Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: New owner of a 2018 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks

New owner of a 2018 1025R

Just took delivery of a 1025R with loader, rotary cutter, box blade, rotary tiller and an 18' Big Tex trailer last Thursday. We have just under an acre of pasture, and a little over 1.5 acres of lawn, pond and overgrown woods. Right after everything was delivered, I mowed the pasture and bush hogged the undergrowth in the woods in just over 2 hours.

Bought some light weight clamp-on 42" pallet forks from Amazon for moving brush piles left over from Hurricane Irma, moved everything in just a couple hours time. Bought an Imatch hitch a couple days ago and like that much better than wrestling with the 3-point hitch.

I am thoroughly amazed at how much I was able to do in just under 3.5 hours of run time. This is my first tractor (48" Husky riding mower doesn't count) and I kick myself for not buying one last year when we bought our "ranch".

One minor issue I have noticed and haven't had much time to look into yet, with the transmission in neutral and the parking brake on, the engine won't stay running if I get out of the seat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image 1.jpg   Image 3.jpg   Image 2.jpg  
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, Levi and 9 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 668 Posts
    Congrats on the new 1025R.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    Congrats on the tractor!! You're going to love it!

I love your property!! Sweetie and I are thinking of moving to FL. It looks like house/property prices are still pretty reasonable if you get out in the rural areas away from the main tourist spots. I actually called the County tax people in Suwannee County to find out what the taxes were on a property I found on Zillow. Well under $1000 per year!! That sounds pretty sweet compared to the $6,000 per year that we pay here. The sales tax rate was also less than we're paying here. If I could only get high-speed internet out in the sticks, I'd be down there. Need a good connection to do my job.

Keep us all posted on the projects you use the tractor for!!

Oh, and WELCOME TO GREEN TRACTOR TALK!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,277 Posts
    Congrats, that's a nice set up you have there.
    Levi and greenharley like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    05-06-2018 @ 11:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rws71 View Post
    Just took delivery of a 1025R with loader, rotary cutter, box blade, rotary tiller and an 18' Big Tex trailer last Thursday. We have just under an acre of pasture, and a little over 1.5 acres of lawn, pond and overgrown woods. Right after everything was delivered, I mowed the pasture and bush hogged the undergrowth in the woods in just over 2 hours.

Bought some light weight clamp-on 42" pallet forks from Amazon for moving brush piles left over from Hurricane Irma, moved everything in just a couple hours time. Bought an Imatch hitch a couple days ago and like that much better than wrestling with the 3-point hitch.

I am thoroughly amazed at how much I was able to do in just under 3.5 hours of run time. This is my first tractor (48" Husky riding mower doesn't count) and I kick myself for not buying one last year when we bought our "ranch".

One minor issue I have noticed and haven't had much time to look into yet, with the transmission in neutral and the parking brake on, the engine won't stay running if I get out of the seat.
    That was the first mod I made when I bought mine. Easy fix just need to make a little jumper wire. Won't need to make any alterations just plug and play.
    Levi and greenharley like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Mine does. I'm assuming the PTO is not engaged?
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rws71 View Post
    Congrats on the new tractor! It should stay running. Make sure you see the red parking brake light on the dash display (lower right) so you know the brake is really set.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 02-21-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    etcallhome, Levi and greenharley like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    Do you have removable loading ramps on your trailer? What do you pull your trailer with?
    greenharley likes this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post
    Do you have removable loading ramps on your trailer? What do you pull your trailer with?
    Hi, since I wanted the rotary tiller on top of their standard package, the dealer offered the larger trailer for an additional $350. It does have removable loading ramps that store on each side at the back. I had the dealer deliver it to the house since I don't have a tow package on my tired old F150 yet. Didn't trust the bumper hitch for the two mile ride from the dealer.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Congrats on the tractor!! You're going to love it!

I love your property!! Sweetie and I are thinking of moving to FL. It looks like house/property prices are still pretty reasonable if you get out in the rural areas away from the main tourist spots. I actually called the County tax people in Suwannee County to find out what the taxes were on a property I found on Zillow. Well under $1000 per year!! That sounds pretty sweet compared to the $6,000 per year that we pay here. The sales tax rate was also less than we're paying here. If I could only get high-speed internet out in the sticks, I'd be down there. Need a good connection to do my job.

Keep us all posted on the projects you use the tractor for!!

Oh, and WELCOME TO GREEN TRACTOR TALK!!
    Thank you, we were so lucky to find this place just down the road from where we used to live, tucked back in the woods of an old tree nursery. We are in Clay county just south of Jacksonville, property taxes are reasonable around here, lots of space the further south in the county you go. I grew up in Michigan, thank goodness the Navy brought me down here decades ago. I don't miss winter a bit, although we did have a few nights below freezing last month.
    Levi, mark02tj and greenharley like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast