have to access about 12 - 40 lb. suitcase weights).
    You could also consider a 54" blade for those snows that are not snowblower depth. You will already have the front hitch, all you will need to add is the power angle cylinder. The 54" blade mounts to the same front hitch as the snowblower.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Thanks
    Consider a ZTR mower instead of the 54" deck.

Kevin
    Drifterbike and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    I bought my 1025R last year to do some work on 3 acres similar to what you're doing. Mine's wooded, though, and instead of hauling boulders I'm moving stumps and logs.

Anyway, here's my $0.02. The iMatch (or something similar, you can get them cheaper other places) is handy as can be if you're doing much on/off with implements. I'm also a fan of the 60" deck vs. 54". Having that little bit that sticks out lets me get a bit closer to things and maneuver into some spots I wouldn't be able to with a 54".

Since getting mine, I've added a rock/landscaping rake, disk, and getting ready to get a rear blade. I'm fortunate that dad has a 2305, so I can borrow his implements (tiller, spreader, sprayer, roller). The backhoe likely won't make that as handy, unless you install the backhoe only when you need it. Depending on how the market for used equipment is in your area, you might find some nice deals on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, or other classifieds/sales places. I've gotten some nice equipment pretty cheap vs. new. The only issues I've ran into is making sure it's compatible with my iMatch.

If you're going to do a lot of lifting, you're going to want some rear ballast. I had been doing it without but quickly learned the perils of doing so. I'm using the disk for now, but plan on getting a ballast box (leaning toward the Titan since it has a receiver built in) due to working in the confines of the woods. If you're getting the backhoe, that should suffice. If you're doing much with implements, you might look at something that's got some weight.

The very first thing I did when I got mine was to flip the ROPS lights to put them on the inside. I've been glad I did several times due to limbs and such. Not sure how the 2018s are set up, but it was an easy mod on mine. Since I've added some LED lighting to make up for the lack of lighting on the tractor.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    If you are going to spring for a front blade.?? Get the 60" width, not the 54".
    Levi, Ray_PA, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Thanks

Everyone has great ideas on here.

If your going to get the 47" blower I would advise getting the 54". The reason is covering your wheel base. My 54" seems to cover everything where a 47" with a lot of snow would have some issues I think.

I have the Tractor Supply Tarter tiller 4' ($1100) and works great. The forks people mention are a must. I got a set of Titan and they work great and didn't cost very much 42".

I was going with the 60" deck but found out it would be a tight fit into my shed so if you don't have wide car doors think of this.

As most have said you will need a ballast box of some type no matter what anyone says. Trust me its not fun looking down at the ground with your butt up in the air wondering how did that happen.

The bolt on hooks are great and cheap.

As one guy on here said we sure can help you spend your money as I am always adding to my tractor with stuff I really don't need.. .. but then again I really didn't need the tractor but I love it!!!!
    ejb69, Levi and PJR832 like this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    08-06-2019 @ 08:19 PM
    Thanks
    -Well I would recommend that you get all of the hydraulic set up that you can... you may want a back hoe later or hyd chute control on a rear mounted snowblower (even knowing your going after a frt mt blower). By having all of the hyd installed going after any implement becomes much less of a pain.

-set of pallet forks , then a grapple
    -Imatch hitch
    -rear ballast (Heavy hitch and 42 lb weights my preference)
    -independent mower lift
    -R-3 tires
    -Rim gaurd in tires

these are the items I suggest
    ejb69, Levi, Drifterbike and 1 others like this.
    2013 1025R, H120 FEL, 54" AutoConnect Deck w/ Ind. Lift and Mulching Kit, John Deere 647 Roto-Tiller 48”, 54" JD Front Hydraulic Blade, Frontier 2060L Rear 5’ Blade, I-Match, Heavy Hitch with 8 Suitcase weights and 2" trailer receiver hitch, Ken's Bolt on hooks and Pedal Extension, Mower Deck Axles, Rim Guard in Tires, PSrumors heavy seat springs, Artillian's Horse Blinders and UHMW cutting edge.

Life Sponsor Ducks Unlimited
    Life Member of NRA

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast