i know I am not the first to ask.... what have the pros on here come up for rearview
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: i know I am not the first to ask.... what have the pros on here come up for rearview

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-17-2019 @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks

i know I am not the first to ask.... what have the pros on here come up for rearview

Each week I look on here and see so many new ideas come up by actual owners and there awesome.

So I was thinking what are some ideas to put a rearview mirror on my tractor 1025 with no cab so I can see behind me without having to turn behind?

I am sure there are many ways so I am looking for one that is easy to do so any help is really appreciated.

Thank you!
    Last edited by USAFRet; 02-18-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    Robnik and PJR832 like this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post
    Each week I look on here and see so many new ideas come up by actual owners and there awesome.

So I was thinking what are some ideas to put a rearview mirror on my tractor 1025 with no cab so I can see behind me without having to turn behind?

I am sure there are many ways so I am looking for one that is easy to do so any help is really appreciated.

Thank you!
    I mounted one on the FEL, works pretty good, even with my lights on.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

that would do the job... except i use a snowblower....

Maybe there is a way to make a rod that I can quick connect to the fel linkage and attach a mirror?
    wentonbrown, Robnik and PJR832 like this.

Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,104 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Drifterbike, Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (03-01-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post

Thank you!
    The tricky part is seeing everything behind you and on both sides, which could take multiple mirrors or perhaps one of the curved mirrors mounted off the front of the ROPS in the up position.......That way you would be looking "up" to see all the mirror would permit to be seen. You would just need to have a way where it's not in your way getting on and off the tractor......

One thing about the mirror idea to keep in mind is the vibration of the diesel in the tractors can make the rear images shaky........and it makes mounting them for decent visibility tricky..........

You could use a back up camera and 12 volt monitor. The wide selection offered when I was searching had varying degrees of being "water proof" and "weather tight". I know the camera on my system is "weather proof" and sealed for exterior use. I don't think you would want to submerge it, but it certainly doesn't hurt it getting it wet. The monitor could be shielded from the elements to help if it's not real weather proof.

Various monitors are made to be used on boats and in other "exposed" environments. I would bet if you looked through the wide range of offerings, you would find something which would do the trick.

The issue I have with the mirrors is they provide just a limited view down the side of the tractor where the camera will provide whatever view you want. I think many of the cameras, like the one I chose, has a 170 degree lens for viewing. Several of the different Monitors can handle multiple cameras as well so you could have any view you want. If you wanted one for specifically hooking up the 3 point arms, that would be easy and then have another camera which shows the rear view behind your tractor.

From a cost perspective, you can purchase a very nice quality wireless camera for about $225.........the entry level ones start much, much less in price, I have seen many in the $30 to $50 range, but you do get what you pay for................
    Drifterbike and Robnik like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

USAFRet (02-18-2018)

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Thanks
    Try these:

Mirrors For mounting on small Deere loaders

There is a Q/A there which say they don't fit H120, but then a purchaser comment and photo (below) show that they DO fit the H120.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mirror.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	550577
    etcallhome, s1283, Robnik and 1 others like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks

Thanks this thread is very helpfull. (sorry should have done the search first)

Now why didn't i think to do that... thanks again!
    Robnik likes this.

Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Thanks
    Couldn't see spending a lot of $ so just took a piece of 1" flat stock and drilled holes in ends and mounted a mirror on FEL support. WORKS GREAT!
    Can make the support as long as needed or lean out or in to each there own. Been using the for 7-8 years, Easy to replace and not costly, A PLUS Also leaves the place for greasing open and usable as well.

waltmart

Name:	20171231_142530.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	550593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171231_142537.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	550601
    Last edited by waltmart; 02-18-2018 at 07:26 PM.

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tractor Tim View Post
    Try these:

Mirrors For mounting on small Deere loaders

There is a Q/A there which say they don't fit H120, but then a purchaser comment and photo (below) show that they DO fit the H120.

Name:	Mirror.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	550577
    What’s nice about them Tim, it looks like you could turn that bracket to get them to the outside. That’s the only thing I noticed about mounting to the FEL is they give you a great view of the rear lights. And to go along with SulleyBear ‘s post I have no vibration whatsoever mounted there but I am going to put a bracket on to get the mirror to the outside better.
    Tractor Tim, Robnik and DanW like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I bought these UTV mirrors on Amazon with the idea originally to use them on the top bar of the grille guard.

Name:	mirror4.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	550641

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 1025 grille guard tubing is significantly smallerthan UTV frame tubes, so although I switched to smaller clamps, they were always vibrating loose, and were also hard to adjust properly since they were not in reach from the tractor seat.

So I moved them to the loader frame. Sorry about the poor picture, but it's the only one I have available tonight.

Name:	mirror.png 
Views:	446 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	550665

They are pretty steady, and are easy to adjust. Unfortunately when the loader is removed, the mirrors go with it. The other problem is that while getting on and off the tractor, particularly in my shed, I bump against them and they move. When roading the tractor, visibility of traffic coming up behind me is good. With the 9 mph top speed, runners and bicyclists also pass me. I can see them coming too.
    wildbranch2007 and Robnik like this.
    1025R, H120 FEL, 60D MMM, Rhinohide canopy, iMatch, Frontier BB2060L, SS1067, RC2048, Heavy Hitch front weight carrier, subsoiler, trash bin carrier, rear hitch plate, Titan ballast box, 42 inch forks, Tarter chain harrow, Yard Tuff arena drag, DragnFly Arena Groomer, Newer Model 225 manure spreader, Ken's bucket hooks, Piranha tooth bar, Fimco 40 gallon 3pt boom sprayer,

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast