Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: On/Off valve for hydraulics is stuck on JD 750

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2014 @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks

On/Off valve for hydraulics is stuck on JD 750

The on/off valve on my john deere 750 is stuck and I cannot turn it either way. I am assuming it is in the off position because the hydraulics are not working on the tractor. I have been spraying the threads for a couple of days with PB Blaster, but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any suggestions how to free this up?

I bought this little tractor on an auction for for almost nothing because it wouldn't start. It had been setting under a lean-to shed for a couple of years and a few things were froze up on it. I have got it running and can use everything on it but the hydraulics. any suggestion would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,024 Times in 2,506 Posts
    Welcome,
    I can't offer any different advice than what your already trying, sorry.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbran View Post
    The on/off valve on my john deere 750 is stuck and I cannot turn it either way. I am assuming it is in the off position because the hydraulics are not working on the tractor. I have been spraying the threads for a couple of days with PB Blaster, but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any suggestions how to free this up?

I bought this little tractor on an auction for for almost nothing because it wouldn't start. It had been setting under a lean-to shed for a couple of years and a few things were froze up on it. I have got it running and can use everything on it but the hydraulics. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Other than tearing it down and soaking it to free it up you could use a better penetrating oil. KROIL is the best there is. You can usually find it at any HVAC supply store. Expensive but well worth it. The wife won't want you near her after you use it either so don't get any on you!
    felixm22 likes this.
    316, 332, 425, 430, 4200, 4300, 4720 w/cab, 54" front blade, 5' rear blade, 2 bottom JD plow, 4' JD tiller, 5' Woods tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmo View Post
    Other than tearing it down and soaking it to free it up you could use a better penetrating oil. KROIL is the best there is. You can usually find it at any HVAC supply store. Expensive but well worth it. The wife won't want you near her after you use it either so don't get any on you!

Kinda figured that would be some of the advice that I got. I'll see if I can find some Kroil around here, I have never used that. Course keeping the wife at bay has it's advantage - she won't want to come out to the shop!!

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbran View Post
    Kinda figured that would be some of the advice that I got. I'll see if I can find some Kroil around here, I have never used that. Course keeping the wife at bay has it's advantage - she won't want to come out to the shop!!
    I don't know if Kroil will keep the wife at bay. I think it smells pleasant. You may also find it in a good gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Thanks
    A 50/50 mix of ATF & Acetone may work also if you can find Kroil. I'd soak the fitting and wrap a soaked rag around it overnight.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by felixm22 View Post
    I don't know if Kroil will keep the wife at bay. I think it smells pleasant. You may also find it in a good gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    better check with her she may have a different opinion. One of the mechanics in our maintenance shop used so much every day, he reeked of it. You could smell him coming.
    316, 332, 425, 430, 4200, 4300, 4720 w/cab, 54" front blade, 5' rear blade, 2 bottom JD plow, 4' JD tiller, 5' Woods tiller

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-25-2019 @ 07:24 AM
    Thanks

Those Bavarians - so meticulous.

I don't know what the valve you speak of looks like, but there's a method of freeing stuck bolts that's spelled out by Volkswagen engineers that we, in my shop, often refer to as "the "Volkswagen method". After applying penetrating oil and allowing it to soak, rap it with a hammer 60 to 70 times in such a manner that you don't damage it beyond recognition or usefulness. We often use an air hammer for this, using it as gently (so as not to damage), yet aggressively as possible. This method usually works for us.
    PaDave likes this.
    Just call me Jon, not Myasis Dragon (Hint: My a** is draggin') 2013 1025r FILB (Factory installed loader & Backhoe - 260 & H120), 60D mower w/electric over hydraulic (independent) lift, R4 tires, psrumor's seat springs, Kenny D's bolt-on hooks, bxpanded piranha tooth bar on a 49" bucket and a 61" bucket for snow and light material, County Line post hole digger, County Line landscape rake, counterfeit JD box scraper, homemade 4' x 8' farm wagon, Fimco 30 gallon 3ph sprayer.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I will give that a try this evening.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Maybe this will be of some value if you decide to take it apart.Attachment 32697
    3520, Sicma 74 tiller, 12Kw PTO gen, 72"auto connect deck, 300cx FEL, 61"HD w/JD toothbar & 6ft snow pusher, JD Ballast box w/Extension, Land Pride FDR-2584 finish mower,

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast