Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: And so the addiction begins...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks

And so the addiction begins...

After only owning my 1025R for three days, I just had to go back up the road to the dealer to get an Imatch hitch. They are just over a mile and a half down the road, this could become a real problem...

The included bushings were about .060" to long to allow installation of the lock pins on the rotary cutter. Gave me a reason to dig out my old Sherline lathe that hasn't been used since we moved in. Cut down the bushings in a few minutes time and had them installed on the rotary cutter shortly after. All was well afterwards, until I started reading more posts on the forum...

I have the H120 loader and am now debating whether I need a ballast box, fill the tires with Rimguard, get wheel weights, suitcase weights on the box blade or some combination above. Our Florida land is flat as a pancake with the exception of some shallow drainage ditches in the woods. I will be using the loader for moving mulch and river rock in the coming months.

I'd love to fill the tractor shack with every shiny green thing imaginable, but the newly self-appointed chairwoman of the implement appropriation committee is ruling with an iron fist, so I have to plead a logical case with a heavy emphasis on safety to make her loosen the purse strings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rws71 For This Useful Post:

Cliebold (02-23-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 2,948 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rws71 View Post
    After only owning my 1025R for three days, I just had to go back up the road to the dealer to get an Imatch hitch. They are just over a mile and a half down the road, this could become a real problem...

The included bushings were about .060" to long to allow installation of the lock pins on the rotary cutter. Gave me a reason to dig out my old Sherline lathe that hasn't been used since we moved in. Cut down the bushings in a few minutes time and had them installed on the rotary cutter shortly after. All was well afterwards, until I started reading more posts on the forum...

I have the H120 loader and am now debating whether I need a ballast box, fill the tires with Rimguard, get wheel weights, suitcase weights on the box blade or some combination above. Our Florida land is flat as a pancake with the exception of some shallow drainage ditches in the woods. I will be using the loader for moving mulch and river rock in the coming months.

I'd love to fill the tractor shack with every shiny green thing imaginable, but the newly self-appointed chairwoman of the implement appropriation committee is ruling with an iron fist, so I have to plead a logical case with a heavy emphasis on safety to make her loosen the purse strings.
    Let the newly self-appointed chairwoman of the implement appropriation committee use your tractor. Works for me.
    etcallhome, Tomfive, Levi and 8 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    Lots of combos of ballast can be employed. I personally stick with a ballast box filled with concrete for my loader work. Ballast box's have the benefit of being "compact" compared to implements. They don't tend to stick out as far or as wide etc.

A box blade by itself isn't heavy enough for the loader per manual. I would want wheel weights and filled tires with a box blade or adequate additional weight added to the blade itself.

The manual outlines several recommended configurations.

And yes... ballast is definitely a safety issue. It takes a blink of an eye for one of these things to tip over. I went up on three wheels last fall cause I went around a corner with loader attached and no box. It was dumb and reminded me to not be an idiot.
    2017 1025R sporting turfs, 54" snowblower with remote chute kit, 54" auto connect MMM with mulch kit, H120 loader, 42" Titan forks, coolant heater and Original Tractor Cab.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks

newly self-appointed chairwoman of the implement appropriation committee

Those dam committees. Every time you want to improve and make your life easier, that dam appropriation committee steps in and ruins it. They wonder why I don't tell them I'm going to buy something. I'm in the asking for forgiving state after I have it already. I'll pay for it for the next weeks but they soon get over it. HAHAHAHA.

NOTE: a John Deere dealership down the road. YEA, that is going to be a bit problem. I hope you don't have something like a tractor suppley and a MENARDS near by. My wife would make us move NOW!!!
    etcallhome, fdmars, Levi and 6 others like this.
    John Deere 2016 1025 R with R3 Turf Tires, LED Work Lights, Rear 3rd selective vavle
    60 D mower With Mulch Kit with Independent lift
    H120 Loader with AF 12 Forks
    Rear Ballast Box, Front weights 5 at 42 LBS each
    Quick I-Match with 3pt tractor receiver.
    Land Pride RB 1660 with Hydraulic angle
    Tractor Supply RT4 Tractor Line Rototiller Tarter Equipment.
    54" Quick connect Front Blade, Snow Thrower.

Replaced 128 and 149 1970's Cub Cadets.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Thanks

Stick around a while, there are many of us on here that have figured out the loop holes to those domesticated, self appointed committees. Probably so much there should be a forum just for that.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 03:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AVESPERM View Post
    NOTE: a John Deere dealership down the road. YEA, that is going to be a bit problem. I hope you don't have something like a tractor suppley and a MENARDS near by. My wife would make us move NOW!!!
    I just checked Google Maps: Ag Pro, 1.4 miles due east, Tractor Supply, 3.0 miles southwest. 5 minute drive time to either of them... Am I lucky or cursed???
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts

If you accompany your request for a new implement with a pair of gold ear rings or whatever may be her preference, they tend to soften up in a hurry. Put the new ear rings in a gift box on top of literature for the next Deere items you "NEED" to purchase.

When she asks about the literature under the ear ring box you say, "Oh, that stuff under the ear rings, that's just the necessary safety items I MUST HAVE so I am sure to not get hurt or worse. This way, we can be sure of spending many more years together well into the twilight our lives." See, that way, if she says no, then you can wonder if the decision was really fiscally based or part of a larger plot.

Oh, and NEVER seek permission for simply one implement or one additional purchase. Always "Bundle" your purchases as obtaining approval for one item is just as much effort as obtaining permission for a "Bundle" of items.........Remember, you don't say "It's $900 and I know that's a lot of money." Instead, you use the approach of "Such safety is amazingly affordable and only cost $900, which is a small price to pay for all the VALUE, safety and security it provides."

You know how taxpayers absolutely HATE when their school district or municipality runs a Millage election for a new school building and the tax payers approve it when the planning commission swears that this will be the last time they need to raise your taxes for a long time and then, next year, they come back and seek another tax increase to pay for the maintenance of the new building you just paid to build? That's what you want to avoid doing. So, always bundle your purchases.

Also, feel free to throw all of the blame on "Those people on GTT" who just insist that you must have the extra items so you remain safe and not injured and requiring the full time care of a young nurse in a short uniform who will need to sponge bathe you and................where was I headed with this?

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

1023user (02-27-2018)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    I just checked Google Maps: Ag Pro, 1.4 miles due east, Tractor Supply, 3.0 miles southwest. 5 minute drive time to either of them... Am I lucky or cursed???
    You use the close location to your advantage.

For example, "There are people on the tractor forum who must drive HOURS to reach their closest dealer or tractor parts supplier. We are so fortunate to live close because all of the money we would have to spend on fuel driving back and forth like other must, not to mention the wear and tear on the vehicles, we can redirect into purchasing items which will improve the appearance of our home and increase it's value."

Glass is half full

Glass is half full

Glass is NEVER half empty.......
    Levi, BigJim55, Jep and 6 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AVESPERM View Post
    Those dam committees. Every time you want to improve and make your life easier, that dam appropriation committee steps in and ruins it. They wonder why I don't tell them I'm going to buy something. I'm in the asking for forgiving state after I have it already. I'll pay for it for the next weeks but they soon get over it. HAHAHAHA.

I always heard that it was easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission.

Dave
    etcallhome, fdmars, Levi and 10 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I always heard that it was easier to ask for forgiveness than asking for permission.

Dave
    I went with the bundle approach. I got everything I wanted with the tractor purchase, because I knew it would be easier than trying to talk up a new item every few months. Good thing I did. I've only had the tractor a few weeks now and we are having a major problem with the septic tank field. Like in thousand of dollars worth of work. Ouch! I've got to lay low for a long time....
    chex313, Levi, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast